Outmanned Buff

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’d love to see this fixed and scaled to the balance of forces in a map. At present it’s a farming badge, it basically says ‘go farm some monsters’ and encourages the small number of people you have on the map to kill mobs instead of people.

I’d like to see either a damage or a defence buff or both- nothing OP but enough that it encourages people to try something on that map and maybe get something started.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

When outmanned, repair costs should be zero.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

Great suggestion Roo.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

Ppl would abuse that and left game in primetime with all eq damadged to repair it for free when they have outmanned buff. Better would be to prevent eq from taking dmg while having outmanned buff. And as for the first post – there should be defensive bonus.

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Ok so in principle, no repairs while outmanned, even if the details need tuned.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

+Magic Find
+Exp
+Karma

I don’t see how the outmanned buff actually helps you…

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

When out manned, there should be a single weapon drop in the spawn that lasts for 10mins.

It could be like an ele Volcanus drop or something, but grant like +1000 power and a temp Commander tag.
Anyone should be able to pick it up and should respawn if that person logs off or moves map.

Call it Excalibur or something. Maybe it could look like Infinite light the sword.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

+Magic Find
+Exp
+Karma

I don’t see how the outmanned buff actually helps you…

I think it’s designed to incentivise more people to enter the map, to take advantage of the increased rewards.

Unfortunately it probably doesnt work so well, because you don’t manage to kill or take stuff that easily when outmanned.

I guess another bonus should be, “If you die whilst outmanned, your armor does not suffer damage.”

Maybe another bonus could be, “during outmanned, you get guaranteed honor badges from every player/npc kill and every event.”

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

When out manned, there should be a single weapon drop in the spawn that lasts for 10mins.

It could be like an ele Volcanus drop or something, but grant like +1000 power and a temp Commander tag.
Anyone should be able to pick it up and should respawn if that person logs off or moves map.

Call it Excalibur or something. Maybe it could look like Infinite light the sword.

Better not…remember those people that find it funny to jump down cliffs while sitting in a golem? Yeah, exactly that people would pick up said sword and start doing the JP with it.

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Someone in another thread suggested that if you have the Outmanned buff, that your AE spells are not capped at 5 targets and are instead unlimited.

I am not sure as to the feasibility of that from a coding/programming standpoint (I have no idea if non-siege AE is “hard coded” at the 5 target limit, etc.) but I thought it was definitely interesting.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Great suggestion Roo.

I secondthird this motion.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Once there is a progression system in place in WvW, these problems will likely no longer even be an issue. Even PvE’rs that I know say they’d WvW if there was some personal gain from it or some progression.

~Shadowkat

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

When outmanned, each person should have their own personal armoured tank spawn in front of them for their personal enjoyment.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Dominura.3657

Dominura.3657

Its useless, you should get buffs to make you stronger, based on how many people you have and how many each of the other servers have. I would like to see an engineer fire turret kill a zerg.

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: SuiRyuJin.4615

SuiRyuJin.4615

provide the old orb buff as the outmanned buff. and move the current outmanned buff into orb buff when it comes back. maybe have outmanned on a timer so that u started with single orb buff, then say 30min later, its double orb, then triple.

Suiryujin – Ele [Pyro]
Server: Maguuma

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

WvW already has the ‘upscaling’ system working for lower levels.

Outmanned should use the same system but go beyond 80!

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Just do the hot join method,move guys from the outnumbering team onto the outmanned team…:P

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

WvW already has the ‘upscaling’ system working for lower levels.

Outmanned should use the same system but go beyond 80!

Neat idea.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

outmanned should not apply to EB map – this should be the map that determines winning and loosing

on borderlands I like another suggestion (sorry cant find the link) but it was something where the more of your home borderland was lost the less damage you took from invaders

Outmanned Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

remove outmanned buff,its unbalanced