One-Time Events and WvW

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I think this point has to be made.

The rewards of the Lost Shores event were so great they are going to make future PvE one-time events mandatory for WvW.

From what I’ve heard, the odds of getting a precursor from this event were far greater than from any other source. If you are a serious WvW player who contributes siege during battles, you know how short money can be. The opportunity to spend a few hours with a heightened chance to get a weapon that sells for 50 gp+ on the TP will be too much to pass up.

My fear is in the future WvW guilds are going to need their entire rosters running these things. If even one person drops a precursor, that will be a few weeks of seige blueprints.

ArenaNet needs to hold to the vision that you can play the entire game in WvW, and not need to visit PvE.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hardist.3104

Hardist.3104

Nobody playing WvW has to visit PvE.

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Ancient Karka Shell and the new ascended gear says otherwise.

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Danepher.5263

Danepher.5263

Nothing will happen if you come out of WvW for a hour or two to kill the boss and get a chance to have a reward. Some members in my guild did this and I know some other guilds did this too… I myself contribute siege during battles, and although I have some shortage in money, somehow I don’t cry about it. Nothing is perfect.

I actually find it much more fun, that sometimes you do not have siege weapons at your disposal.

I would understand your concern if it was a thing that happen on a daily basis, but it was a one time event.

Liquid Intelligence [LI] || Blacktide
aka John Silverarrow and more.

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

If you loot corpses and actually fight players (not just doors) you make plenty of money to spend on siege. If you do the jump puzzles (in wvwvw, so you don’t have to leave) you get free siege prints.
It’s not hard to make money in wvwvw unless you are the only person supplying siege for every keep take or defense. It is well past overkill to need precursors for buying siege.

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

You people making this threads piss me right off. Seriously. ANET spent almost three weeks advertising this ONE TIME event. This ONE TIME event that YOU DID NOT WANT TO MISS.

They even repeated it three days before the final event.
And again, on the day of the final event.

And you, being a clown, kitten**** stayed in WvW because you don’t give a flying monkeys about anything else other than your personal interests, and now are now complaining you missed out on a possible big rewards?

Seriously, close your browser.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

One-Time Events and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

Ancient Karka Shell and the new ascended gear says otherwise.

Yeah totally. You totally have to get those items or you won’t be able to play the game. Oh noes.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]