Organising Peaceful Protest - 20th @ Reset

in WvW

Posted by: Jansy.8463

Jansy.8463

If you disagree with the path WvW is going towards in GW2;

If you disagree with decisions made by certain individuals with 25 stacks of bloodlust;

If you disagree with the new content;

You get the jist; but this will be a peaceful protest.

It’s simple: Don’t log in for the first hour of WvW on reset on the 20th of September, go and spend some time with your family, friends, pets. Do some other activities.

This will allow parties involved, to “collect data” on the thoughts and opinions of the WvW community. But to do this, the message needs to be spread. After the hour of pandemonium, log in and continue playing like you normally would.

Hopefully we can stop the bullying that is going on at the moment. God Bless you all.

Gold Cape via Hall of Monuments pls…

(edited by Jansy.8463)

in WvW

Posted by: Kinshiro.1472

Kinshiro.1472

Yeah this would be real nice BUT do you really think that all those no-lifers would be able to stop playing? They would get some serious withdrawals :p

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Yeah this would be real nice BUT do you really think that all those no-lifers would be able to stop playing? They would get some serious withdrawals :p

That’s them casting their vote just as logging out for an hour would be casting yours.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think a weekday would be better. Only hardcore people read this forum and will get this message… none of the PvE’ers who usually only show up at reset will.

in WvW

Jansy.8463

Friday is a weekday.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Friday is a weekday.

LOL.. I meant midweek.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

If you disagree with decisions made by certain individuals with 25 stacks of bloodlust;

It’s simple: Don’t log in for the first hour of WvW on reset on the 20th of September, go and spend some time with your family, friends, pets. Do some other activities.

This will allow parties involved, to “collect data” on the thoughts and opinions of the WvW community. But to do this, the message needs to be spread. After the hour of pandemonium, log in and continue playing like you normally would.

Hopefully we can stop the bullying that is going on at the moment. God Bless you all.

Wouldn’t it be better to log in stay in the keep and auto cast your heal?

Wont be on the 20th at reset any ways, although the way wvw is going is a joke for the most part. Even so if I were to be around I would have logged in to play.

in WvW

Jansy.8463

Wouldn’t it be better to log in stay in the keep and auto cast your heal?

Wont be on the 20th at reset any ways, although the way wvw is going is a joke for the most part. Even so if I were to be around I would have logged in to play.

Nah, only a drop in WvW numbers would make them see sense. If we did your idea, everywhere would be even and WvW would be working “as intended”..

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I hope whoever is going against my server does this so that we can pvdoor their garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

While I won’t be playing during that time, I think the bigger influence will simply be the data the scores provide. It’ll be so obvious via numbers alone, that if they don’t do something they will be effectively knowingly screwing up the soon to be implemented league system before it even starts. If that actually happens, I would surely hope the powers that be take a long hard look into who was responsible for such an obvious oversight.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

How do you come up with a non-peaceful protest lol?

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Jansy.8463

I hope whoever is going against my server does this so that we can pvdoor their garrison.

This is my tactic for when my server, like ~20th, get matched up against Vizunah with the match-up system, that was also implemented to collect data.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Yay! Shorter queues!

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

If people didn’t like it they wouldn’t login and play. Plain and simple.

But all the chatter within the forums is only a small percentage point anyway I think the idea, while grand, is moot. People will continue to play until they can’t take it anymore, get bored, or something new comes around. Nothing new is due out anytime soon, so if you like the format of WvW then this is it. No matter how bad it is, it is the only game in town.

So…let’s put some lipstick on the pig and do the right thing, huh? Staging a protest isn’t going to work. They know, they read the forums, they are going to do what they want…besides, what company do you know admitted to something that they did was bad and correct it? I can’t think of one MMO that did (even if they went free to play mind you!).

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Jansy.8463

Patch Incoming?!

in WvW

Posted by: Sidu.9708

Sidu.9708

I would like to protest but it’s not gonna work

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Straight out of the Lol/Sc2 forums, I hope you get your well deserved forum infraction/suspension

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

Not sure your idea would work… but if enough players logged into the wvw zones and simply danced and all that in their spawns now THAT might be interesting.

in WvW

Jansy.8463

Straight out of the Lol/Sc2 forums, I hope you get your well deserved forum infraction/suspension

Lul.

In other news, patch got rid of the Iron Hide exploit, thankfully!

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Our opponents probably wouldn’t notice – we have a tradition on Gandara of being so terrible on reset night (and at weekends generally) that we’ve lost our entire borderlands by 1am :P

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I’m sure there was a post somewhere by Devon that said they’d only take notice if they saw a drop in WvW numbers, someone can link plzz? Might get some more onboard with the idea.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

(edited by Immolator.5640)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The thread with the screen cap of that post was deleted. But it’s floating around various server forums.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Better idea.

Log in on whatever day is decided, set auto run whilst running into some wall in keep/garrison etc.

Alt tab & play a balanced game where devs aren`t completely clueless.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

They have to see a significant drop in numbers over a period of time (one week/one month) before they’ll consider doing anything about it. One hour could be explained as an anomaly.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

While I won’t be playing during that time, I think the bigger influence will simply be the data the scores provide. It’ll be so obvious via numbers alone, that if they don’t do something they will be effectively knowingly screwing up the soon to be implemented league system before it even starts. If that actually happens, I would surely hope the powers that be take a long hard look into who was responsible for such an obvious oversight.

not really. i mean, yeah, the data will be there, and it will be blatantly obvious to everyone……. except Anet. the data was there, and blatantly obvious to everyone with the original orbs. every match, in every tier, every week was a blowout in favor of the server that had all 3 orbs. there was a mountain of evidence, and they just kept looking the other way. it was like the OJ trial all over again.

the sad fact is, they couldn’t care less about the quality of their product, just if it’s a good enough prostitute. the only way they’d actually pay attention would be to kick them where it counts, in the wallet. if the players are capable of forming a massive protest, they have to take notice. if they ignore that, they lose money. and the money is ALL they care about.

(edited by Phantom.8130)

in WvW

Jansy.8463

I am trying to achieve something productive, not just for the player base as a whole, but for Arenanet too as a matter of fact. Poor business decisions will lead this game into a dark alley, and currently, the street lights are dimming fast. If anyone with substantial power/links/resources would want to take over or create a similar event, please don’t hesitate. I’m just trying to stop this insanity.

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

unplayable now we have circles in WvW and siege for mid fields fights….. and the buffs lol

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

unplayable now we have circles in WvW and siege for mid fields fights….. and the buffs lol

the siege will remind you of the treb/skyhammer. the three circles will remind you of the 3 circles.

Conditioning you to sPvP.

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Even if I disagree witht he way wvw is heading, no way will I miss reset for this and then wait in queue for hours, horrible idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I just played around in it for the first time. Just some general observations

1. Baddies with the buff were still baddies
2. NPCs with the buff were no harder to kill
3. Standing in circles still isn’t that much fun
4. Killing things is fun

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer