Our wVwVw is like 300k vs. 50k vs. 50k

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

I talked this subject to death on GW2Guru, but the answer is normalising scores across a 24 hour period.

To do this whilst maintaining the current WvW infrastructure you would have to split the day into sections maybe 6-8 hours in length. at the end of each period the side winning gets 3 points the second gets 2 and last gets 1 point or 2,1,0 if you are feeling mean.

The maps do not reset the simple ticking scores reset, by doing this if a side dominates completely during the downtime they deserve to win. but if a side scores a hard earned win during the peak hours they also score the same winning points.

what keeps people from not waiting for the time to tick over is that the map doesn’t reset so even if you’re 100,000 points down you’ll want to get as many points ticking over at the start of the next time interval.

by implementing a system like this Arena Net can maintain all of their current WvW scoring systems whilst not trivialising how WvW is won and without devaluing anyones playtime.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

I really don’t understand the issue. There is absolutely no way you can limit how and when people can WvW without undermining the entire system. By only letting people cap points during certain times your effectively giving WvW to whomever has more players during peak hours.

Your “solution” would be causing the exact same problem for all the people who don’t play during peak hours. You’d just be shifting the issue to someone else. It’s a persistent online game where you battle in real time. Time zones happen.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

ET needs dedicated oceanic guilds, please if you can use ts other than your own, and want a competitive match vs Hendge next week, please move from IOJ or SOS and become our nightcrew!

Can you start a recruitment thread and get out of other peoples? People hate your guild because of this kitten.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Arakinis.5372

Arakinis.5372

I agree with Dutchman, if you put a time cap in you’d have nothing more than 4 huge regular pvp maps and not a persistent, changing battle ground.

However Anet does need to…

1. Stop the server transfers TO full servers, but allow people to leave to go to med/low servers to help even out balance, and eventually make it a paid service, this needs to happen soon since we’re coming up on a month since release.

2. Enforce IP location restrictions on server selection to avoid an overabundance of free night capping by players playing in different time zones.

3. Setup Aussy/Asian servers, there has to be enough people for 3+ servers for WvW.

Arakinis ~ Lvl 80 Thief ~ Isle of Janthir
Team Legacy – [TL]
-Wipe them out…all of them

in WvW

Posted by: Daximus.8547

Daximus.8547

Wow…there are a lot of self centered people…I couldn’t help but think back to the good old days of DAoC and imagine one of the realms saying “Ok, we got to go to sleep, everyone stop playing…brb”…they would be laughed out of the game.

People only think of themselves when the post crap like “locking wvw when I sleep”. Do they not realize that there are not only people on different schedules all over the world and the U.S., but also different time zones even in our own country??? So lets say a father waits for his children to go to bed to play, and he lives on the West Coast, then he plays until 12pm…that makes it 3am on the East Coast and they are mostly in bed….or the other way around, a person gets up at 7am to play on the East Coast and it is 4am on the West Coast.

But all these people care about is that everyone stops playing while THEY sleep. I think what they are really looking for is sPvP, not WvW.