Ori sources for consumate W3ers...

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

So, I took a rather long time to get to 400 crafting in one discipline, I spend 98% of my time in W3 and just don’t find time for farming outside of that map. And I only recently found out the exotics use 5 Ori inscripts per item.

My question is, where does everyone who spends most of their time in W3 get all the Ori you need for this? I average about 5 ingots per day just off of salvages.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

i salvage and run the high level areas with orrmaps.com.

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

PvE (orr, frostgorge sound, etc.), or the trading post. Only place in wvw to actually gather it is the EB jumping puzzle, and that is a bad, bad place. Don’t go there. Just don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The trading post is the best place. Besides that, there are always 2 orichalcum nodes in the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle somewhere. Those are the only nodes in all of WvW for orichalcum.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Maybe it’d be nice to have some “scaled” nodes somewhere? Where the ore you get is scaled to the level of your character. It might not be ideal, but the problem I think with just putting in orich. ore into WvW is that people could just create new alts and farm the nodes constantly at very low level (since in PvE you can only get the ore in lvl 75+ zones). And then make the respawn daily like orich nodes. Maybe that way the level 80’s can get our Ori ores (and put them somewhere difficult, like near lord rooms, or in other areas of the map, but not too far away from objective areas).

Just an idea.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

I have a couple dedicated WvW chars (as in, never use in PvE). They sit on the cliff above the southsun node, mine it before you enter WvW, guest to a couple other servers to mine it a couple more times when you feel like it. It adds up pretty quick and will cover most usage.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: SuiRyuJin.4615

SuiRyuJin.4615

the ori nodes are in eternal battleground jumping puzzle

Suiryujin – Ele [Pyro]
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

5 ori ingots is what, 15 ore? That’s almost as much as a map’s worth of Ori nodes.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

The trading post is the best place. Besides that, there are always 2 orichalcum nodes in the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle somewhere. Those are the only nodes in all of WvW for orichalcum.

That last part is incorrect. While EB jump puzzle does always have some, I have also on rare occasions found ori node on the EB map itself (last time was an ori node and ancient wood in umberglade)

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

@Resonance ~ Ah yeah, I meant I average 5 ores a day, not ingots, sorry.

@SuiRyuJin ~ As for the EB JP, I stay away from there out of principle alone, since it takes away manpower from the real fight going on up top.

@kurath ~ I like your idea, I might try that. I haven’t been to Southsun since its release event though so I’ll have to relearn the map lol.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

When I was level’in in September, I cheered for orichalcum nodes. Now I cheer for gold nodes in the borderlands.

I’ve come pretty far.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

http://gw2nodes.com/index.php will make your pve farming time much quicker.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Taldek.6105

Taldek.6105

Maybe it’d be nice to have some “scaled” nodes somewhere? Where the ore you get is scaled to the level of your character. It might not be ideal, but the problem I think with just putting in orich. ore into WvW is that people could just create new alts and farm the nodes constantly at very low level (since in PvE you can only get the ore in lvl 75+ zones). And then make the respawn daily like orich nodes. Maybe that way the level 80’s can get our Ori ores (and put them somewhere difficult, like near lord rooms, or in other areas of the map, but not too far away from objective areas).

Just an idea.

I, thought you had to be a lvl 60 to use picks that can harvest ori. Is that not the case when you are up leveled to 80 in WvW?

Blackgate – [KnT]

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It might be, I haven’t tried it. It would be interesting to know though.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

They should add extra Orichalcum nodes and Ancient Saplings to WvW which require a special Mists gathering kit.

Then make a new WvW daily:
- Claim a tower
- Claim a camp
- Kill 50 invaders
Reward: Mists gathering kit, lasts 12 hours.

This would give WvW focused players a way to gather high level materials, in line with PvE players, without the map being flooded by people only there to farm.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria