Orbs of Power

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Malzie.6093

Malzie.6093

Go beyond hack/stealing orbs in such a way that only the cheating server can win, go beyond night capping so that people wake up to another server having a 23234982340234-2783423 point lead, what is left? A server who is not only winning but holds the entire deck of cards.

Because of Orbs and night capping one server is able to take over the entire WvW map and then defend it easily with 150 to all stats. How on Earth did anyone think that was going to work or even be remotely considered a good idea? At end game, there are very few things to do, and the biggest is WvW. For those of us that play on servers where we can never win WvW it truly ruins the game. Why woulkittenep playing a game where because I am losing, the winners get a bonus?

Does no one at Arena Net see a problem with that? Not only does it create a mountain for other servers the next day, because of Orbs it becomes a vertical wall. I suppose it could be compared to spawn camping in a first person shooter. You just can’t get any where because you’ve lost before you’ve started.

Possible solution?

Rather than getting rid of Orbs, transfer the bonus to PvE. Instead of WvW players getting the 150 to all stats it goes into the PvE side of the game. This does two things. The first is it gives players who are typically only PvE a reason to get into WvW and fight to gain/hold Orbs of Power. And second it does not give an already unfair advantage a boost.

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

If I may, I recommend the search function, which should help you find the dozens of other threads that have covered this subject before.

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Malzie.6093

Malzie.6093

Search function has never worked for me. And besides maybe if enough threads are started ANet will get the hint.

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You’re just making it more difficult for them by producing multiple threads. You do realize that it takes time to engineer a solution, right?

PS Search doesn’t work for me when I’m logged out. HTH, though that may not be the problem you’re experiencing.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

We lost 5 orbs so far to a hacker/hackers we even got a guy on vid yesterday and dozens of ppl reported him but 1-2 hours ago he did it again after we fought whole day for that orb.
What is even more frustrating is that all orbs are flying to the server that only can keep up with us due to nightcapping because during the day we push to 350+ pp and all that without an orb.
If i see the same guy doing it 1 more time im leaving this game for good. just saying

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Tristanian.6084

Tristanian.6084

Orbs were a good idea on paper, terrible idea in practice. It works assuming that the matchup is balanced in terms of manpower but that is almost never the case in WvW. In fact it’s designed not to be balanced. Combine this with hacks running rampart and you’ve got a recipe for long-term failure. Orbs should never have provided such powerful bonuses in the first place. In fact those kinds of bonuses should have been granted to the outmanned buff, which has been stated about 1 trillion times already. TLDR: Bad design across the board balancing wise, amateurish programming mistakes (hacks, invisible zergs etc) with too much security sensitive data running through the client, a deafening silence from A.Net when called out on these issues. Not a good way to keep people invested in the game.

Tristanian, Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Legacy of Raiders [LoR] Officer
Desolation EU

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

Please disable orbs forever ,delete them,no need for them,i want me or my opponents with the same advantage,not with orb bonuses

ty

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Careful Bro, your thread is way more inflammatory that this one.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Please-Disable-Orbs

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

lol wow nice link SteepledHat.

I think they should simply make the orbs invulnerable until the keep lord is dead. Just like the orb keeper has to die to be able to hit the alter _.

Then instead of the single fly hacker you will see an entire zerg of people flying over walls, ganking the keep lord and stealing the orb.

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

Orbs of Power

in WvW

Posted by: Jormunrek.5372

Jormunrek.5372

It takes nearly zero time to disable the orbs until they can get a solution worked out…

Jorm