Our wVwVw is like 300k vs. 50k vs. 50k

in WvW

Posted by: cybergoblin.9415

cybergoblin.9415

And we are stuck with this bull-puckey for a whole week?

in WvW

Posted by: Winston.2489

Winston.2489

Fight better. With your Server.

Eredon Terrace Invader

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

scoring system is broken and when servers can have players on 24/7 it will just get more laughable.

Having one week match ups before they even had the system working properly is unbelievable to me. I know they lost a lot of good people there but I didnt think they hired people without a clue to replace them.

This company isnt even a shadow of what they were in 2005….

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

End’s on Friday.
New matches begin.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Sphere.2076

Sphere.2076

Sadly my brother just quit because of the state of WvW. He said he would rather deal with WOW’s flaws than GW2’s. Guess I should have not bought him the game.
Suggestion, stop free transfers and don’t allow Oceanic on US servers. If it stays like this I suggest 12 hour battles until its resolved. It gives all the chance to play in their own time slot and have wins.

in WvW

Posted by: vrgadin.1943

vrgadin.1943

Sadly my brother just quit because of the state of WvW. He said he would rather deal with WOW’s flaws than GW2’s. Guess I should have not bought him the game.
Suggestion, stop free transfers and don’t allow Oceanic on US servers. If it stays like this I suggest 12 hour battles until its resolved. It gives all the chance to play in their own time slot and have wins.

hehe, quitting threats……thatll makem change wvw i jushht know it!!

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}
“I’m the one with the scary horned skull helm”

in WvW

vrgadin.1943

ET needs dedicated oceanic guilds, please if you can use ts other than your own, and want a competitive match vs Hendge next week, please move from IOJ or SOS and become our nightcrew!

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}

in WvW

Posted by: Lifiane.5203

Lifiane.5203

IMO your brother will be back, I uninstalled after playing GW2. WoW just looks so dated (ontop of the other issues that it has).

The current problem with WvW that causes these disparities lies in the still free transfers (which you said) along with: Rendering issues based on their client server side abilities (invisible armies appearing out of no where), ER MAH GERD ERXPLERTS (they exist and I assume Anet is dealing with them appropriately, the time it takes to really balance this ranking system they have, and the server based issues that lie with having a strong oceanic presence.

All in all, balance wont happen within the first month of competitive WvW. Time is the key here.

Denunciate — Ruin — ET
Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Kratuln.9608

Kratuln.9608

It’s broken because points are raked up 24/7.

Between the hours of 12am to 8am WvW points should not be counted. During these hours you should not be able to upgrade your castles, towers or place spam arrow carts(SM is notorious for this) or any other type of siege bar battering rams.

Problem fixed. A competitive across the board experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

ET needs dedicated oceanic guilds, please if you can use ts other than your own, and want a competitive match vs Hendge next week, please move from IOJ or SOS and become our nightcrew!

I hear transfers are free, is that true?

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

vrgadin.1943

Let me give an example of the rediculous sadness of sos. everyday they shell mendens with a treb set up in an invulnerable location (exploit). They inevitably knock out the walls. And you know what happens next? NOTHING they dont even attack a walless keep.

how can you fail even when u use an exploit?

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}

in WvW

vrgadin.1943

I hear transfers are free, is that true?

yessirr, and we need to beef our numbers oceanic time in a major way while our NA pop sleeps….only reason hendge won by 1k 2 matchups ago ……that and they exploited the stonemist keeplord last minute.

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}

(edited by vrgadin.1943)

in WvW

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

Between the hours of 12am to 8am WvW points should not be counted. During these hours you should not be able to upgrade your castles, towers or place spam arrow carts(SM is notorious for this) or any other type of siege bar battering rams.

So we Oceanic players become nothing more then people to take crap for our American comrades and leave everything else to them? can’t say I am thrilled about the idea

in WvW

Posted by: Zulubeast.8519

Zulubeast.8519

Yea, lets screw all the players who play during those times. The current system needs to be tweaked, but not shut down for a certain amount of time. Disabling WvW upgrades at certain times would be so backwards of an update it would ruin the spirit of PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

this is what is causing the imbalances and its no fun for the people with 20k just like its no fun for the people with 200k. when its all said and done the points and the guy with the bigger number doesn’t really matter near as much as the fun you have playing the game.

please don’t listen to this guy, go to a server that actually needs people like Ferguson’s, Kaineng, or any of the lower pop ones.

Stop encouraging people to stack onto one server so they can stand around at a spawn point with an army of golems. Move somewhere that brings an amount of competitiveness to that matchup and try to find a challenge. Have fun instead. Go where you can play.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Let me give an example of the rediculous sadness of sos. everyday they shell mendens with a treb set up in an invulnerable location (exploit). They inevitably knock out the walls. And you know what happens next? NOTHING they dont even attack a walless keep.

So when RUIN sets up siege in the EB jump puzzle where people cannot reach to get up to them. It’s “a valid tactic, L2P, PVP happens, etc. etc.”

Yet when you cannot reach a siege weapon that IS NOT invulnerable (read: the trebs can be damaged), it’s exploiting?

It is “possible” in theory to reach to destroy the trebs on the mountain as it is “possible” to reach the arrow carts in the beast arena within EB puzzle. Are you going to admit you were knowingly exploiting?

in WvW

vrgadin.1943

So when RUIN sets up siege in the EB jump puzzle where people cannot reach to get up to them. It’s “a valid tactic, L2P, PVP happens, etc. etc.”

Yet when you cannot reach a siege weapon that IS NOT invulnerable (read: the trebs can be damaged), it’s exploiting?

It is “possible” in theory to reach to destroy the trebs on the mountain as it is “possible” to reach the arrow carts in the beast arena within EB puzzle. Are you going to admit you were knowingly exploiting?

totally different. killing pvers doing jumping puzzles with difficult to reach siege has 0 impact on the score of the match. trebbing walls down of keeps with unreachable trebs (besides retaliate, which is being fixed btw) has the possibility of changing the score.

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

As long as transfers are free and instant and you are allowed to transfer to the winning servers, nothing is going to change.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

vrgadin.1943

this is what is causing the imbalances and its no fun for the people with 20k just like its no fun for the people with 200k. when its all said and done the points and the guy with the bigger number doesn’t really matter near as much as the fun you have playing the game.

please don’t listen to this guy, go to a server that actually needs people like Ferguson’s, Kaineng, or any of the lower pop ones.

Stop encouraging people to stack onto one server so they can stand around at a spawn point with an army of golems. Move somewhere that brings an amount of competitiveness to that matchup and try to find a challenge. Have fun instead. Go where you can play.

Actually we need oceanic people so we can compete with other top tier 24/7 servers in off peak hours (OCE). You have a valid point as well. if you want to move to kaineng or another very small server go for it. if you want to join a medium pop server with very good coordination and have a shot at #1 come to ET. either or, depends on you re playstyle

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

You can’t just “fight better” when one server has 24/7 activity and both other servers have around 5-8 hours of activity a day. Blackgate is in this same situation with Gates of Madness and Crystal Desert. CD takes over all four maps, completely, over night, and it makes it difficult to get them back when we actually have a full force. Even when we do, we’re already extremely behind on points and it is impossible to catch up.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kashak.6012

Kashak.6012

All you can do is kickkitten when your logged on. Thats a win in my books and considerign theres no reward for winning you can call anything you want a win

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Like I said in another thread, I’m up for “screwing” Oceanic players if that what it takes to save WvW for North American (and European) players.

The combined NA and EU player base dwarfs anyone in Australia/New Zealand. ArenaNet will do what they have to do to save this huge amount of paying customers.

I know it sucks, but that’s capitalism.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

You do know that if Oceanic servers perform better, they’ll go up in rankings and you won’t play against them, right?

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

scoring system is broken

Scoring system is fine. What’s broken is the world. Why do people exist outside America, it’s not fair!

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Kratuln.9608

I can’t see any option to quote directly so i’ll broadly address Oceanic concerns regarding my comment on locking points, upgrades and siege between 12am and 8am server time.

1. Join an EU server. – You’re roughly GMT +10 which would place the start of the lockout at 10am for you and the end at 6pm. If you work, go to school or college this would be a completely valid period for you to play and in peek hours. From there you have all of 6pm to 10am to play to your hearts content free of any shackles.

2. You won’t like this but you’re such a small part of the player base that you have no right to dictate how the game should be balanced around you. It’s just how it is.

3. If you have an issue then lobby for an Oceanic servers and have those servers operate around your time zone.

Besides all this WvW would operate as normal, you could still play a valuable part in WvW when you take the Mists while other servers sleep and capture towers, keeps and camps. You just won’t be able to upgrade them and the points would be locked.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

totally different. killing pvers doing jumping puzzles with difficult to reach siege has 0 impact on the score of the match. trebbing walls down of keeps with unreachable trebs (besides retaliate, which is being fixed btw) has the possibility of changing the score.

I’d say preventing the enemy from getting free siege equipment from the puzzles effects the match and thus the score. More so than hitting Mendon with trebs. Using siege weapons in the puzzle so they cannot reach and ultimately cannot pass the area until the people campers go away? Retaliation is already fixed and thus it is near impossible to get pass siege camping in the puzzle.

It’s also possible to kill the trebs as all you need to do is chain stealth pass the guards to get to the trebs on the mountain. See? I can come up with near impossible and improbable solutions too.

Proof that you can reach the trebs as the enemy:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/5588/gw021.jpg

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: CardboardBox.6087

CardboardBox.6087

Like I said in another thread, I’m up for “screwing” Oceanic players if that what it takes to save WvW for North American (and European) players.

The combined NA and EU player base dwarfs anyone in Australia/New Zealand. ArenaNet will do what they have to do to save this huge amount of paying customers.

Not sure what EU countries you are talking about because the timezone differences affect them too. Should they have to stay up later or sleep earlier because NA players want it during their peak hours? You’d have to screw over the whole of the Oceanic zone including all Asian countries and the EU countries in order to make it an NA only server. And even then many NA players who work late and come home so they can only play at weird hours would be affected. So when you think about it, your lil group of NA players who play during peak hours aren’t actually bigger than the weird hour NA players + NZ+AU+Asia+EU players combined.

in WvW

Kratuln.9608

Not sure what EU countries you are talking about because the timezone differences affect them too. Should they have to stay up later or sleep earlier because NA players want it during their peak hours? You’d have to screw over the whole of the Oceanic zone including all Asian countries and the EU countries in order to make it an NA only server. And even then many NA players who work late and come home so they can only play at weird hours would be affected. So when you think about it, your lil group of NA players who play during peak hours aren’t actually bigger than the weird hour NA players + NZ+AU+Asia+EU players combined.

NA servers are based in Texas.

EU servers are based in Germany.

All servers have time zones locked to where the server is located.

Also, US servers don’t play vs EU servers.

EU players won’t be getting shafted in this.

Also, Asian servers will most likely be added when Guild Wars 2 is officially released in Asian countries so using Asia as a meat shield is a moot point given that they’ll have their own seperate set of servers.

(edited by Kratuln.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

scoring system is broken

Scoring system is fine. What’s broken is the world. Why do people exist outside America, it’s not fair!

So owning something for 14 minutes and 30 seconds of a 15 minute timer and losing it with 10 seconds to go and getting nothing for it means scoring isnt stupidly implemented? Where servers can time their zergs to take out every camp around the map simply because that have enough people to do it? Thats if the other servers even bother taking them back.

in WvW

Houdii.2563

2. You won’t like this but you’re such a small part of the player base that you have no right to dictate how the game should be balanced around you. It’s just how it is.

But mommy it’s not fair, they can still play after my bedtime!

What gives you any more of a right to play and dictate the score than oceanic players do?

We weren’t given oceanic servers, ANet obviously wanted us to play with you guys so stop crying.

But yeah having 24/7 pvp is terrible, I totally understand. I mean if I don’t have to work one day, I can hop on and it’s active in the morning, then if I stay up late it doesn’t die off. WTF is that really? Who wants that? No game will last being that active.

Just cry yourself to sleep buddy and I’ll be awake and fresh playing Pacman like usual, waka waka waka waka!

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Silker.3261

Silker.3261

just give the system time to fix itself. It’ll most likely get better once all the servers are in there suitable places. The active servers ill be fighting one another and the inactive ones will be down at the bottom of the barrel.

in WvW

Houdii.2563

scoring system is broken

So owning something for 14 minutes and 30 seconds of a 15 minute timer and losing it with 10 seconds to go and getting nothing for it means scoring isnt stupidly implemented? Where servers can time their zergs to take out every camp around the map simply because that have enough people to do it? Thats if the other servers even bother taking them back.

What’s the difference in owning something for 14mins and 30seconds and owning it for 4mins 30seconds as it was previously? There were always zergs recapping stuff while the buff was still up, points timer changed nothing about that.

You know when the points tick, and there’s so much more warning of it now. If you’re worried about losing it before the tick you have more than enough time for reinforcements to arrive, just as you have the same amount of time to organise and offense and attack points before they tick.

Just because you fail at organisation doesn’t mean the points system fails.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Monk Morkins.4618

Monk Morkins.4618

Right….
http://interculturalmeanderings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/the-world-according-to-america-2.png

in WvW

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Capitalism is why we are on the US servers. They want our money but don’t want to fork out for servers here.

AU TZ is not just about Australian/Oceanic players. Our guilds have often provided an environment for shift workers. We have players from all over the world who have spare time during the AU TZ. Our guild has had a number of Americans in it over the years who shift work.

GW2 is having the same teething problems DAOC had. We had an Australian guild of 500 players on the server I played on and when we rolled out, as infrequently as it was, we would come back with everyone’s relic.

That initial period saw a number of balancing mechanics introduced to help counter large population changes during TZs, the number of guards were significantly increased, as was their potency and they reacted to the different level of players participating and the amount of territory your controlled. Sides with few players on and little territory had extremely powerful guards who literally one shot players, had massive agro range and brutally long ranged attacks.

The more territory you controlled the less numerous your guards were and the weaker they were, especially if you had a player advantage. It made it fairly easy for teams with nothing to get a foothold somewhere, it made it very hard for a side to dominate the map and the guards did a reasonable job to hold up, you couldn’t really take stuff over with the numbers we have been here.

I think everyone wants a good environment to fight and an equal opportunity to get the WvW rewards, the lack of opposition and no rewards from NPCs means we do not get as much out of WvW. I would have thought Anet would have taken on the learning pains of DAOC, especially if they used that style of PvP as inspiration for their own.

in WvW

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

Fight better. With your Server.

It’s imposible, most people just either stop playing or transfer server when losing.

I think we need 1 day matchs until transfer stop being free.

in WvW

Kratuln.9608

What gives you any more of a right to play and dictate the score than oceanic players do?

They’re our servers thus the “EUROPEAN” and “AMERICAN” listings, not “Oceanic/Australian/Kiwi”. So yes, as a European playing on a European server I have every right to express my opinion on the matter and suggest they balance the game best.

We weren’t given oceanic servers, ANet obviously wanted us to play with you guys so stop crying.

You weren’t given servers because there’s too few of you to actually populate them. Face the facts here. You’re the minority and you’re causing unbalanced WvWvW making it impossible to be at all plausible for a competitive game type. Even on these forums there are many guilds recruiting Oceanic players with the intent to WvW when all other servers are offline and have even stated this outright in their recruitments. How is that fun for anyone when you outnumber two other servers 300 to their collective 100?

All I see from players like you is constant complaining over possible fixes to balance. Instead of kittening about our suggestions that will ultimately fix the situation why don’t you come up with some other solution?

in WvW

Kratuln.9608

Right….
http://interculturalmeanderings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/the-world-according-to-america-2.png

I’m from the EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenwolf.2175

Ravenwolf.2175

They’re our servers thus the “EUROPEAN” and “AMERICAN” listings, not “Oceanic/Australian/Kiwi”. So yes, as a European playing on a European server I have every right to express my opinion on the matter and suggest they balance the game best.

You weren’t given servers because there’s too few of you to actually populate them. Face the facts here. You’re the minority and you’re causing unbalanced WvWvW making it impossible to be at all plausible for a competitive game type. Even on these forums there are many guilds recruiting Oceanic players with the intent to WvW when all other servers are offline and have even stated this outright in their recruitments. How is that fun for anyone when you outnumber two other servers 300 to their collective 100?

All I see from players like you is constant complaining over possible fixes to balance. Instead of kittening about our suggestions that will ultimately fix the situation why don’t you come up with some other solution?

You just contradicted yourself… so we ARN’T populated enough to have our own server…. but we ARE populated enough to dominate wvwvw while you are asleep…. SO you just cancelled yourself out… and basically just said, that… you can’t beat us so you don’t want to even have to try….

in WvW

Posted by: Monk Morkins.4618

Monk Morkins.4618

Right….

I’m from the EU.

And I’m in the United States. My point doesn’t change. The world is a big place, and this game has players from all over the world. Just because you happen to be unhappy with how things are working out doesn’t mean that the rest of the world should get screwed just to make you happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Firefly.4165

Firefly.4165

You DO realize that Asians are already on board on the servers? That is the reason HOD is so dominant? Everything else is working as intended.

in WvW

Kratuln.9608

You just contradicted yourself… so we ARN’T populated enough to have our own server…. but we ARE populated enough to dominate wvwvw while you are asleep…. SO you just cancelled yourself out… and basically just said, that… you can’t beat us so you don’t want to even have to try….

You’re missing out the fact that during the hours of 12am to 8am other servers that aren’t Oceanic centric have far less active players at those times because they’re asleep. So, no, i’m not contradicting myself.

in WvW

Houdii.2563

The listings are for server “locations” not “owned by and for.” You buy the game and you join a region and you have every right to play the game to the full entirety. So what because our timezone doesn’t agree with you we shouldn’t play mmo’s anymore? LMAO

There are guilds recruiting oceanic guilds because this is a persistent world and having population throughout timezones makes you stronger. It was obvious from the minute the scoring system was announced and is why cross timezone region alliances were formed early on. Just because you didn’t have the forethought to plan ahead and are now in a bad situation isn’t any reason to block a whole region from the game.

There are plenty of oceanic servers right now struggling to get high ranking because they don’t have the american playerbase to support them. Why not transfer or ask them to join you?

The problem is a few oceanic guilds split across alliances making the powerhouse servers atm, and the rest clumped together and are not doing as well. You could easily better your situation quite quickly instead of opening a tissue box on the forums.

And players like me complaining over “fixes”? When your fixes involve making a competitive game non-competitive or meaningless why wouldn’t people complain? Your ideas don’t work and I highly doubt the game was built to work around what playtime suits you.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

(edited by Houdii.2563)

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

You’re missing out the fact that during the hours of 12am to 8am other servers that aren’t Oceanic centric have far less active players at those times because they’re asleep. So, no, i’m not contradicting myself.

You do realize the unofficial oceanic servers get owned during your day time right? You’re not happy unless you own the majority map 100% of the time?

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

If the basically meaningless score matters that much to your fun, I suspect there’s deeper issues.

in WvW

Houdii.2563

If the basically meaningless score matters that much to your fun, I suspect there’s deeper issues.

You’d think non-stop pvp and no dead zones would be more important…

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

You do realize the unofficial oceanic servers get owned during your day time right? You’re not happy unless you own the majority map 100% of the time?

Unless your IoJ or SoS then you own the map 0% of the time and blame ET Oceanic players for it. sorry…..RUIN players for it.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Sorry to break this to you but Oceanic/Asian population outnumbers you. 2/3 of the world population is in China and India. Thats not counting Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Japan etc

What rubbish is this about paying customers? the game is buy2play.

Learn to accept that you wont always win. Thats what I do and I’m having a ball being an Aussie on a low Oceanic populated World. Fort Aspenwood was beating my server by over 100k last time I checked but I’m still having an awesome time fighting them.

(edited by Elthurien.8356)

in WvW

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

Really the best solution is just to have a dynamic player cap based on the lowest population group in a battleground. So if Server A and B can only muster 35 people in their off time, but server C can muster a full bg, they do not just instantly win.

in WvW

Posted by: Archonis.7249

Archonis.7249

Why is it that Ruin and Ascension Alliance think that they could possibly get IoJ and SoS’s overnights? You might actually be able to get them, if it wasn’t for your repulsive conduct.

I for one wouldn’t go to ET for multiple reasons:

1. Ruin’s obnoxious /map chat.
2. AA’s sketchiness in tranferring.
3. Queue times.
4. The server has a bad reputation because of these two communities.

“Society is a madhouse, whose wardens are the police and the officials.”

in WvW

Posted by: skjutengris.6923

skjutengris.6923

Arenanet states it will fix itself and the community will sort it out.
There is no problem there.
Just enjoy it.

/sarcasm off.

Nightcapping needs to go away its a broken system.