Old and New stability

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Can someone explain How the current stability and new(actually old) will differ and affect the wvw mode, both in smallscale gvg and laregr battles? i cannot for th elife of me remember how it worked before, did stability not get removed by cc before, only by boon remove/corrupt and when it runs out?
Any idea’s how they will adfress current stability skills atm too?

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

Before, stability was simply on a time, like 3- 8 seconds, it never just “came off” as it does right now, no stacking, you either had it, or you didn’t, it was a blanket cover. if you got CC 50 times in 3 seconds you had it on, you were fine.

Soo… I don’t know how they will be changing it back because it will just go back to the way it was before, where classes that can roll a lot of Stability, just steam roll over the ones that cant.

The grass is not greener…..

so I am interested in what they do with it. But if they mess it up, like they did saying they were stopping any development on the new legendry’s. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , might be time to uninstall….

(edited by Silverstone.4539)

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Yeah there used to be no stacks. 20 seconds of stability meant 20 seconds of complete immunity against cc’s. This of course made so called “paintrains” (~75% meeles) extremely strong because you could just straight run through anything they throw at you.

With the nerf it was basically impossible to push anywhere because you’d need somewhat around 30 stacks of stability for every push you wanna do leading to the pirateship meta. Both not very nice but many people say that the first version at least incentivised you to run in the fight.

Afaik one possible attempt at “fixing” stability could be to add a small ICD to each stack of stability.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

Well DH bow skill 5 is only adding to the problems in my opinion. half the time you can’t even see it, it’s just a red ring like everything else.

Old and New stability

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

Ah so basicly no one knows what the new stab is going to be like ^%^ haahah because right now stability is perfect for small scale(in my opinion) the old stability basicly meant cc was usless

Old and New stability

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

With ld stab eveyone iwll use the remove boon on crit sigil :P

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Yeah there used to be no stacks. 20 seconds of stability meant 20 seconds of complete immunity against cc’s. This of course made so called “paintrains” (~75% meeles) extremely strong because you could just straight run through anything they throw at you.

With the nerf it was basically impossible to push anywhere because you’d need somewhat around 30 stacks of stability for every push you wanna do leading to the pirateship meta. Both not very nice but many people say that the first version at least incentivised you to run in the fight.

Afaik one possible attempt at “fixing” stability could be to add a small ICD to each stack of stability.

There was a hardcap to 10 second on the boon. Perma stab from 2 guards is a myth.

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Can someone explain How the current stability and new(actually old) will differ and affect the wvw mode, both in smallscale gvg and laregr battles?

It was on/off rather than stacked. CCs had no effect on stability originally but anything that removed boons could remove stability. The problem was there were more stability givers than removers.

The old way was “hammer train” meta where melee was more powerful than ranged. The new way is “pirate ship” meta where ranged is vastly more powerful than melee. IMO the original way while far from a perfect system but was a more fun environment as fights resolved themselves much faster. The old system also allowed for small zerg busting groups to be more effective.

Neither stability is good in small scale fights as stability was and is extremely powerful in those fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Old and New stability

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

My main convern is how they will deal with new stability skills, i.e take a look at revenants Enhanced bulwark, atm it adds an xtra stack of stab when stab is applied to you witha 1 sec cd, so now will it just increase the stabilities duration? if so this skill is useless on rev, as dodgeroll gives nearly perma stability in terms of duration anyway :L

Old and New stability

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

There was a hardcap to 10 second on the boon. Perma stab from 2 guards is a myth.

This. I have played frontline guard for 3 years and this is the most stupid thing people say about hammer trains. Every 5 people party in an organized group had no more than 2 guards; then there was usually a war and 2 necros. These 2 guards managed 50-70% stability upkeep, depending on their skill and enemy boon removal.

Hammer trains were never all powerful, but they allowed melee to be melee and forced ranged to play well. What we have now is a nonexistent melee and brainless ranged.

PS: old stab also allowed the 2 guards and a war to just ‘take onboard’ any class (although necros were usually the first choice) and provided them with stab, cleanse might etc… this allowed people to experiment more, and the more experienced melees could cover for pug ranged (I did this a lot with my melee buddies back in the day)… now all you see is bunch of guards, revenants with occasional warrior all stacked in parties together, because they have to, and in so-doing leaving ranged players on their own. So, yeah, long live pirate ship meta, right Anet?

(edited by Peterson.8345)