Opinions of a casual WvW for the past 3 years

Opinions of a casual WvW for the past 3 years

in WvW

Posted by: Gannicus.4132

Gannicus.4132

I have played WvW almost exclusively since launch. I have no idea what goes on in the living stories nor have I completed any of them. 90% if not all of my time is spent in WvW in game. What I loved about the old maps were the way the towers were built. I could find sneaky places to hide as a mesmer or build arrow carts on the second level of garrison or even some of the towers (NW tower). They were compact enough for a small group or even lone ranger like myself to defend. I enjoyed tormenting groups or even zergs to see how long it would take them to break the walls or gates.

With the new towers/keeps, all that fun seems to been have removed. Sure, we have more verticality. Yet, it all seems very one dimensional. The sense of taunting and tormenting my enemies seems to have all been removed when it comes to defending towers. I’ve spent some time exploring the maps and I do not get the same sense of wonder as I did when I discovered a new place to hide my mesmer for portals when the BL maps were launched initially. This feels like EoTM on steroids, which is ironic given that many of the dedicated WvW players disliked EoTM.

I would like to state that these are my very initial impressions of the new WvW. I have yet to face proper contest in the BLs as I only play during the SEA hours.

Sir Chopsalot/ Feanor Nerwen| Confirm Guarantee Plus Chop [SG] | Stormbluff Isle