Only a WvW player...

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: stevorob.8139

stevorob.8139

Only a WvW player carries a swap weapon/offhand in their bags specifically for area swiftness.

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Only a wvw player can apparently see server performance better than the administrators by pressing their skill buttons, heals, utilities and spectacularly, nothing actually happens.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

On the zhaitan note, I legitimately have no idea what/who it is. I remember fighting some giant eyeball in story mode called “Zhaitan’s Eye” but that’s as far as I know. I’m guessing he’s the main boss in the PvE game or something?!?

Zhaitan is a lie!! It is a trick to lure hardcore WvWer into trying PvE! Don’t fall for it!!!

I fell for it once…
PVE has lots of hackers..
Spend hours fighting the enemy zerg at the same spot
But some kitten thiefs, who used some kinda sucky hack where they could use stealth for a very long time. Where rezzing all the death all the time. And i didnt got a single badge!

(edited by Dutchares.6084)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Teutooni.9572

Teutooni.9572

Only a wvw player would feel the urge to violently murder a bunch of cute Quaggans for making false alarms.

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Only a WvW player would understand my signature.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: loopi.7913

loopi.7913

Only a Non WvW’er would think Champion Commander Siegecrusher was awesome. You sir need a demotion.

Vexinia – Squishee animal wrangler of TC

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

Only a wvw player feels heartwarmed when he sees different guild raids running around with great coordination. <3

Only a wvw player asks often to his mates: “Hey that battle was crazy good! Tell me that we had fraps on!???!?!”

Only a wvw player knows that we don’t want crappy loot chest, we want direct inventory loot! DX

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Kvitoq.9154

Kvitoq.9154

Only a wvw player feels that PvE players should fight and bleed if they want badges. Give us back the siege in the jumping puzzle! (even if I was always too busy capping supply camps and never bothered to camp the jumping puzzle myself).

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Only a WvW player skips through all the patchnotes just to find the ones related to WvW or their class.

Only a WvW player kills rabbits, chickens, etc and think that is enough PvE for the day

Only a WvWer sees the trebs in Straits of Devastation and thinks “terrible placement”

Only a WvW player doesn’t know where Straits of Devastation is and has to search the map to find it.

Only a WvW player has 2000 hours played but still broke, no map completion or legendary and still sees FOTM as Flavor of the Month.

Man, i guess i wvw too much cause this is true lol

I actually had to google “gw2 FOTM” to realize it’s fractals of the mist… D’oh!

Only a wvw player would forgo completing the monthly cause of the 7 fractals that need to be done

True story. Never done it, not interested. Miss a monthly? Oh well, who cares…

I think my map completion, on my level 80 guardian, is around 30%. lol

Mine is 13% :P Jumped into wvw at lvl 2 right after the tutorial. I only explored half of Lions Arch and the remaining few % were because I had to run all the way to Orr to get karmagear.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Hellmut.3570

Hellmut.3570

Only a WvW player would be willing to spend 2 hours in a queue.

Only a WvW player would be happy to do the above when there are far better games out there.

(edited by Hellmut.3570)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Astaroth.5146

Astaroth.5146

Only a WvW player will look at the map for green dots after dying in a pve zone.
Only a WvW player knows what blast finishers are for.
Only a WvW player is constantly pressing F while fighting and dodging.

Jezebèl – Mag
Behind every red name there is a human being just like you. Respect your enemies :)

(edited by Astaroth.5146)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Only a WVW player would constantly visit the External Voice Communication Program or Application to chat and have fun with other WVW players.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

Only a WvW player has never finished “Monthly achievment”.

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Only a WvW player would think that having 40% map completion is completely normal

Only a WvW player would mail some of their loot bags after a big fight to the groups support guardian

Only a WvW player still gets excited over a yellow drop loot… even if its not for their career

Only a WvW player thinks Lions Arch is just ‘that weird place’ you end up making siege in the forge and for hanging out at server reset day.

Only a WvW player targets people with legendary weapons first because they’re an easy kill and spent too much time in pve.

Only a WvW player would use an open gate tower defense for their guilds ‘revenue raising’

And then?

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

This is so true.. Someone in ANet should really read it, there’s tons of things highlighted, that are wrong.

There ain’t much left to add but:

Only a WvW player knows how it feels when nobody mans the siege while defending a keep.

Only a WvW player gets angry when he can’t kick some newbie out of a treb, looses the treb and then the keep because the other team actually knew how to use treb. It makes you always want to drop the siege yourself -> drain cash out.

Only a WvW player thinks “Why the hell nobody mans the cannons on SM balconies?”. Yes guys, the’re THAT good.

On a side-note: sometimes it is better do make cannons before walls. On SM it’s actually almost always.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

(edited by vipeout.2485)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Sjet.7092

Sjet.7092

Only a WvW Player queue’s to play longer than they actual play.

Macharial | The Unlikely Plan [TUP] | Aurora Glade

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

I was sharing the best (most of them) quotes on our guilds WvW forum and the leader there added a few more than I thought worthy of reposting:

Only a WvW player has to cooperate with 150 others to achieve a goal (I do think he is being a little optimistic with the numbers here considering the queue bug but I do like his postivity!)
Only a WvW player robs banks to fund their play time (So that’s where he gets his gems!)
Only a WvW player gets guilty when doing a fractal and the point tic is 20
Only a WvW player spend 5 gold to do an upgrade twice a day (and thats why he has to rob banks!)

(edited by Ireniicus.2167)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Ireniicus.2167

And I wanted to add my own:

Only a WvW spends hours defending the supply chain for no reward

Only a WvW player spends gold on upgrades only to see them wiped out by enemy night cappers as our players log off for the night

Only a WvWer spends a gold each day on siege only to see it keep disappearing (And the PvErs thought the Mystic Forge was a destroyer of wealth)

Only WvWers think Dusk and Dawn is the beginning and end of a Friday night reset session (or a Tarantino film of course)

(edited by Ireniicus.2167)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Spacchiuso.5230

Spacchiuso.5230

Only a WvW player has 2 million karma and 2 silver.

I’m going to be reincarnated as a cow

this XD lol

Dark Ganasso [OSC]
Thief 80 – SFR

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

this XD lol

Sadly true lol! And I was hoping for a cat

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: mmartong.1794

mmartong.1794

Only a WvW player thinks that PVE is something to do during long queues. (Actually got to see some really cool stuff this weekend for the first time!)

Only WvW player will think to activate all seige while doing a supply runs because he doesn’t want them to go “poof”.

(Already mentioned) Only a WvWer will have experienced maybe1 PVE dungeon while playing GW2 since launch.

Fractals? Zai-who? Lengendary weapons? gold? map completion?

@mmartong
Sanctum of Rall

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Only a WvW player gets properly steamrolled in spvp despite having played hundreds of hours against human enemies in WvW.

Only a WvW player swears never to put upgrades again after losing something, just to be walking into the next tower and seeing 250/250 supply and queueing an upgrade.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Only a WvW player would complain about not being able to place siege in the Jump Puzzle.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Slips.4692

Slips.4692

“Only a WvW player?…Low priority then.” Anet.

Slips [HoB]
Aurora Glade – EU
ex-Piken Square – EU

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Only a WvW player is emotionally invested enough in this game to actually get a forum reprimand over something they posted.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

puts up with the constant BS that Anet puts him through!

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Stovokor.9368

Stovokor.9368

Only a WvW player scouts patiently for hours at supply camp to buy the few seconds needed for a team response

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Only a WvW player will enjoy a close defeat more than an overwhelming victory

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

this XD lol

Sadly true lol! And I was hoping for a cat

Reincarnated as a Dolyak, with mad offensive skills, full PTV gear, and 20 second invulnerability buffs every 22 seconds.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

Reincarnated as a Dolyak, with mad offensive skills, full PTV gear, and 20 second invulnerability buffs every 22 seconds.

And a self-speedy feets buff every 15 seconds. zomg, if only this were true.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

Only a WvW player knows of the o’l Mighty Lord Flame Ram.

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

Only a WvW player thinks the elementalist downed skill is op.

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Talasir.2387

Talasir.2387

Only a WvW player would find extreme hilarity at being portaled or portaling near a cliff to destroy siege only to find half of the portaled group fall to their deaths.

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Only a WvW player knows how it feels to kill 3 enemies with 1 spell and a cliff.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Only a WvW player would think that making 2g in a night is a good profit.

Only a WvW player actually has server pride.

Only a WvW player understands what truly earning a “Gift of Battle” entails, 8 times over.

Only a WvW player knows that placing normal siege is NOT okay.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Only a WvW player anticipates February – for no known data

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

So true too =P
My old guild left GW2 and keep bugging me about Feb changes.
Get lots of eye rolling when I tell them they haven’t posted them yet =P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

This x 1 Billion

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: SinisterSeven.2781

SinisterSeven.2781

Only a WvW player would send 10s and some superior seige blueprints to the new player who can’t afford to repair his/her armor.

Only a WvW player runs in a tight formation.

Only a WvW player knows what the karma train is.

Only a WvW player knows about fight club.

Only a WvW player would look at a group of 10+ enemies, and say ‘guys i got this’ and charge in with their group of 5 following close behind.

Only a WvW player knows how to portal bomb.

Only a WvW player will walk for hours with a friendly dolyak, with no reward except satisfaction.

Only a WvW player will charge into a half captured camp, just to delay the enemy for a few more seconds.

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Yassa.2193

Yassa.2193

Only a WvW player feels embarassed while donating all his gold;

Only a WvW player rages at those who run jumping puzzels in primetime;

Only a WvW player is happy to run with a build that can’t kill a kitten;

Only a WvW player is willing to die in order to distract the attention of the enemy;

Only a WvW player understands why stealth thieves should be ignored and left without a fight. Hence only WvW players counter thieves with boredom;

Only a WvW player gives his gold to the commander because he doesn’t want to see his commander spending time in PVE.

(edited by Yassa.2193)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Only a WvW player knows the holes and glitches in map textures better than ANet…

Only a WvW player refers to the back door of all 3 EB keeps as “watergate”…

Only a WvW player is willing to spring for an upgrade in a place nobody will defend…

Only a WvW player will willingly run into a capture circle only to instantly die in hopes it will buy the time needed for their team to make it…

Only a WvW player will praise above individual for their sacrifice instead of questioning their sanity…

Only a WvW player knows which of their skills are blast finishers…

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Ireniicus.2167

Only a WvW would have to wait ten years even playing actively everyday in order to complete any achievements

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Ireniicus.2167

Only a WvW player knows one of the longest running most active threads (this one) will never get an official post from ANet

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Ireniicus.2167

Only a WvW player knows it takes 20 times longer to acquire enough badges to buy siege as it does to acquire the silver in pve to buy the very same siege

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Only a WvW player runs all 4 Puzzles daily on 3 characters in less than 2 hrs. and gives away prints to Guildmates.
Only a WvW player knows how to solo camps in glorious fashion.
Only a TRUE WvW player is still on the same server they joined Aug 25th regardless of all the drama in WvW server jumping!

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

(edited by Puddin Cheeks.8539)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

only a WvW player measures their success in how many loot bags are around their corpse. XD

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Only a WvW player kills rabbits, chickens, etc and think that is enough PvE for the day

Revise it to say that only a WvW necro knows that the rabbits, chickens, etc are on the map so they can get their LF up.

Also only a WvW permastealth thief looks at rabbits, chickens, etc as a way to remain in stealth (along with walls, doors, siege)

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Ireniicus.2167

Revise it to say that only a WvW necro knows that the rabbits, chickens, etc are on the map so they can get their LF up.

Also only a WvW permastealth thief looks at rabbits, chickens, etc as a way to remain in stealth (along with walls, doors, siege)

Only a WvW player that is not a thief hates perma stealth thieves

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Only a WvW player knows what it’s like to be the victim of a 2v1 every day of their lives, and believes they’re the only ones this happens to.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Only a WvW player...

in WvW

Posted by: Aten.8046

Aten.8046

only a wvw player knows what is Righteous indignation!