Outnumbered 50% Participation

in WvW

Posted by: masterfan.8375

masterfan.8375

Can somebody explain it to me how is this supposed to work exactly?

I have 195 normal participation and I also have ‘Outnumbered’ buff which should give me additional 50% of participation. And here comes the problem, that additional 50% is non existent.

My reward track XP was 204 and after 5 minutes it turned to 399 (which is that 195 of normal participation). So my question is does that bonus 50% even work? By any logic I should get additional 50% of 195, which is 97.5. So in total it should be 292.5.

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

It’s probably capped at 195, after all, Anet doesn’t want players to take advantage of the outmanned buff. You should AFK for a while and see if it stays at 195 or drops.

If it’s a mistake then we’ll probably get a patch saying there’s been a text change to the tooltip.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Participation is not reward track progress, it is the anonymity by o participation to reach each tier of reward track bonus

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

If I understand it correctly, participation is capped through normal means at 195% which includes the Outnumbered Effect. But it can be increased by the use of boosters (50%) and the guild buff (3-10%).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

Outnumbered does not appear to give an added effect towards participation, it just lets you get to 195% faster (w/o boosts), wouldn’t mind if this was changed to increase activity on outnumbered maps.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Its just a carrot on a stick so you will stay around for the facerolling. Match ups are all about the special friends and servers at the top…..

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Participation is not reward track progress, it is the anonymity by o participation to reach each tier of reward track bonus

Quite sure this is correct:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outnumbered
+50% participation

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Booster
+50% reward track in PVP/WvW

So the 195 is reward track points, participation is what increases the amount of reward track points maxing out at a base 195 with the experience booster and guild WvW reward track booster being the 2 effects that affect that value and raise it to a max possible 312 IIRC.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its “gain participation faster” not “get more reward track progress every 5 minutes”

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It did be nice if it change to increase participation by 50, exceeding the cap.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com