Opposite effect.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Seems the heavier linking on T4 is having the opposite desired effect. I think the hope was to get people transferring to those lower tier servers. The issue is that being in T4 isn’t very fun. I’m on Borlis Pass, so I’m paired with CD, ET and Kaineng. They seem like a nice bunch of people, but we are utterly destroying T4.

The glicko wall has us stuck in T4 with no hope of rolling a T3 match for weeks. Many have said it before including myself, but the glicko needs reset.. I want to see how the CD grouping does against T2 and T3 servers and am considering transferring up just to get more of a challenge..

Cmon, don’t forsake the bottom tiers like you used to, ANET. Give us a chance to have some diversity in our fights by making our matches with other severs.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

How is the roaming in T4?

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If you’re in the quadserver, fine. If you’re in the other servers, you’re likely to be mowed down by a zerg at every corner.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Not bad really depending on what you like. Very easy to get outnumbered fights and action.

Catch is the roamer quality seems really low compared to the sos/sbi/mag match up. The blobs are just bad too. Like facepalm cant believe this have to laugh bad. Almost eotm level.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

I roamed for an hour last night, got one fight where it was 2v5 (me and a friend being the 2) and we won with ease.. In one hour, got one fight. We’re on Borlis Pass which is paired with CD. Its really honestly kind of boring, no challenge. Really considering transferring back up to a T3 server to get fights again.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Not bad really depending on what you like. Very easy to get outnumbered fights and action.

Catch is the roamer quality seems really low compared to the sos/sbi/mag match up. The blobs are just bad too. Like facepalm cant believe this have to laugh bad. Almost eotm level.

Yeah T4 really feels a lot like early 2014. The pugs don’t know what they’re doing, the organization is non-existent, the “roamers” are just scouts or people trying to get back to their zerg that don’t know how to fight and are in improper builds.

At first, it was a welcomed sight – pretty much free and easy bags. Now it just seems boring and feels bad to beat up on people who don’t know what they’re doing. I’d rather be back up in T3 where people actually want to fight you and are prepared to do so lol.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Eh… I’m getting a mix of quality roamers and streams of loot bag delivery. Tbh, I’m finding a greater willingness to fight from players of all skill levels than I did in my last matchup, where wall hugging and siege humping was the order of the day.

I’m actually enjoying this matchup… feels like I’m playing a healthy mix of Mortal Kombat and a zombie shooter.

I’m on the DH/EB side this round, and was on the HoD/EB side last link.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Now that I’ve gotten my Gift of Battle I’ve decided it is a good time to take a break from WvW and work on the other parts of the legendary. Being on GoM in T4, it’s been some fun but a lot of frustration. I think having 3 servers kinda killed the organization in TS as I have seen almost no shout outs by tags to get people on TS. It’s like a two month pairing isn’t long enough to bother with investing some time coordinating on comms, and perhaps going up against the quadserver most don’t think it is worth the effort having the odds against them. So guild groups on the quad server have the advantage over any larger pug groups because of this.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I roamed for an hour last night, got one fight where it was 2v5 (me and a friend being the 2) and we won with ease.. In one hour, got one fight. We’re on Borlis Pass which is paired with CD. Its really honestly kind of boring, no challenge. Really considering transferring back up to a T3 server to get fights again.

Why don’t you just come to FA already XT

T2 and T3 are ok, I’m liking T2 roaming. YB actually has a few decent roamers that I’ve encountered. T3 is kinda meh cause it’s just boring escape builds with Mag. Guess I’ll stay put.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Many have said it before including myself, but the glicko needs reset..

THIS

I just wonder why it’s not already done.

Maybe if we all copy paste it until a dev read it…

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Silly WvWers thinking Anet Listens to your tears!!! They collect them and make PvE items only attainable in sPvP.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Definitely need the Glicko to be reset. I imagine that is what they are attempting to do with the “volatility” aspect right now but it would be much easier to blow it up. Like a doll. You know the kind. Crazy eyes.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

T2 and T3 are ok, I’m liking T2 roaming. YB actually has a few decent roamers that I’ve encountered. T3 is kinda meh cause it’s just boring escape builds with Mag. Guess I’ll stay put.

Pretty sure XT will be back on FA within the next few days if it opens up honestly. I can’t do this T4 stuff much longer lol..

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

being on gom i didnt mind being steamrolled once. but being steamrolled twice by the exact same servers the exact same way makes me want to play less WvW. and by past behaviors of the dismally bad matchups. we’ll most likely be paired up again.

its been one of many constant running problems since world linking happen. no diverse matchups and it would just be the same 3 servers vs’ing each other for weeks on end

the glicko stopped working as intended for the lower servers for long while now

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

I mean, the implication is that any other server(-alliance) in the game would be steamrolling even harder. If stale matchups are a bigger problem than steamrolling, then why not go full Swiss system?

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

being on gom i didnt mind being steamrolled once. but being steamrolled twice by the exact same servers the exact same way makes me want to play less WvW. and by past behaviors of the dismally bad matchups. we’ll most likely be paired up again.

its been one of many constant running problems since world linking happen. no diverse matchups and it would just be the same 3 servers vs’ing each other for weeks on end

the glicko stopped working as intended for the lower servers for long while now

Yep, Glicko has never worked as far as allowing servers to move up or down quickly. Even when it was obvious that they needed to. And for some reason Anet doesn’t acknowledge this issue.

One time they did some artificial Glicko manipulation but that was only after months and months of a particular problem. They need to be more proactive in adjusting Glicko if it needs it. And in this case everyone can see clearly that it needs it.

I would like to fight the 4-headed hydra. But unfortunately another issue with the server and tier structure is that two servers close to each other may never fight due to needing 3 servers in a match. For example, SoSNSP/SBIHoD/4-headed hydra would be a good match probably. But it’ll never happen.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Heh the 4 headed hydra, it works!

It’s temporary though, and since people havent realized yet that none of those servers, not even CD could stand on their own in a normal 2 pair T4 matchup, glicko rest would be a fruitless endeavor. Also, since DH, Ebay, SF and FC have already done 2-1/2 months, and are facing another 1-1/2 months in T4, we should be the ones being shown alittle love next pairing.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

(edited by HazyDaisy.4107)

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

I wonder if many serious WvW players will end up having 2+ accounts on different tiers just to keep things from getting stale (or else just stop playing the mode). I have an account on FA and BP, and although the quadserver is overpowered, I feel like things are just more fun in tier 4 just because they are so chaotic. T2 (FA) tends to just be blobs, meta and siege everywhere; there are some good fights to be had, but you spend a lot of time looking for them. Jumping between the two tiers, I have so far managed to keep things interesting for myself.

Of course having two accounts is suboptimal in other respects (to say the least), but so is transferring around looking for the greener grass. I wish ANet would let each account play on two worlds, but they don’t exactly have the economic incentive to allow that.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

I wonder if many serious WvW players will end up having 2+ accounts on different tiers just to keep things from getting stale (or else just stop playing the mode). I have an account on FA and BP, and although the quadserver is overpowered, I feel like things are just more fun in tier 4 just because they are so chaotic. T2 (FA) tends to just be blobs, meta and siege everywhere; there are some good fights to be had, but you spend a lot of time looking for them. Jumping between the two tiers, I have so far managed to keep things interesting for myself.

Of course having two accounts is suboptimal in other respects (to say the least), but so is transferring around looking for the greener grass. I wish ANet would let each account play on two worlds, but they don’t exactly have the economic incentive to allow that.

I do personally. Currently both of my accounts are on Borlis Pass, but one is going to move to FA today or tomorrow if it opens up. I may end up throwing my alt account that is on BP to another server but I’ll see what happens.

Several people in my guild have 2 accounts, we used to have XT runs on 2 different servers pretty frequently because most of us had accounts on both of those servers (Blackgate and Borlis Pass at the time.)

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

raises hand I have three. Only one of which is T1.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Mushin.3928

Yeah, most of the people I play with regularly seem to have more than one account. I actually have a third account on DR which I don’t even log in to. Wish it didn’t have to be this way though, multiple worlds per account doesn’t seem horrible to me (especially if they can be transferred independently).

Eventually Expac2 will come out and probably introduce some more power creep, so I’ll have to decided which of my accounts to upgrade and when. Sigh.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

CD was a good server to be paired with. Still sending them a hardy tip of the hat from previous link ups. Fun peeps there, cheers.

I thought after the pairings they did allow more volatility in the glicko swings. Was that just for the first time the pairing occurred?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Mushin.3928

They only reset deviation and volatility, not rating. CD’s initial rating is apparently too low for it to break into tier 3 before the next relink, even if it wins repeatedly. Of course ANet could manually bump their rating, but there is no indication that they will do this.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Pretty sure XT will be back on FA within the next few days if it opens up honestly. I can’t do this T4 stuff much longer lol..

Sweet

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

CD gained a little over 100 glicko at the end of last week, which put them at the top of T4, but still about 300 away from the bottom of T3, and the current prediction is that they will only gain 25 glicko if the points trend the same from now until this Friday’s reset. I really don’t see where this “volatility” is coming into play.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

CD gained a little over 100 glicko at the end of last week, which put them at the top of T4, but still about 300 away from the bottom of T3, and the current prediction is that they will only gain 25 glicko if the points trend the same from now until this Friday’s reset. I really don’t see where this “volatility” is coming into play.

They’re losing guilds to other because the match up is already boring for a lot of people, including my own guild is leaving.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

They’re losing guilds to other because the match up is already boring for a lot of people, including my own guild is leaving.

Well, perhaps T4 will end up being more balanced after all. Still, the fact remains that glicko has pretty much doomed all T4 servers to remain locked in that tier, so the matchup in T4 will not change for 2 months. Was the same last pairing, too.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Well, perhaps T4 will end up being more balanced after all. Still, the fact remains that glicko has pretty much doomed all T4 servers to remain locked in that tier, so the matchup in T4 will not change for 2 months. Was the same last pairing, too.

Yep, glicko is about 90% of why I am leaving the server. The other 10% is that there are not any really decent guilds to work with. No offense to CD or the other paired servers, but my guild likes to be organized and we like to at least have someone we can work with in fights if we’re greatly out numbered. We’ve just not seen any of this yet so we’re moving back to where we know we have people that will work with us and we know the fights won’t be as boring.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Many have said it before including myself, but the glicko needs reset..

THIS

I just wonder why it’s not already done.

Maybe if we all copy paste it until a dev read it…

Well, let’s find out…shall we?

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The fantastic four needs to move up asap. This stale matchup is going to make people abandon these servers.
The people in this alliance have a lot to learn about WvW, so we need to face opponents that can provide us a real challenge.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

doesn’t that assume that the fantastic four will continue to be 4 servers linked..I doubt that will happen during the next pairing.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

Each server linkage lasts for eight matches, though. There’s still six more matches to go — six and a half, I suppose you could say.

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Our own fault for not overwhelmingly voting in favor of 1 month re-linking….. I know it got the most votes of all the choices, but wasn’t enough to prevent #anetaveraging…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Opposite effect.

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Yep…I voted for 1 month, too…saw this kitten-train of stale matchups coming a mile away. It would have also prevented a lot of server transfers due to stacking or boredom, and kept server populations more stable for Anet to better link them each round.