Option to enable/disable reward track?

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Since Gift of Battle became a reward track. After I finished any track, It always auto switch to Gift of Battle track. And now I got some junk Gift of Battle already.

Yeah this is also applies to other tracks.

Can we have a small checkbox on each track to enable/disable them from being in rotation please?

Thank you.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

so just delete them?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

so just delete them?

Make sure to record it and throw it on the forum. The sea of saltyness will be enormous.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Once you finish a track, it should not return to rotation until you enable it again. So, after it gets finished once, just leave it in its disabled state.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Once you finish a track, it should not return to rotation until you enable it again. So, after it gets finished once, just leave it in its disabled state.

it does but you may activate a track that you don’t want to do, not even once

for example my tracks always overflow into Citadel of Flame even though i have the entire collection done already so any progress in there is wasted

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Waste eight hours of progression to disable the track?

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

Right, or you might want to repeat a particular track when you are working on that one’s collection. I think I like Jirayu’s idea of it automatically going down the list of stuff that you’ve checked off, since that way you can set up a custom rotation or only have one thing checked to force repeating or have nothing checked at all so that you have to manually select the next track.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I’d much rather a better notification system that you finished a track.
Also does the last track you activated become the new track after you finish one?

Like the mastery system, when you finish the exp on your current mastery track it filters exp into the last one you had selected before it, so no exp is wasted. Seems like the rewards tracks should work the same way.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Also does the last track you activated become the new track after you finish one?

it goes down the list in alphabetical order of eligible tracks

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

it goes down the list in alphabetical order of eligible tracks

Well that sucks :\

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Since Gift of Battle became a reward track. After I finished any track, It always auto switch to Gift of Battle track. And now I got some junk Gift of Battle already.

Yeah this is also applies to other tracks.

Can we have a small checkbox on each track to enable/disable them from being in rotation please?

Thank you.

Yea the autoswitch is irritating.

Sometimes it’s hard to control when you finish a track because you are fighting, and it autoselects this terrible track. I figured, meh, why not do it anyways. I finish it and another track, and then only to have GoB selected again; fortunately I only wasted 1/40 on the 2nd time on this worthless track.

Make GoBs sellable IMO.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Would be great if you could make a play list of the Reward Tracks you want to repeat. Even if it’s a checkbox to tick to repeat the same Reward Track until unchecked.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I thought i was the only one with this. I’m doing the Triumphant track, and want to keep it on repeat, but every time I finish it kicks me back to Arah track and i have to manually go back in and reactivate it.

is there anyway to turn it off?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

This topic still needs addressing.

This is kittening me off. I’ve been slowly and carefully consuming my daily potions to control when my reward track completes. Naturally it autoselects that garbage Gift of Battle track AGAIN. Yes, I switched the track now, but if it keeps doing that I’m just going to be completing it over time by accident anyways and I have to constantly babysit this thing to get what I need.
:S

What am I going to do with these useless things?

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Are all your tracks completed or something? I assume it selects from group of tracks that’s open to select, as in not completed, (in which case why are reopening gift of battle track), and if none are open maybe it goes to gift of battle by default. Maybe reactive a track you wouldn’t mind getting so that it defaults to that after you complete your current track. I always get twilight arbor as my default track it goes back to.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, I’ve completed all available tracks it would seem. I haven’t completed CoE, CoF, and SF because I’ve never done their story modes and have to wait for them to open up.

Anyhow, I’ve reset it to Triumphant Armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Perhaps a better option would be to add a checkbox to all tracks and when you complete a track it starts the checked one next and clears the box?

Personally I tend to notice if I have completed a track, so I can go in and select whichever I want to complete next – ok I do have a small amount of completion on the gift of battle track but I tend to spot when I’m on the wrong one.
At least it isn’t as bad as the bug I had in PvP a few months ago where it would change reward track every time I logged to a different character.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I’d like a “default” selection. That is, start the selected track once the present one finishes. User can manually change of course.

I am guessing many stick to 1 track to finish the collection before moving on to another. This would make that easy.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Lots of folks have asked to be able to set a queue for reward tracks. Maybe Taimi wants to work on each dungeon track in order, one armor skin at a time, while Braham wants to finish a single dungeon enough times to earn all the skins and then work on the PvP hero tracks. Why not allow them each to set that up ahead of time, so they don’t need to micromanage their rewards?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ideally you would be given the option to turn reward tracks off. We all know what ain’t happening though. If it did happen….it would be hypocritical given the number of other things in the game that work the same way and don’t have on/off buttons. So its asking anet to do alot of work, just to make the game more polished and refined……anyone who has played the game for over a month knows that this ain’t happening.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Gonna ask them to turn off dropping off bags from kills to? cause seriously, getting loot off a reward track ain’t no different than getting it dropped from a player or lord.

They just need to let us pick the one default track we would like and leave it at that, no need for queue orders. If you can’t be bothered to check your track every once in a while to switch, or don’t want nothing to do with the track just let your bags fill up and don’t bother to empty them till the end of your run.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Gonna ask them to turn off dropping off bags from kills to? cause seriously, getting loot off a reward track ain’t no different than getting it dropped from a player or lord.

They just need to let us pick the one default track we would like and leave it at that, no need for queue orders. If you can’t be bothered to check your track every once in a while to switch, or don’t want nothing to do with the track just let your bags fill up and don’t bother to empty them till the end of your run.

oh man, you can actually disable bag dropping by just disable auto loot.

and let you pick a default track is no different than what I proposed.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

you realise pvp has been asking for this for months, hasn’t happened yet….