Old Borderlands [Merged]

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

I think you will be best of putting the old maps back and add this new desert border top right corner as a EotM map. Then remove the laser event, autoupgrade and notifications about capture from it because this is only an advantage for the largest blob.

With this i think you will have made huge amounts of players actually happy. For a lot of your customers a big part of why they like the game is not working. Seeing more then average people in EotM even guilds which used to be much more uncommon

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah i support this. i really tried to like the map, but i get lost and its too vertical and too complex and simply not a wvw map. autoupgrades also hurt wvw way more than they help. please anet, revert….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Brasetvik.1609

Brasetvik.1609

They should switch out EB to the new borderland map and bring back the old homeborders imo.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Brasetvik.1609

Brasetvik.1609

Arenanet should switch out EB to the new borderland map and bring back the old homeborders imo, because it’s waaay to much pvd/pve on the new map & theres 3 of them now… Seems like most of the people queue up for EB now to find fights & less pvd.

That is all.

(edited by Brasetvik.1609)

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

Does this make sense, yes. Will ANet listen, No.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

WvW is shocking, every home boarder land is dead, there is nothing happening at all, by the time you see someone has taken something and you get there, they have long gone, they just turned WvW into the slowest K-Train in the game, its terrible, I decided to have a look in EotM to see what was happening, and BHAM 3 massive zergs, people all talking about how WvW is bad, and the WvW guilds would rather roam EotM now instead as they can actually get a fight, abet it be against pugs mostly.

If Anets goal with HoT was to make an excuse to finally remove WvW from the game due to lack of interest and players, BRAVO mission succeeded.

Unless you can get into EB, then WvW is officially dead.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm no. i’d like to keep eb and want the old borderlands back. the new one should not even be part of regular wvw. leave this thing for pve or as a new eotm.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Zidd.6083

Zidd.6083

Just came back to GW2 after a couple years off… Very disappointed that the old borderlands are gone.. What a shame.. New ones -> no comment…

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

And bring back the lake too.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Yes give back new maps, me & my 25 + wvw friends will return, And remove autoupgrades

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sabre.8251

Sabre.8251

I would at least have a step inbetween as idea. Why not make a very different new Borderland and then get back old Borderland. So that we get 3 Theme based Borders…kinda. The old Border (Blue), with it’s cold Weather, the new Border with its Desert Theme (Red) and a very new Border for Green, which could be Jungle based or whatever. That would at least give those rare players, that like the new Map also a chance to stay with it (as when there was any xD). That would kinda be the middleway of annoyed Players wanting old Border back (they get it, but as a Bundle of 3 very different Borders) and Anet, which wanted to refresh the allways same Maps. I’m myself not happy about this Map, 1000 ways lead to Rome? For sure not on this Map, every way just leads me against a Wall Oo And those Knockaround Turrets in Hills? Make a fight there really unfair, especially, when the enemies come up with S-ac’s and all the Sieges.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I will put a sampling of the forumwarriors on my friend list and see just how much you even play the border maps.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Although I like the new maps a return to alpine would be nice. Problem is after a bit players will once again get bored which was the reason desert maps were made. What needs done is a map rework without going hog-wild. Leave some interaction between Forts, return the old upgrade system with the ability to lock out public activation by the claiming guild, and keep upgrades free. Also cut back on Tower size, hard to defend something that’s so big.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: fosfor.9076

fosfor.9076

First of all, we don’t need bigger maps, the old border maps size was good. This will solve the “walking simulator” bad idea, and put the player vs player, into face-to-face state more quickly.

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Old Borderlands [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Seeing more then average people in EotM even guilds which used to be much more uncommon

This alone says it all.

When whole guilds are looking for fights in EotM (and actually finding them A LOT of the time) you realize the full catastrophic issue ANet’s made as a whole with the DBlands.

People would rather go to EotM for fights because it’s a guaranteed way to FIND PEOPLE to fight. You’re bound to run into someone because the map isn’t too big, relatively flat and not too many ‘platforms’, sure it has it’s vertical points but they are SIMPLE ones, not windy-maze like trenches blocking off your view with ridiculous monotonous mountain ridges etc.

Last night was “Daily Shrine” cap. I thought, meh why not? Didn’t see a single enemy on my way through THREE of the T1 DBlands looking for a shrine to cap. Sure, there were a couple commanders, probably k-training and knocking on doors but never have I felt so alone and unhappy trekking through that MESS of a map just trying to get to a simple shrine of all things and hoping I run into at least SOMEONE to fight.

I really miss Alpine’s simplicity; being able to run around on one level of terrain and quickly find someone to fight was FUN.

Those days are long gone.