Open nicknames at the WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Hi there!
Please, remove this pointless “Invader” nameplates and make it possible to show the real nicknames of all enemies at the WvW
This will be MUCH more enjoyable if you know who is your enemy and if you know that your enemy knows you.
And it will be easy to implement, I’m sure

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Then Blame and Whine Wars starts.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

hence the ./ignore option.
i would love to tell my frienemy they did a good job killing me..

Never had a bad experience with /invite my frienemies usually we end up grouping up to kill the 3rd party while trying not to hit eachother.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I believe there’s multiple reasons behind placeholder nametags. Firstly it’s easier on the eye this way in large zerg fights. It could have a server side reason(?). It prevents or makes it harder to spy, troll and grief and lastly you can display your ranks in WvW which is cool.
I would also like to see nametags but it won’t be implemented and I don’t really mind.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

Its also possible talk to the enemies now, but the actuall way is more dífficult, which prefents the must flamers.
I personally would enjoy it really, coz I like to speak and smacktalk to my enemies in a friendly way, but globaly – rly don´t know, possibly more or less a bad move

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

They can add ranks after the nick, for example: *SilverWF (Piken Square Assassin)*

" Firstly it’s easier on the eye this way in large zerg fights"
In large zerg first you will see is red color of the name, then color of armor

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

i would love to see a map wide kill message like in daoc + name tags. everytime i have invited an enemy ( dont matter if i lost or won ) we had a nice and polite conversation.

+1

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

also considering not everyone is running max settings having a different nametag is a great idea..
Red nametags on red armor with a red target dot.. doesn’t really work well..

“Target that Coarr guy, he is too privileged using his roots”
and actually being able to pick you out of the bunch.
“SilverWF stomped me 5 times now.. someone please hunt this player down?”
might get people some wel deserved notoriety.

In opposite of:
“Ooow that one mesmer in northcamp monday at 13:00 GMT (+1) AG borderland who killed 4 people. gg”

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in WvW

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

There is so much trash talk in gaming and life, one less place that happens in the better.

(edited by Zesbeer.8365)

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

"also considering not everyone is running max settings having a different nametag is a great idea.."
Placing real names instead of placeholders will not lower your FPS, I think, it’s obvious

"and actually being able to pick you out of the bunch"
This is already exists: All target this big norn in the t2 cultural armor - he is their zerg ruler!

"SilverWF stomped me 5 times now.. someone please hunt this player down?"
YES! Exactly! Enemy must know our heroes! And we must know their heroes, to make a legends about them.

Knowing your enemy - the main part of the PVP! Not using skills, or your movement in battle. Every PVP (even in zerg) - teh little duel, every time it’s duel and nothing else.
Nobody will talking about "daym, I was killed 5 times by red charr!".
PVP must be personal to be more interesting and funnier.

without real names all enemies - just another kind of mobs. Look at the sPVP - why they using real names there? Coz it’s PVP, coz everone must know everyone.
And why they made placeholders at the WvW? We all fighting against mobs? Also we all understand we are mobs for our enemies? We all - just a faceless zerging mobs? There is no real feelings of the true PvP!

--------------------------------
also they can add an kill counter (like in the BF4) with the every enemy. You will see it at the death screen.
It will bring new emotions to the WvW too.

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: ItsAdamParker.5192

ItsAdamParker.5192

How exactly do you go about inviting an enemy to your party? Enemies have invited me but I never knew how they did it.

Adam Parker
FA – On Wednesdays We Wear [PINK]
Xysynra (Ele), Syranyx (Necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Actually, it would be cool if the name of the one who killed you appeared in the combat log, and nowhere else.
That way, you can still sort of, keep track of who you want dead/give kudos to.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

How exactly do you go about inviting an enemy to your party? Enemies have invited me but I never knew how they did it.

• select the enemy that you intend to speak with as your target
  • if you are already in a party (or alone), and the enemy is alone: enter /invite into the chat window.
  • if you are alone and your enemie is already in a party, try entering /join into the chat window.

Ofc you won’t be able to invite an enemie into a full party, just as you can’t send him a request to join his party if it is already full.

Since there isn’t any way for you to know wether your target already is in a party or not, just try both variants and see which one works.

in WvW

Posted by: ItsAdamParker.5192

ItsAdamParker.5192

Cool thanks!

Adam Parker
FA – On Wednesdays We Wear [PINK]
Xysynra (Ele), Syranyx (Necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

I would like to see full names in the combat log as well. That doesn’t distract but allows for you to establish if you are prey to a specific enemy. We fight organized guilds and we learn to recognize roamers if they have a unique look to them. The Norn with the huge mustache, the Asura with the blue afro, the guardian in all gold armor the necro in all white with a pink hair do. Why should we be limited to description and guild tag? I knew the commanders of my enemy server before the matchup threads were eliminated and enjoyed knowing when they were a target.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

It would be nice to have an “Anonymous” option, as in you default show your toon name to the enemy, but clicking Anonymous just shows your rank.

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I don’t think it’s a good idea, honestly. There is really nothing to be gained with it. It’d just invite a lot of kittentalking and toxic behavior to an already angry playerbase.

I’m one of the worst instigators on Maguuma and I’m saying that!

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

It would be nice to have an “Anonymous” option, as in you default show your toon name to the enemy, but clicking Anonymous just shows your rank.

Are you afraid that everyone will see you are bad? Are you afraid that your name will be in the some1’s movie?
Do not afraid – there is alot of bad players.
Also, just learn to play and afraid nothing! ^^

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Very bad idea, it would encourage all kinds of play and griefing that you do not want in a game like this.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

All-chat exists in sPvP, and GW2 already has built-in blocking/reporting functions if you don’t like what other people have to say. Plus, you can configure your chat window to include/exclude any type of /chat.

There’s no valid reason to keep everyone anonymous or silent to each other in WvW.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Only 1st game I’ve seen with PVP-anonymity is GW2. And PVP fun here is much more lower than in the games without anonymity.
Because I didn’t know my enemies and they are didn’t know me - we all are just mobs to each other.

And, why you are didnt afraid that someone will trolling you after sPVP loose? Or, after your noobness in the PVE? God, I’ve seen so many noobs in the PVE - MUCH more than in the WvW!

So there is no real reasons against showing real nicknames in the WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

i prefer WvW as is now.

god the amount of ppl that trashtalk more than they play in PvP is a clear indication that this will be a nightmare in WvW.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Nobody reading chat. If you are reading chat - you are not busy atm and slaking, so get out from WvW!

------------------------------------
Dear ANet this must be done, especially since you are planning to make map really for all! We are didn’t want to be just mobs, we are didn’t want to fight against mobs!
WvW - our part of GW2, this part - for PVP-players, make our part better, please!
------------------------------------

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Are you afraid that everyone will see you are bad? Are you afraid that your name will be in the some1’s movie?
Do not afraid – there is alot of bad players.
Also, just learn to play and afraid nothing! ^^

the anonymous option is just good to have in case you are getting trolled or people keep whispering you etc.

i would have my name show but some wouldn’t want to.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I want an option to show your name. Or buyable with badges.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

As it was said before - /ignore option works well. There is not so many trolls in the game.
Also, this is the game: sometime you’ve got pwnd but after few days you will make revenge and you can trolling your murderer too. This is PVP.

We are didn’t want to be faceless zerging mobs! We are individuals!

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

Personally i like there are no names on enemies. It gives the WvV more of a war – like feeling. You know your side, the other is just an enemy soldier. You might know his rank from the uniform/insignia, but you should not expect him to carry a nametag large enough for every opponent to see.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

within one hour of them turning on names in WvW, the forums will have over a hundred name&shame threads about cheating, griefing, trolling and “look how easily I killed player X” videos.

no thank you.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

It’s not an issue of implementation. It’s a design decision and one I agree with. People can opt into inter-server communication through forums or startin parties. If someone on the other hand wants to troll you it’s very hard for them to do.

That’s how it should be.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Please make it possible to see enemies names at the WvW!

within one hour of them turning on names in WvW, the forums will have over a hundred name&shame threads about cheating, griefing, trolling and “look how easily I killed player X” videos.

open your eyes – there is a lot of such threads already

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

It gives the WvV more of a war – like feeling.

Not, this gives me feeling of “just another PVE-event” (sometimes Orrian PVE-events much harder than WvW vs some servers or guilds)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Hi there!
Please, remove this pointless “Invader” nameplates and make it possible to show the real nicknames of all enemies at the WvW
This will be MUCH more enjoyable if you know who is your enemy and if you know that your enemy knows you.
And it will be easy to implement, I’m sure

no no and no again. i dont wanna have to deal with more people whispering me insults after i defeated them. seriously no! its already bad enough in spvp that there is constant whine and raging, i dont wanna deal with that in wvw.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I dont get these devs, you can still invite enemies to your party and talk to them, yet someone said the reason we could not right click and invite allies from chat was becasue of this, anet doesnt want that.

I dont know about you but I actually would like to talk to enemy players some times. It’s GW a community no matter which server you are on, yet here we have anet creating yet more divisions to it!

And if you ask me that is why they removed the WvW Matchup forums, it required too much moderating. Now imagine if people could troll on Map chat instead, a lot less moderating, a lot less spam and complaining about hackers, exploiters and zergs; we can insult the enemy immediately and the can then laugh back.

I think anet have gone way too into creating divisions that they are creating to much work for themselves when it would be easier if they made things simple and universal.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

"It’s GW a community no matter which server you are on, yet here we have anet creating yet more divisions to it!"
Yes, you are right! We all are people, humans, persons, but not faceless mobs!
Why I didn’t have an option to say "Thanks" for good fight or to not kill me in my bad position? To discuss some build variants or so?
Why you all see only bad things here? Trashtalking will be from bad ppl, but that ppl already bad, no matter of showing enemy names.
But good ppl will have an option to communicate better.

Anyway, anyone have their ignore option, chat filtering option too!

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

"seriously i dont need that kindergarten"
Ignore or trolling them - u decide
And if you wanna be faceless mob - OK.
But I didn’t!

in WvW

Posted by: nikitnq.7143

nikitnq.7143

Thanks but no thanks. I like WvW as it is so I don’t have to deal with annoying people that can’t behave like adults. No really even the x% (where x is any positive integer plucked from the sky trying to illustrate a usually biased point) chance is enough. Dealing with attitude in real life is one thing, leaving that out of the game is a good call in my books.

Faceless mob beats dealing with whiny adults acting like toddlers being denied their toy, any day of the Gregorian calendar. ‘Sides, what’s stopping people from just doing party invites anyway?

However, I would not mind this feature only if it is optional. As in, each player choose to reveal their names or not. A check-box or something to opt in. I would definitely leave it as it is now.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

So, we are still needs in open nicknames at the WvW

Also, coz so many girls here, ANet must disallow whispering between servers or make it optional.
Something in options: Receive whispers from my server players only.

Now you are agree?

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

On high graphics, how much detail do enemy players see of your armor and weapons? Can they identify you easily if you’re wearing something that stands out, or does everyone appear to be wearing the generic faction tinted armor no matter what the settings?

I kinda like the idea of not being identifiable myself, so that I’m less likely to get picked out as a known noob and insta-zerked at the start of every fight. My noob rank probably makes that a bit likely in itself, but at least I’m no more inviting than any other “Recruit” on the field.

(edited by Heezdedjim.8902)

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

If you afraid of death or "glory" - why you even trying PvP?

in WvW

Posted by: Blue.9510

Blue.9510

SilverWF – you do realize that your responses are exactly the type of talk and attitude a lot of people like to avoid right? Belittling people because they don’t agree with you is pointless enough on a forum, let alone what you would respond like in WvW when you win or lose a fight. No thanks.

Personally, I think some people would be able to handle it well and enjoy it, but mostly it would turn into a way to name and shame and/or forms of internet “bullying.”

in WvW

selan.8354

SilverWF – you do realize that your responses are exactly the type of talk and attitude a lot of people like to avoid right? Belittling people because they don’t agree with you is pointless enough on a forum, let alone what you would respond like in WvW when you win or lose a fight. No thanks.

Personally, I think some people would be able to handle it well and enjoy it, but mostly it would turn into a way to name and shame and/or forms of internet “bullying.”

exactly. in spvp the people are pretty nasty already. u kill a player and u get soooo much trashtalk from them. when i started spvping more regularly my block list went up at least 50 people in 3 months. if u kill someone they vent if u die they troll and bully. in wvw this would be 10 times worse beliave me.
there is already server hate out there….

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Seriously, it is not hard to provide an option to display your actual name. You still wouldn’t be able to see their say or map chat. If you get troll’y whispers you can just block someone. And if you don’t want to deal with possible annoyance, don’t enable the feature. But many people would enjoy getting to know their enemy on a more personal level, especially when many servers repeatedly fight each other for weeks on end.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

u kill a player and u get soooo much trashtalk from them.

Let be honest: PvP is all about but’hurt (BH). Since there is no real penalty after death, BH stay the only reason to kill/not to die/be better.
Every PvP duel or massive battle is all about "who will have BH after it". And if at sPvP it’s OK, so WvW without knowing name of your enemy is just nearly pointless - mindless circle runs of the faceless mobs zergs...
I want to make WvW more personal - it’ll bring new life to the WvW. I’m sure.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

I’m afraid of ppl

Hey, mate, if you afraid of ppl reaction – why you even trying MMO? You know, everyone able to insult you even without WvW-reason. What you will ask then – hid nicknames at sPvP and PvE?

My opinion: afraid of insulting – do not play MMO.

in WvW

selan.8354

I’m afraid of ppl

Hey, mate, if you afraid of ppl reaction – why you even trying MMO? You know, everyone able to insult you even without WvW-reason. What you will ask then – hid nicknames at sPvP and PvE?

My opinion: afraid of insulting – do not play MMO.

its not about being afraid. its about wanting to have fun. and i like wvw and pvp. for me playing an mmo is about fun and gamplay with other people. i like making friends and being on ts with my guildies.
but i really cant stand people whispering me nasty things. its annoying and the whining is even worse. people that swapped servers and are now on the enemy team sometime write nasty things cause they know my name and just wanna troll.
in wvw something like this happens quiet often: if a person knows your name and then they steamroll for example your 10 people with 40+, then they feel the urge to troll after. so i would get whispers like u suck! u are such losers. and because im a girl ill get even nastier stuff.
so yeah u block them, but if everyone knows your name, then my blocking list would go up 100 people for sure,cause thats all u will hear.

wvw is very competitive and thats why people get really annoying with insults. spvp is very small compared to wvw and there u will face different people every day. in wvw u often end up with the same 2 servers, so yeah if 1 server hates another server then those 2 will troll and insult eachother even more.

of course there are great people out there. i had a bunch of duels and invited them to my party to talk about builds after, but this was my decision at that point and this is how i like it.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

"in wvw something like this happens quiet often: if a person knows your name and then they steamroll for example your 10 people with 40+, then they feel the urge to troll after. so i would get whispers like u suck! u are such losers. and because im a girl ill get even nastier stuff."
So, do not allow them to steamroll you.
And yes - this is all about BH - the main motivator of the PvP
Afraid to feel BH - don’t go to PvP

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

This also:

ANet must disallow whispering between servers or make it optional.
Something in options: Receive whispers from my server players only.

Now you are agree?

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I say leave it the way it is. I don’t really care either way… but SilverWF will be more “BH” this way.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

So, noone against opened nicknames at the WvW if ANet will able to prevent whispering between servers.
OK, please, do it! :-D

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

There are pros and cons of allowing free communication between combatants. I really enjoyed the banter in GW1…I practically lived in Fort Aspenwood…I encountered a lot of kittens…but I also found some good friends.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger