Outnumbered buff.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

“Take no armour damage on death”
Oh really.. Perhaps you could change the buff a bit to something we dont already have ty?
Like 25% more power or condi, stuff we can do something with.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Should be “No longer limits on AOE effects”

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Jagadid.4072

Jagadid.4072

Removing limits on AOE effects, buffing control NPCs; literally anything lynchpin like walls and gates or siege engines or players would do a lot to make the outnumbered buff (which should scale with proportionate outnumberedness) actually worth something.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

This is a fun idea.
But 10 ele’s with that buff on doing metoer shower thats gone be messing up 80man blobs.

But double the Aoe limit on all skills would be interesting.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is a fun idea.
But 10 ele’s with that buff on doing metoer shower thats gone be messing up 80man blobs.

How about “All non-damage effects have no limits.”

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

YES!!!!!!! This times a thousands! It would give the outnumbered side a fighting chance while not being as server heavy as if used by too many at the same time.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

This is a fun idea.

How about “All non-damage effects have no limits.”

How would that work? All buff you mean?

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

How about free NPC scout in each objective who spams enemy numbers in chat like in DAoC?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They need to bring in some MOBA elements in WvW to help compensate for the coverage issues. Like when outnumbered your structures are guarded by an army of siege razors and the lord is replaced by tequatl type stuff.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

They need to bring in some MOBA elements in WvW to help compensate for the coverage issues. Like when outnumbered your structures are guarded by an army of siege razors and the lord is replaced by tequatl type stuff.

laughs

Would love this for a sneak attack event! I can just imagine a server callin to its guild “PvE’ers, we’re in trouble we need help, Tequatl just spawned in WvW! Please send reinforcements!”

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

How about free NPC scout in each objective who spams enemy numbers in chat like in DAoC?

Please no. Nothing good was learned from DAoC accept how to screw up realm v realm pvp by alloying loads of Crowd Control… of wait…

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Forget armor damage, the extra magic find is clearly the most genius part of the outnumbered buff. The devs obviously meant for us to find precursors which we could then use to bribe other players to join our server.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Making it WAY too complicated. Outnumber Buff: give the outnumbered a substantial boost in basic stats. If I gotta fight 3-1 odds, gimme 3-1 stats (not really but the idea). Make the game about teamwork n skill, not numbers. And of course numbers will always matter, as drawing number IS a skill. But coordinated numbers vs a blob of pve’ers… WVW should be for people that want to fight other people in a coordinated effort, where people play to the best extent of their class and role.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

Making it WAY too complicated. Outnumber Buff: give the outnumbered a substantial boost in basic stats. If I gotta fight 3-1 odds, gimme 3-1 stats (not really but the idea). Make the game about teamwork n skill, not numbers. And of course numbers will always matter, as drawing number IS a skill. But coordinated numbers vs a blob of pve’ers… WVW should be for people that want to fight other people in a coordinated effort, where people play to the best extent of their class and role.

Why not? The only reason WvW is a total mess is because of players flocking to the most populated WvW servers so they can reside within the safety of the unstoppable blob.

I of course say this as I just logged off after being relentlessly farmed by up levels (of which there were 3 times as many of them as us). I really don’t see the point of making a game where the winning formula is: ridiculous numbers + spamming #1 = guaranteed victory against anything not as big as you.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

As much as I would LOVE to one shot every other roamer when I get the outnumbered buff, I think that your solution would be devastating for small scale WvW.

What could be done in the other hand is giving the outnumbered players a larger supply capacity (15 instead of 10, without the additional 5 for the upgrade), and a better siege effectiveness (more damage to doors, walls, faster golems, faster AC, you name it). That way you would not be able to win a zerg vs zerg (numbers SHOULD matter in these type of fights, and winning should be easy if you’re at least in a 2-1 proportion, otherwise it’s just immersion-breaking), but you could very well defend the objectives you have, and discreetly take a tower or two.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

How about 50% increase to health, damage, speed, casting…
Siege cannot deteriorate…
Your waypoints cannot be contested…
Outnumbering force doesn’t have downed state…
Increase healing or rezzing speed…

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Sorel.4870

You’d make small scale combat absolutely unplayable.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Alteros.3019

You’d make small scale combat absolutely unplayable.

Perhaps, but small scale combat as it is currently is in WvW is totally unplayable on most servers. Havoc squads have no chance of doing squatola against the never ending blob(s) running around. And, if I may be so impudent as to say to those who enjoy roaming in WvW: If one is looking to do solely small scale combat (I think generally defined as being in groups of 5 or less) in WvW and nothing else…perhaps they’re playing the wrong aspect of the game. They’d be better served playing PvP or the new stronghold mechanic they’re coming out with which at least at face value looks like a balanced experience.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

How about outnumbered for X amount of time, ticks a supply drop of [use within x minutes or lose it] siege blueprints that require no supply?

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Oh really.. Perhaps you could change the buff a bit to something we dont already have ty?

No, that creates an unfair advantage to players, regardless of numbers, would you like to go against a thief with that buff?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Alteros.3019

No, that creates an unfair advantage to players, regardless of numbers, would you like to go against a thief with that buff?

Um…I and the people on my server play against no less than 3:1 odds on a good day. Is that fair to us?

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Um…I and the people on my server play against no less than 3:1 odds on a good day. Is that fair to us?

Thats not a problem on anets end, they cant force people on your server, or to play on your server’s wvw. To suggest Anet give such a buff creates an unfair advantage and imbalance, you cant just look at your server when proposing suggestions that affect everyone.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Alteros.3019

Thats not a problem on anets end, they cant force people on your server, or to play on your server’s wvw. To suggest Anet give such a buff creates an unfair advantage and imbalance, you cant just look at your server when proposing suggestions that affect everyone.

I beg to differ because it is going to be Anet’s growing problem. Just because you have, I’m guessing, a great WvW experience doesn’t mean everyone is. Actually, a lot of people aren’t. And while the gross population inequities across multiple servers are primarily caused by the players themselves, the system Anet put into place allowed the current fiasco to occur. I don’t expect them to forcefully shuffle players from one server to the next, but unless they fix the miserable match ups the downward spiral will continue. I’m also sure Anet would be loathe to close servers because that’s a death knell for an MMO and will make new players think twice about joining GW2. More players will continue to leave WvW and those who still play transfer to more populated servers ad nauseum until you have a very small hard core group of players (assuming they’re not bored with the whole thing by then) and a bunch of “dead” servers.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

X T D.6458

you dont seem to understand the difference between subjective and objective opinion. My experience and your experiences have no relevance on the OP’s suggestion regarding a power/condi buff for outnumbered, its a balance issue. If both enemy servers have 60 players on the map and your server has 50 does that outnumbered buff to give an extra +25% dmg as the OP suggested balanced?

I play on outnumbered maps too, yes believe it or not they do occur on t1. I dont expect to cap a keep but I do small stuff, take a camp, ruins, sentries, maybe a tower if there are a couple other people with me etc, heck sometimes we sneak in a keep capture. But if I run into someone having a +25% power/condi buff on myself would be an unfair advantage which serves no purpose. No armor damage gives no real advantage, since armor repairs are free its just a small convenience.

Population imbalances are in large part due to player actions. Much as I would love to lay a lot of blame on anet, and I do for certain things like seasons, neglect of wvw community etc, and to much eotm focus, etc. Its players that decide to move or stay, anet doesnt force anyone in or out. I’ve been doing WvW for over 2 years and I have pretty much seen everything including watching my former server go from #1 all the way to last place, and in the process watching everyone jump ship when things got bad, the same people who caused the problems were the ones that bailed when things got bad. Which is their option to choose, if your not having fun feel free to find a new environment to try out.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Well even a thief alone cannot stop the 3:1 outnumbered when he has this buff. A small zerg walking all over a BL without anything able to touch them doesnt sound like a good way to enjoy wvw either. So perhaps I would like that 25% boost of the thief so he or she would be able to make a difference against a small zerg.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Some people want to play outnumbered. That buff should never give any stat buffs, Bloodlust already does that and should be changed not to.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Alteros.3019

Some people want to play outnumbered. That buff should never give any stat buffs, Bloodlust already does that and should be changed not to.

Please join ET, you’ll love it here. We haven’t seen an even fight in months.

Outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Sorel.4870

Perhaps, but small scale combat as it is currently is in WvW is totally unplayable on most servers. Havoc squads have no chance of doing squatola against the never ending blob(s) running around. And, if I may be so impudent as to say to those who enjoy roaming in WvW: If one is looking to do solely small scale combat (I think generally defined as being in groups of 5 or less) in WvW and nothing else…perhaps they’re playing the wrong aspect of the game. They’d be better served playing PvP or the new stronghold mechanic they’re coming out with which at least at face value looks like a balanced experience.

Most players play different aspects of the game. Roaming solo in WvW is very different from structured pvp: you have no team for a start, so you can really relax and play however you want. The thing is, WvW is the most sandbox-ish game mode in this game: you can roam, havoc, zerg, scout, even craft there! You’re already complaining about population imbalance, it wouldn’t be a good idea to encourage certain players to play other game modes. I’m sure there is a solution that won’t make an important percentage of the player base quit the Mists.