On server ideneties

On server ideneties

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Since we’re doing links and all, it would be really cool if there was a server chat,
That way you can talk among-st yourselves and help make the smaller servers feel tight again, recruit new players who join/ already on your server. I think it could really help that stir that old servyness. Has this been suggested before?

Possible con
linkings feel more divided keep each other out of the loop (which theres already ts and didnt anet say theyre gunna start doing monthly pairings anyways?)

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

On server ideneties

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I very much doubt server chat could be done with linked servers. The closest we have is team chat.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

On server ideneties

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

It has been suggested multiple times before, pretty much since MegaServer, when we lost the ability to call people in LA etc to come help.

And it would be a great thing to try to create a server community and communications again. And a /server chat is probably one of the most important features to do just that.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

On server ideneties

in WvW

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

Shrugs The problem is, from my perspective, servers like Aurora Glade might start using this team chat to avoid involving Blacktide (who is currently server linked). There is some animosity against lower teir servers, largely because we are used to duelling over keeps rather than joining the face roll meta TS zerg.

While it would be cool to talk to other low-population server members, I just see this as a way to discriminate against linked servers.