Orb Bonuses

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

It really makes sense to have the team that is already overpowered have even more of an advantage when they control all 3 orbs.

The orb bonus should be changed so that when you are killed by someone with a three orb bonus your character suffers perma death.

That would make more sense.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Or even better…

If your server holds all three orbs everyone on the server turns into a thief with 100% increase of damage to steal, C&D, and backstab.

Ohhh…

and perma stealth.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Rio.1894

Rio.1894

lol, no thanks. I do however agree with you that they are ridiculously overpowered especially on a winning team. Imo the orb bonus should basically give more potential points per tick. They’d still be worth getting that way and wouldn’t make things unbalanced.

Also while you have made this thread I’d also like to touch up on 1 more thing. The outmanned buffs. They really need to be buffed. To get the buff the amount of players in WvW has to be fairly low. I’d suggest a 5%-10% damage buff at the very least to outmanned maps. The only thing the outmanned buff currently does is encourage farming mobs.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Orb bonuses and unmanned bonuses should be switched. Problem fixed

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

This is stupid that people keep suggesting this. Posted in another thread and sums it up so you can stop giving the same idea everyone gives.

You should read other posts before you come and post the same kitten idea that everyone else has. It makes it worse that the idea was proven to be bad by a logical post as well.

Orbs are the POINT of the borderlands. They should not be a PVE buff for players in a PVP zone. By your logic Stonemist should not give the huge advantage that it does to EB. It should just be a enclosed PVE zone with higher drop rates and offer no advantage to the map or players in WvW. /facepalm

NO ONE will care about orbs if they give PVE BUFFS to people in a PVP ZONE

Does that clear it up for you? I find it sad that you people still can’t grasp what the idea behind the orbs is.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

This is stupid that people keep suggesting this. Posted in another thread and sums it up so you can stop giving the same idea everyone gives.

You should read other posts before you come and post the same kitten idea that everyone else has. It makes it worse that the idea was proven to be bad by a logical post as well.

Orbs are the POINT of the borderlands. They should not be a PVE buff for players in a PVP zone. By your logic Stonemist should not give the huge advantage that it does to EB. It should just be a enclosed PVE zone with higher drop rates and offer no advantage to the map or players in WvW. /facepalm

Does that clear it up for you? I find it sad that you people still can’t grasp what the idea behind the orbs is.

The orbs should give points as well as SERVER increased drops. Your server holds the Orbs of power, well then not only do you get more points for owning them, but now the entire server, not just in the mist, gets the bonus of increased drop rate. This should work on players as well. More Honor Tokens dropping from killed players would be fantastic and not unbalance the game. And the capturing server should and guild should be broad casted to the entire game.

Personally, I want WvW to be more like old school HoH where if your server won/owned an area in WvW, you get access to special PvE areas. In GW1, the only way to have access to UW and FoE was if your server won the favor of the gods in HoH PvP. It was awesome!

Maybe PvPers need to actually look at the big picture instead of min-maxing character strength. All the orbs do now is make zergy servers that much harder to kill. Its kitten

(edited by Xpiher.5209)

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

The orbs should give points as well as SERVER increased drops. Your server holds the Orbs of power, well then not only do you get more points for owning them, but now the entire server, not just in the mist, gets the bonus of increased drop rate. This should work on players as well. More Honor Tokens dropping from killed players would be fantastic and not unbalance the game. And the capturing server should and guild should be broad casted to the entire game.

Personally, I want WvW to be more like old school HoH where if your server won/owned an area in WvW, you get access to special PvE areas. In GW1, the only way to have access to UW and FoE was if your server won the favor of the gods in HoH PvP. It was awesome!

Maybe PvPers need to actually look at the big picture instead of min-maxing character strength. All the orbs do now is make zergy servers that much harder to kill. Its kitten

I totally agree with you here. It seems the current system is kind of lacking and kinked at the moment. Some fine tuning is in the wings I hope.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It would make more sense if orbs gave bonuses outside of WvW only.

Owning orbs should be a bonus to your point tick, and winning the WvW battle should give some kind of reward – depending on how much you participated.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Orbs could let keeps hold 10% more seige, give guards special defensive abilities (like AE debuffs and stuns) and maybe even increase the honor badge/seige drop rate.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: bear.3842

bear.3842

What’s even better is that even if you manage to claw your way back you can’t get your orb bonus because of bugged alters.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Afrior Svana.6934

Afrior Svana.6934

Count me in on modification to the Orb Bonus and Outmanned Buff. There should be a statistical combat advantage to Orb possession in order to maintain the ‘capture-the-flag’ dynamic to the tactics and strategy of WvW, but currently its too high in my opinion. Having it cut in half (approximately) would still be enough to have it be worthwhile without it being overwhelming. While the Outmanned Buff should grant a combat advantage as well…and somewhat near to what is granted by three orbs.

I love WvW, but in spite of that, at the current state of the Orb bonuses its either no fun cause your rolling over everything with it, or getting rolled by everything without it. I think it really needs some refinement to encourage interest and participation.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

The effect of of orbs is fine, the numbers just need to be reduced. They are meant to give an advantage but not a huge advantage. Yet if every team manage to control one like they should then orbs would be ok. Problem is pve n00bs not assisting the WvW effort and Q_Q kittens not doing anything for mentioned effort make battles one sided. In the end is not a design fault. Is YOUR fault.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

The orb bonus is definitely OP. And the outmanned buff is completely useless.

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I think I’ve come up with a good solution for the OP Orb issue -

The Risen -

having all 3 Orbs summons level 84 risen – they will randomly kill your workers, steal your supplies, kill your teams in your properties and will only be seen by the server holding all 3 orbs – aka Haunts.

This will add depth to the game lore – as Zhaitan currently has nothing to do with wvw and he should. Owning all 3 orbs should be a burden and a threat to it’s holder – much like the person that holds the ring in Lord of the Rings.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Orb Bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

Pls detele the orbs ingame ,its a bad ideea,leave no bonuses