On a mismatched server this week?

in WvW

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

Take time to document your WvW week. Take screen shots of the map. Create a post detailing your experience and the experience of your server. It would probably be valuable feedback for the devs.

This game should be fun for people on all tiers. My greatest WvW fear is that the lower tier servers are getting the shorter end of the stick in the new regime. Perhaps you can prove me wrong.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

There won’t be blowouts, coverage will still be the real winner, and server ratings will move much closer to each other.

This is my prediction.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

I’m on Gunnar’s Hold. We were tier 7 three hours ago…

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Yes and ratings-wise, both you and Arborstone are kicking kitten.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

There won’t be blowouts, coverage will still be the real winner, and server ratings will move much closer to each other.

This is my prediction.

Well, I’m on Rof and we’re ticking +665 against Vabbi and Fow… So yeah.

Anet really needs to help those servers out somehow. Funnel them free transfers, combine servers, just something.

Of course any server would do this to those 2, I still like making people’s predictions wrong

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

(edited by L Step.8659)

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Servers like NA’s ET/FC or EU’s Vabbi/Fissure of Woe are in tiers 8 and 9 respectively because we are simply outnumbered by every server we come across and so then more players still on the server give up and go play PvE/SPvP instead of getting farmed in WvW. There was one beautiful week for FC and ET where we actually weren’t outnumbered and we finished that week in 1st and 2nd for the matchup, then by the next match we had already lost a bunch of players due to transferring out or going back to PvE, specifically our night time players.

I used to think that joining FC/ET into one server would be a decent fix to this problem, but that might make us too strong because then players might actually come to WvW and we then be the server outnumbering everyone. Now I don’t know what the answer might be, because as of right now there’s very little to no appeal to join any of these servers, especially if you have to pay for it. Then again, the free transfer program a few weeks ago really didn’t help out the few servers who actually needed it anyways.

I personally cant wait to get blown out in our new matchup. Maybe they should just change the way WvW is organized and make it just GreenvRedvBlue instead of labeling it as ServervServer since that situation is clearly failing all of us atm. Make it like SPvP, with matchmaking as soon as you join it after a reset where you will see a list of available options and then be asked to choose one for the week. WvW is broken right now regardless of the ratings before or after today’s “fix”. Just my long-winded 2 cents

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Neil.4360

Neil.4360

People moan, people always moan, don’t be changing things like this though.

I don’t see how this new system can possibly benefit (on average) servers that are below halfway down the rankings. In contrast as much as the lower servers get a rough deal, higher tier servers get a great deal, the higher you are the better the deal in fact!!! Madness.

Who cares if the matchups stay the same for weeks, people will moan sure, but people will moan even more now!

Matching EU vs US servers (of the same rank) is a better idea than what we have just moved to! Al least that would counter the “there are only 24 servers and the matchups all occur at the same time” problem, in fact Fissure of Woe could night cap against an absent Eredon Terrace and vice-versa (might be fun).

Crappest week on WvW yet.

I’m on Gunnar’s Hold btw so my opinion might be biased, seeing as we seem to have the most unfair matchup currently (excluding t9 but that’s always unfair).

Saying that though, the GH community i keeping its chin up and we even made it into Blue Keep lords room (EB) briefly while no one was around, but then Piken turned up and well… we were asked to leave. However night time will be upon us soon and that will be another whole load of kitten

(edited by Neil.4360)

in WvW

EFWinters.5421

This is my prediction.

Well, I’m on Rof and we’re ticking +665 against Vabbi and Fow… So yeah.

Anet really needs to help those servers out somehow. Funnel them free transfers, combine servers, just something.

Of course any server would do this to those 2, I still like making people’s predictions wrong

The situation has been the same for those two servers previously. You are not really proving my predictions wrong.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Well GH went from t7 to t4, maybe they have a better case? :p

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Posted by: Alcyone.8695

Alcyone.8695

ArenaNet needs to explain the new ranking system better – I think there would be less outrage if people understood the exact set of changes involved. Essentially: even losing can be rewarding rank-wise under the new system, if you do better than the computer predicted, and you can win and still drop in rank if you are complacent. Tiers are less relevant than individual rankings and score gaps in the new system, and in the event where one server gets a huge load of transfers their rank will adjust rapidly, rather than having them spend months cannibalizing the scores of the other two teams in the tier and punching them into the floor before they can slowly fight up to the top where they now belong. This is one benefit to the lowest ranked servers in particular, as we’ve seen more than once how hard it is to break out of the lowest tier no matter how well you do. There will be reduced incentive for massive guilds to transfer to low ranking servers just because they want to spend a few months beating other servers to the ground (and I’m sure we all have suspicions about that)—it simply won’t be possible to the same extent that it was before.

That being said, matchups are going to be pretty awful at first, as the system has to more or less “get to know” every server from scratch. I’m pretty sure EU matchups are worse than they ought to be due to the false start ending up counted in their data and whipping their scores around. ANet really should have removed that data from their calculations.

If I was ANet, at least for the first new matchup and perhaps for a few weeks afterward, I would fudge the numbers and feed the resulting scores into the algorithm, hand-designing matchups that would be possible under the new system but only change things up enough to be interesting and not suspicious. That would give things time to settle a little before throwing things out for realsies.

in WvW

Posted by: Eolehyene.9084

Eolehyene.9084

Yes and ratings-wise, both you and Arborstone are kicking kitten.

I’m from AS and i’m ok with fighting t4-5 servers, lot of fights, free repair, this is a perfect world

[Tz] Warrior
“Come on hit me, hit me, please, some more,
While my team pounds you into the floor.”

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Mos currently shows that Gunnar’s Hold and Arborstone are GAINING dozens of rating points by losing badly on points in these matches.

So they really don’t need to worry too much.

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Mos currently shows that Gunnar’s Hold and Arborstone are GAINING dozens of rating points by losing badly on points in these matches.

so having fun in a reasonably balanced match does not get a look in then? Its all about the ratings?……

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

It depends on what you look for in terms of balance. Some of us can have fun even whilst losing and it’s going to be nice to see the effort we put in recognised in a better-than-expected performance which gives us more rating.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

When TC was getting slapped around and we had one lone tower on four entire maps, I would get creative and amuse myself by finding creative places for siege. It actually wound up being quite productive, because there’s still some “SURPRISE!” siege places I use to this day. Don’t get discouraged. Invent new ways of, at the very least, being a thorn in your enemy’s side.

Also — three exits to spawn, plus a few non-traditional exits you can hop around. Make them work for your bags!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Of Eternety.4625

Angel Of Eternety.4625

so having fun in a reasonably balanced match does not get a look in then? Its all about the ratings?……

Thx Cameirus^^

Isaac

So you are willing to get runned over time after time, never be able to fightback as long as youget rating???

I prefer a good match on ecual terms over that^^
And atm GH are biting away and clawing a stand^^

Bringing you lootbags since start^^
Little Cursed Angel—Norn Necro lvl 80
The Enchanted Angel—Human Mesmer lvl 80

in WvW

EFWinters.5421

Thx Cameirus^^

Isaac

So you are willing to get runned over time after time, never be able to fightback as long as youget rating???

I prefer a good match on ecual terms over that^^
And atm GH are biting away and clawing a stand^^

Prime time balance is very different from off hours balance. And still off hours is what often causes “blow outs”. Just because server A is dominating for 18-20 hours of the day doesn’t mean that server C & B won’t have a good time during the 4-6 hours where most people play.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

SoS jumped up two tiers so this week is going to hurt, but that’s cool we’ll be back down a few tiers after getting our kitten kicked.

probably learn a few new tricks…