Orbs are great, don't remove them, but let them apply to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

We were discussing some of the problems our server is having in WvW (leaving names out of this), and one of the key issues that we thought we were having was bringing new players out into WvW. I personally am now a WvW addict, but I only came out to WvW the first time to get the 100% map completion, and the monthly achievement. That game mechanic of drawing new players into WvW is great and we were thinking it would be nice if the ORB bonuses could also do this.

Think about it, if you’re a new player to the game and you see that ORB bonus icon, you are going to wonder what it is. Also, when you see it gone, and notice your HP and some other stats dropped as a result, you surely are going to be concerned.

If those earned stats that you also get in WvW as the week progresses as well as the ORB bonus applied to PVE just like in WvW (and wasn’t this the way it was in Beta?) it would give a great advantage to the players that mostly do Dungeon runs for the drops. Not having those bonuses would surely (we hope) start to generate much more interest in getting out into this PVP WvW “thing”.

I know every player has different reasons to do what they’re doing, and play games like GW2 differently than other players. I do believe though, just like in my case, that once people came out to WvW and checked it out, they would probably like it and play more.

This is what we want. We want new players to come out and support our server, and aside from standing around in LA trying to recruit people, we can’t think of a better way to do this.

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in WvW

Posted by: Palefire.6259

Palefire.6259

I think I like this idea.

Sanctum of Rall [SAVD]

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Reminds me of Darkness Falls in DAoC… a PvE incentive for the best performing PvP server. It’s exactly what this problem needs. Good god Anet please read this post.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Shiri.6728

Shiri.6728

Number 1 way to make EEEEEEEEEEEVERYONE transfer to the winning WvW servers. Even people who wouldn’t really be interested in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Number 1 way to make EEEEEEEEEEEVERYONE transfer to the winning WvW servers. Even people who wouldn’t really be interested in WvW.

Yeah people would do that for sure.

@OP You already get PvE bonus’s for your server winning. The more you win the more bonuses you get. You do not need anymore.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Palefire.6259

Palefire.6259

Okay, I take my endorsement back. Maybe not such a great idea after all.

Sanctum of Rall [SAVD]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

That’s only going to make the bandwagon server jumping a lot worse than it already is. Even people who don’t care at all about WvW or the minor perks that come from it will jump at the opportunity to have all those extra stats in PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

I was told that those bonuses only applied to the WvW maps. They apply to PVE too? Are you sure?

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

I was told that those bonuses only applied to the WvW maps. They apply to PVE too? Are you sure?

Yes they apply to PvE maps too. So you see PvEer’s can jump into WvW and get some cool bonuses for PvE by helping their server win in WvW.

Hell even losing servers get the bonus to crafting, gathering, xp etc… The higher your score the more of bonus you get.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Orbs will not help in bringing new players into WvW. Orbs have to change so that they don’t give crazy stat bonuses to the dominant servers in different tiers. People know that WvW exists. I doubt seeing an orb will make them want to do WvW if what WvW already has to offer doesn’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Make the bonuses only apply ‘after’ being in the realm for 2-3 weeks, that way it sorts out the “Flavour of the Day” crew of hoppers from the original server members.

In my opinion the significant WvW bonuses to stats from them are also extraordinarily good and could probably be cut by 50% and still be worth fighting for

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate