Omega Siege Golem & Siege Golem

in WvW

Posted by: Mange.8324

Mange.8324

Why the hell can these siege machines be blinded, bled, and poisoned? It was the worst thing I’ve wasted money on in game so far. Took 5 siege golems to make the omega one and I got shut down by a single blind, used my massive aoe fire and had literally 30 misses roll across my screen and never got to touch a zerg of people surrounding me.

The mats for omega needs to be lowered and the weapons need better defense, the shield on #3 for omega is completely useless and lasts for less than a second with around a 20 second cooldown.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Seige golems are not effective alone.

however, they are completely overpowered in groups.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Dairdel.2849

Dairdel.2849

The golems are too easy to assassinate, even when they are surrounded by a group. The normal ones have only 120k health. It wont take long to kill them at all, even by a solo palyer.

If there is a huge zerg around it, i can get them to half health before the zerg even loads with how phasing works in this game.

Golems need a very weak heal on a long cooldown, maybe 1k health every 10seconds(while out of combat) for them to be more effective, Rams are alot more useful than golems, the only situation golem’s can be effective is if there is a catapult behind a keep door stopping people using the rams.

in WvW

Posted by: Turukano.3106

Turukano.3106

As far as I understood about Golems:

Very effective vs Gates
Not very effective vs Players

[center]Karn Aanug [KA][/center]

in WvW

Mange.8324

Seige golems are not effective alone.

however, they are completely overpowered in groups.

I wasn’t alone, but we were out numbered. My golem contributed less than I do outside of it. They aren’t overpowered at all. See the original post on how to stop one.

As far as I understood about Golems:

Very effective vs Gates
Not very effective vs Players

That’s the idea for using it but it’s so slow never made it to the gate after we got spotted.

in WvW

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

I am in the opinion that Golems are completely useless compared to other siege. Soon as you are spotted you realize how little HP you are given and might as well have bought 3 Rams to do the job (since they are carried by faster moving players and take less time to build compared to the time it takes a golem to walk there)

But moreso the current state of stacking catapults behind the gate makes anything anti-gate a waste of gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

The only time you should ever be using Golems is for Keeps & Garrisons as a means to get through both outer and inner defenses quickly.

Anything outside of that is very situational.

in WvW

Mange.8324

Bottom line is it needs to take less supply, some form of movement boost since it’s the only mobile siege weapon, and should not be able to be blinded poisoned or bled on top of a couple more conditions. Vulnerability is the only condition that comes to mind that makes sense, and stun.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

They are for doors not players … so many silly posts.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Yea they’re useless…

Right up until they smash through 2 sets of reinforced gates before you can even get back to defend.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Mange.8324

Just 3 man’d a supply camp + golem (full hp) because he had no way of getting close enough to hit us with it. Like a veteran mob that misses everything.

in WvW

Mange.8324

Anyways short term solution, don’t buy golems unless you are absolutely steam rolling a siege area and you have 10 people with supplies near you to build it so you don’t have to crawl to your destination.

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Step 1: Golems
Step 2: Mesmers
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

in WvW

Posted by: Vulpix.4580

Vulpix.4580

Step 1: Golems
Step 2: Mesmers
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

I pity da fools who thinks Mesmers are useless, because this is why I love Mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Golems are basically flame rams that you can move after you use them. Don’t get too infatuated with the silly looking things. They aren’t Robocop.