One concern with the new BL

in WvW

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

So everything about the new borderland looks incredible, and I’m very excited to see what changes they’re going to bring into the new wvw system.
-BUT-
Who is even going to bother playing the other borderlands once this comes out? Compared to EotM and the new BL they’re so vanilla and boring (and quite frankly, too small). The wait time is going to be RIDICULOUS. Hopefully they update the other BL so that they’re as awesome as these other two maps that they’ve created so that the wait time is spread out a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They wont’ be available at the same time. They’ll be rotated. You’ll have to wait for these borderlands to be up to play them. I suspect hard core WvW players will continue to play the other borderlands, as well as the new ones.

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, in the REZZED preview, the Devs stated the current WvW maps will be retired, and they aren’t sure when we would see them again.

So, there may be no issue with ‘no one wanting to play the old maps’. /shrug

in WvW

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

REALLY. thats fascinating, I had no idea they planned on completely retiring the old maps. Thats fascinating.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

REALLY. thats fascinating, I had no idea they planned on completely retiring the old maps. Thats fascinating.

Well, Eternal Battlegrounds will remain the same.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You’re completely right. They tried to mitigate the damage by removing the old BL when HoT goes live, but you can expect some HUGE queue times. You’ll have time to become a god at Stronghold, unlock all the specializations and masteries, explore the entire jungle and finish the entire story before you set foot on the new BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

That might explain why you don’t have to map wvw for world map completion anymore