One way to put guilds back in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Give guilds the ability to claim things without needing to be a certain level/upgrade.

Give a multiplier buff to aetherium generation for guild claims on WvW objectives.

1.1x for holding a camp
1.25x for holding a tower
1.5x for holding a keep
2x for holding SM

That will put guildies in WvW just to protect their precious increased aetherium rate.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Although this incentive would for sure drive many guilds into WvW, it’s simply too much. They want guilds to be on even grounds – the only option to increase the Aetherium rate right now is paying 100,000 influence for a 1.05x speedup.

Such an unfair advantage would surely create many conflicts between guilds on the same server (for who claimed an objective) and would result in a lot of chaos.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If you want people to come back at all, increasing the aetherium rate is hardly the issue.

Give the guilds the upgrades they already had previously unlocked.
Remove the Auto upgrade junk, it strongly limits strategic play
Increase the Rewards….Sorry the “balance against farming excuse” doesnt fly, especially when silverwaste still exist.
Remove some of the utter non-nonsensical “zone mechanics” …looking at you fire keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

I’m in a large guild. We’ve been grinding the kitten outta that guild hall kitten. During raid today I asked about being able to see the red dots of enemy players inside a keep/smc… I was told it was an upper tier guild upgrade… kitten. Could someone please link the Dev post/video/twitch/tweet/smokesignal/morsecode/homingpigeonletter explanation on how all these timegated, wealth eating guild hall upgrades are supposed to work?

Edit: Do you see what I just did there (again) ? I admitted I don’t know everything that’s going on. I certainly don’t understand everything that’s going on. I came to these forums again thinking I’d find concrete information from Dev posts so I could learn about what/why they’ve done to WvW. #illgositinacornernow

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)