Out-manned Buff - instant bullseye

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I think it bears pointing out that as soon as I see an enemy with the Out-manned buff, that side is instantly a target, and a mad rush is made to take their assets. It practically screams “our stuff is undefended right now”, and I don’t think that’s the intention. It’s suppose to be a beneficial thing and not a detriment.

Frankly, I’d like to see the visibility of all beneficial buffs removed from invaders.

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I love the outmanned buff, it has allowed me to level 4 80s, and a level 32 in WvW.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I love the outmanned buff, it has allowed me to level 4 80s, and a level 32 in WvW.

There’s nothing wrong with the buff, it just shouldn’t show on your portrait when enemies target you for reasons stated in the OP.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

There’s nothing wrong with the buff, it just shouldn’t show on your portrait when enemies target you for reasons stated in the OP.

Either way doesn’t matter to me. I can think of oher areas I’d rather they work on first though.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

Not only from the enemy side – it’s common for a player to enter a map, see the outmanned buff on his/her team, and immediately switch to another map.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

This is true. If I see an enemy with an outmanned buff, and they have some property to take, I make kitten sure my side knows about it.

Simple fix really. Make it so only the player that has the buff up can see it. Allowing the enemy to know your numbers without having to scout takes strategy away from the game.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

remove outmanned buff

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Not only from the enemy side – it’s common for a player to enter a map, see the outmanned buff on his/her team, and immediately switch to another map.

My guild looks for the outmanned buff, so we can be on that map.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Out manned buff should be renamed to the PvDoor buff, problem solved.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I’d love to see Outmanned removed, or made invisible or something. Not only for the reasons pointed out above, but I play a Mesmer, and Outmanned instantly reveals the real me, rendering my clones completely useless.

Anyone capable of targeting you to check should have the wherewithal to figure it out anyway. Most mesmer’s may as well wear signs over their heads.

Will the real Slim Shadey please dodge now? Or strafe, or disable autocast, lol

But I agree it should be removed from sight. I believe the original intention was to give some sort of warning “this player may be tougher than they appear.”
But even then, you are trying to give them an advantage, let them have that advantage secretly.