in WvW

Posted by: shadowbrk.2438

shadowbrk.2438

what class is op right now in wvwvw?

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

None of them. There’s no requirement for having at least one “OP” class at all times in GW2.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

All of’em in their specific roles…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

All of’em in their specific roles…

This, pretty much.

All classes have roles they excel in over other classes.

It depends what type of player you are. Do you like running support and mass cc? Guardian. Like zerg busting? Elementalist. Roaming? Thief.

List goes on.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

In the right hands any class is OP, in the wrongs hands every other class is OP.

D/D ele is pretty stupid right now tho.

AR

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

In the right hands any class is OP, in the wrongs hands every other class is OP.

D/D ele is pretty stupid right now tho.

Anything that use dual daggers is annoying… Elementalists, thieves and necros… But they don’t reach a super uber OP stat.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

I had a skirmish with about 7 enemy players, had 4 guys running with me. we downed some of them but the had thieves and revived them in stealth. When i had alot of abilities on cooldown i was jumped by a thief that used steal to hit me for about 4k damage, cloak and dagger for another 4 k and then hit me for 7 k with backstab all in about 2 seconds. i had about 5k hp left which he easily finished off while i had no abilities left due to cooldown. I dont see where skill is involved in being able to do that kinda damage in 2 seconds

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

If you consider exploits/glitches, Id say Ele for sure.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Cries.1263

Cries.1263

I had a skirmish with about 7 enemy players, had 4 guys running with me. we downed some of them but the had thieves and revived them in stealth. When i had alot of abilities on cooldown i was jumped by a thief that used steal to hit me for about 4k damage, cloak and dagger for another 4 k and then hit me for 7 k with backstab all in about 2 seconds. i had about 5k hp left which he easily finished off while i had no abilities left due to cooldown. I dont see where skill is involved in being able to do that kinda damage in 2 seconds

Proper thiefery requires timing, that is less you want to be caught sans initiative & utility. You cant just go spamming skills in the hopes of killing an enemy. Skill chaining/timing is essential. Ive had to use more positioning & patience with my thief in order to do that kinda dmg than it takes with my necro or any other class Ive played.

Chars: Shi No Sakebi / Hisui Usagi
Server: Maguuma…it’s…interesting…

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The “OP” thief builds rely on weak players to be op. Not really sure if thats the thieves fault… That said, they are pretty strong in small skirmishes.

Determining which is the most powerfull class is tricky. Personally I call it a draw between Mesmer and Guardian. A Mesmer can outbunker a Guardian and the Guardian can halt an entire zerg.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Play a Thief… i mean they like, stealth and stuff, and move really fast and and theres lots of threads on the forums to nurf them so they have to be op.

True story.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

the Guardian can halt an entire zerg.

I’ve never seen a zerg stupid enough to not have one single person that gives stability buffs… but hey.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

Guardian, mesmer, ele, necro. No specific order, but in WvW those are power classes in and of themselves. Glass thief can be strong but honestly any of those classes, given good reaction time, shouldn’t have much trouble w/ glass. All those listed classes also offer a lot to a zergball so….. Yeah.

Honestly though Jeknar was on point. Anything played well within the confines of their role is a serious kitten to deal with.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Mesmers and Engineers… Aka confusion is overpowered. Nerf it!

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

the Guardian can halt an entire zerg.

I’ve never seen a zerg stupid enough to not have one single person that gives stability buffs… but hey.

I’ve seen… And they live at Sorrow’s Furnace…

Infraction inc!

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

D/D ele is useless in www.

Glamour mesmers/condition necros
Then maybe guardians.

Are the OP classes.

Those are the only professions that matters in zerg wars.
Not for sure a profession locked on short range…..

Unless you are on tier 8 where www becomes PvP, but then you could start thinking about food buffs and different skills with pvp…..and a healing class is not an issue for sure when half professions can onehot/permastun/or stack tons of confusions on opponents

@straegen…
Tell me again how strong a staff ele is in skirmishing and how strong a D/D ele is in zergs/siege…. (and NO you can t swap mostly because you should retrait and reequip completely….).
Just how many D/D ele do you see in www? -.-

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Mesmers and theives make it easy, if you master them they can be unkillable.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

LordByron.8369

straegen

equip a staff/scepter when needed and still be highly effective. Swirling winds, MS, etc all work really well

I don t think a thief should tell ele since day one how their class works…and i perfectly know why you are complaining….

You proved you don t know anything about ele….feel free to browse the board about eles WWW You’ll see that aside from trolling in JP (thing that thieves do better) they should run staff in GLASS CANNON mostly.

And due to aoe cap they end up just tagging opponents and using 2 long cooldown CC.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Nothing is OP. Its simple. Every class has advantages and disadvantages.
A: advantage, D- disadvantage. heres some examples:
Thief: A- DPS, speed, stealth. D- low health, low damage reduction.
Mesmer: A- clones, stealth, defense. D- low speed, and big cooldowns.
Elementallist: A- speed, additional healing, invulnerability. D- low health, low condition removal, no weapon swap.
Guardian: A- Super high armor, Super high healing. D- low speed, low health base.
Necromancer: A- high health, life steal, lots of conditions. D- not much burst, not much stun breaks.
Warrior: A- high DPS, high health, high speed. D- not much break stuns, or condition removal, or healing.
Engineer: A- high toughness, high conditions, turrets. A- no weapon swap, low burst.

I may not be right, I don’t have much experience of necros or engineers, but most of this is right. Everyone is OP and crap at the same time :P

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Shimdroid.2765

Shimdroid.2765

Elementallist: …. low condition removal,…..

I disagree with you, sir.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

Nothing is OP. Its simple. Every class has advantages and disadvantages.
A: advantage, D- disadvantage. heres some examples:
Thief: A- DPS, speed, stealth. D- low health, low damage reduction.
Mesmer: A- clones, stealth, defense. D- low speed, and big cooldowns.
Elementallist: A- speed, additional healing, invulnerability. D- low health, low condition removal, no weapon swap.
Guardian: A- Super high armor, Super high healing. D- low speed, low health base.
Necromancer: A- high health, life steal, lots of conditions. D- not much burst, not much stun breaks.
Warrior: A- high DPS, high health, high speed. D- not much break stuns, or condition removal, or healing.
Engineer: A- high toughness, high conditions, turrets. A- no weapon swap, low burst.

I may not be right, I don’t have much experience of necros or engineers, but most of this is right. Everyone is OP and crap at the same time :P

It´s funny that you forgot the ranger though…

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Thief/mesmer, or rather the stealth ability.

I can’t remember how many times the whole army is held by a single stealth invader, and the commander had to tell us to leave the thief/mesmer alone and move on. All you see is a bunch of people hitting the air and the stealth invader just appears/disappears and suddendly you see one of your guys dead. Then more guys died trying to rez the downed. All because of 1 invader. Tell me that is not OP :P.

You can say it’s your good skill timing the stealth. I don’t usually see other class doing 1 vs X and still get away safe when the fight is starting to take long and more of your people come. With stealth, you can stay there the whole time regardless how many people are around. So any class exploiting stealth is OP in this game.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

So any class exploiting stealth is OP in this game.

Meh, stealth gives the player a false feeling of security.. When I see a thief popping shadow refuge, all I need to do is switch to Longbow and barrage the spot.. OR he will have to come out, OR he will remain in and take some hard dmg.. If he decides to come out, switch to SB (if possible already) or hit LB#4 to push him back from you (so he’ll need to heartseek his way back to you).

Same goes for the rezzing: When you wanna try to res a player downed by a thief, put some AoE at the spot of the downed player and start rezzing.. The thief/mesmer won’t be that stupid to head in and take insanely dmg just to stomp one down..

However, I do agree that there should be a counter to stealth, one way or another.. A pet ability, an elite of some sorts, … For instance: A Charr, quite a beastly animal, can’t it just sniff where the stinking stealthy thief is anytime?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

You said it yourself, you had your abilities on cooldown.

If a thief had no intiative left and his utilities on cooldown he would be met with a fast defeat.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

You said it yourself, you had your abilities on cooldown.

If a thief had no intiative left and his utilities on cooldown he would be met with a fast defeat.

Thank god only HS spammers run out of Ini.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I can’t remember how many times the whole army is held by a single stealth invader, and the commander had to tell us to leave the thief/mesmer alone and move on. All you see is a bunch of people hitting the air and the stealth invader just appears/disappears and suddendly you see one of your guys dead. Then more guys died trying to rez the downed. All because of 1 invader. Tell me that is not OP :P.

It’s fairly easy to surf in a noob zerg, and even down some of them via spamming c&d. However, if even 1 non-zombie spots you, it becomes a lot more difficult and generally you just have to leave the zerg.

Tell me that is not OP :P.

So it is OP because your noob zerg got trolled? Gotta love you guys who think that whenever you have more numbers, you should automatically be invulnerable against anything.

thief/mesmer

The fact that you can’t tell which one it was, tells it all.

logging in my c&d troll build

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

LordByron.8369

Elementallist: …. low condition removal,…..

I disagree with you, sir.

he probably meant almost no stability….that in www makes the difference.

GW2 balance:

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

What?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

OK. That’s not OP. That’s lack of discipline.

…and the commander had to tell us to leave the thief/mesmer alone and move on…

It’s this kind of zergling that gets killed, draws others to him, gets them killed by a thief then starts the “QQ nerf stealth” thread. Don’t blame the thief nor his abilities because you lack the discipline to stay with the group. FYI, I have used the hate of the thief to pull ppl out of zerg balls into ambushes set around corners. It’s always too funny and too predictable.

My advice. You run with a group/zerg stay with them, achieve the objective or suffer the consequences of going solo/deviating from the plan.

…and suddendly you see one of your guys dead…

(edited by Bern.9613)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: ValkoorSC.9178

ValkoorSC.9178

I saw 2 guardians stall a zerg for a full minute and 34 seconds. ( I timed it ). And they werent running either 0.0 They also managed to kill 5 or 6 of their guys.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Eles and Mesmers are off the hook. I’ve never seen such blatantly overpowered classes in any MMO last this long without having their legs cut off at the knees.

While I don’t consider thieves to be overpowered, chain stealth and the way it works right now is pretty kitten I acknowledge that without some way to get back in stealth the thief class would be pretty crap. But the way things work now is excessive.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Guardian, mesmer, ele, necro. No specific order, but in WvW those are power classes in and of themselves. Glass thief can be strong but honestly any of those classes, given good reaction time, shouldn’t have much trouble w/ glass. All those listed classes also offer a lot to a zergball so….. Yeah.

Honestly though Jeknar was on point. Anything played well within the confines of their role is a serious kitten to deal with.

I’m usually on Support/DPS Guardian (Staff/Hammer), and it’s great in a group but getting caught on your own can be annoying. Trying to down a competent player with Guardian support build DPS takes kind of a long time. Then again, I’m not the best WvW player – pretty average actually.

On the up side, Thieves (even good ones) have trouble with Guardians. Retalitaion or Aegis and they just bounce off, and after that they’re on cooldown. Getting away is not that hard.

My favorite classes in WvW are Mesmer and Ele, and I’ve also seen some great Necros.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Every class except the one that I play.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I agree with everyone saying that no class is particularly OP. Coordinated groups of heartseeker + shadow refuge thieves are evil though.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Depends on what you mean by OP.

When 2 zergs clash and I’m on my Warrior I can just rush and break their line, down a couple people and return to the safety of my zerg alive. I call that being super OP. However when I encounter a single ranger, mesmer, thief or Ele I run cowardly away from them screaming like a little girl because I’m not traited for 1v1 fights. I’m traited to take a ton of damage, hit a lot and hide inside a zerg.

With my thief and Ele I can facerool anyone 1v1 or 2v1 when I’m roaming, but I wouldn’t even think of breaking a zerg line as I do with my warrior. As powerful as Dagger storm and tornado are, you still take a TON of damage.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

(edited by MrKnieves.4162)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Saying nothing is imbalanced in a PvP mode that isn’t even considered when balance changes happen is pretty silly.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I can see only one thing that needs looked at: vapour form. Elementalists never die in WvW, unless their whole zerg dies, because everytime they get downed they instantly become invulnerable and fly back into their zerg, where they get revived by 5+ people. Only real way to kill them is to make a big push into enemy zerg, whereas every other class can be killed easily if they are in the frontlines.

I’m not saying ele is overpowered (which it actually is, there, I said it now) but vapour form is ridiculous in WvW.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Lmfao @turrets being an advantage…they are almost completely useless for engineers

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

I can see only one thing that needs looked at: vapour form. Elementalists never die in WvW, unless their whole zerg dies, because everytime they get downed they instantly become invulnerable and fly back into their zerg, where they get revived by 5+ people. Only real way to kill them is to make a big push into enemy zerg, whereas every other class can be killed easily if they are in the frontlines.

I’m not saying ele is overpowered (which it actually is, there, I said it now) but vapour form is ridiculous in WvW.

You can still cripple and paralyze them. Just because YOU can’t kill it means it needs to be looked at.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Regnarus.5168

Regnarus.5168

The ideal group WvWvW (30 people)

x2 Necromancer (Spectral Wall its good)
x2 Thief (spaming Blaster)
x4 Elementalist (Water Field)
x4 Mesmer (Time Warp, Veil)
x18 Guardian …

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Every class except the one that I play.

Lol’d.

+1

That other Psy guy

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Someone mentioned Necro! Necros are at the bottom of the list with engies. Even below rangers.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I don’t see any love for rangers there…

Someone mentioned Necro! Necros are at the bottom of the list with engies. Even below rangers.

Condition spammers aren’t on the bottom of the list…

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I don’t see any love for rangers there…

Condition spammers aren’t on the bottom of the list…

Yeah, my heart always sinks when I see a bunch of green wells appearing from the enemy group. Incoming condition spam always a bad sign, even if you have a lot of condition removal sometimes it’s not enough.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Necros have 3 skills that can rip boons off people, two of which are aoe, how is that not helpful??

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Also always laugh at the people who say engis and necros are terrible…they are obviously people who have never played with them or tried and were bad with them so think they are terrible classes…while some of the most experienced and skilled people ive seen are engis and necros(I’m an engi myself) and mesmers as some others I’ve seen very skilled

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Mesmers and Ele’s are obviously the strongest class. They’re usually at the reigning champs of the duels that are done in WvW at the south camps.

Hopefully confusion damaged is balanced like it is in PvP. Hopefully….

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

There r not op classes in wvw. There may be op solo builds but that really doesn’t help the wvw effort much.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

What?

i agree… What??.. explain

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Monkeypooh.7859

Monkeypooh.7859

atm seeing lots of thieves grouped up and running around …now solo fight with a thief is fun it ends in death but most with a stealth and a run away but now the groups of thieves are slowly killing small scale wvw….back to daoc and emain gate and stealth wars …tis sad but ture ….one set of steal/backstab/c&d evaded but what about the other 2 lots incoming……rinse and repeat and so one …go go wvthief