Orbs need to be disabled until they are secured by Arenanet.

in WvW

Posted by: Schwa.1620

Schwa.1620

This has been going on for too long. Countless posts, numerous incidents spread through reddit/these forums with screenshot and video proof of characters flying over keep walls to steal orbs.

This just happened, yet again, on the Tarnished Coast/Gates of Madness/Sea of Sorrows map.

Until Arenanet can secure its client, this content needs to be disabled. Whether this means the entirety of WVW needs to be shut down, the orbs within WVW need to be disabled, or some other failsafe needs to be enacted I can’t say. Due to the continued presence of this hack, Arenanet has shown itself incapable of handling the situation as things stand. They needs to regain control over their game by any means necessary.

Now. Not soon, as they’re so fond of posting.

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

./co-sign

what confuses me is it’s not hard to find out the hack programs out there

why hasn’t AN done anything about it?

people are just reverse engineering the client freely and AN cannot seem to stop it and hacks are getting worse and worse

…I’ll be honest, I have thought to get a 2nd account just to abuse the hacks myself

-.- hopefully AN controls this situation sooner, rather than later

in WvW

Posted by: mrperea.9580

mrperea.9580

Aye, I agree something should be done about this. I caught a hacker on screenshots today. If you look at the time at the time on the top, you can see this guy was not traveling at normal speeds.
Also sucks to know that we are struggling to hold onto a tower or two in our home borderlands, and were having to fight hackers on top of it.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

What confuses me is why the people being reported over and over again by countless people for at least a week if not more haven’t been banned yet for using these hacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Agreed.

Turn them off until a fix to the hacks (flying, superspeed) and the bugs (keep lord turns immune) can be fixed.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

What confuses me is why the people being reported over and over again by countless people for at least a week if not more haven’t been banned yet for using these hacks.

There is rumor that it is so ANet can more fully analyze the botters and get them all in one go. However, it is out of hand. The number of botters and hackers in this game is worse than any other MMO I’ve ever played. They are everywhere and don’t hide it at all. The banhammer needs to land and needs to land now.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

/signed

Orbs are just a source of trouble right now.

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

/signed

Orbs are just a source of trouble right now.

orbs are mostly a source of imbalance. for that i’ll vote this post up

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Schwa.1620

Schwa.1620

I don’t really care about them being balanced or not, I’m more concerned with them being so easy to hack with such a huge payoff.

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

ArenaNET staying silent on this rampant botting and hacking: flying, teleportation, speed, etc is making it so much worse

seriously, what is going ArenaNET?

I refuse to believe that the hackers can so easily reverse engineer the GW2 client and there’s nothing you guys can do to stop the uncontrollable hacking going on in nearly every match

it’s a widespread problem, why the silence AN?!

in WvW

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

The real problem is that while all this obvious hacking, ie orb stealing is taking place. Who knows what kind of more subtle hacks are going on under the surface.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I don’t really care about them being balanced or not, I’m more concerned with them being so easy to hack with such a huge payoff.

the pay off is the same as getting it legitimately. so…you ARE concerned about it being balanced.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

The real problem is that while all this obvious hacking, ie orb stealing is taking place. Who knows what kind of more subtle hacks are going on under the surface.

This.

All Orbs do is help larger servers steam roll anyway, I really liked the idea, but hacking proves they don’t belong in WvWvW at least not how it is now.

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

Stop banning people for speaking out about this and FIX IT!

Step up and address the issue instead of trying to cover it up, AGAIN!

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Jois.4827

Jois.4827

I SECOND THIS CRYSTAL DESERT ORB IS BUGGED IT KEEP ON RESPAWNING NORTH CAMP WTF. i vote remove it

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Agreed. Banning people that are speaking about this exploit/hack will not make the problem go away. People will simply take to Facebook, Twitter and other public places to spread their rage.

in WvW

Posted by: Squeal.7142

Squeal.7142

I propose reduce the orb influence while the problem still unsolved. 1% HP, +10 All stat won’t be much different and probably easier to implement than removing the orb or locking WvW entirely.

WvWvW is agreat feature within a great game. I haven’t encounter more satisfying game for the last 7 years, GW2 is really beautiful. You can sense that it’s created by people that really love its work. From the vistas you encounter in exploration, the uniqueness of each class, the richness of the quest and even the small detail, they all scream, a masterpiece that cost love, time and mindpower to craft. Therefor it’s so sad that the gameplay experience is ruined by several irresponsible individuals.

While we the players, are angry and dissapointed, the game developers are probably feel it even more. I believe that A-Net is acting to make patch that can counter this problem permanently, but it will be really helpful for us players if there’s an immediate and temporary solution, or if there’s official statement regarding this problem.

Thank you very much, for the chance to enjoying the adventure in the world of Tyria. Really hope you love improving this game as much as creating it.

Rose Forestborn, 80 Ranger,
(Hero)