Overlay app and live map for WvW 2016

in WvW

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

A lot of overlay programs and Overwolf plugins players use to look up WvW status while ingame stopped working since HoT’s release and Alpine BL’s re-release. So if you’re looking for a map that shows you the current RI objective timers, lets you place siege and test out firing and portal ranges, and shows your character on the map for use on a second monitor, you can try this overlay:

Video Demo - Download the Overlay - Screenshot Guide

Or use the website version:
English Live Map
Deutsch Live Map
Español Live Map
Français Live Map

The overlay is basically a browser that shows a zoomable web map. It uses only APIs and data ArenaNet provided, and the website itself was promoted by ArenaNet. If you rather not use an overlay, you can just look up the website. You can pick your server at the bottom right corner; if you pick a EU server the scoreboard up top will show a leaderboard for the region’s servers.

Attachments:

(edited by Drant.5902)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Sorry, not installing the bug laden JAVA for this. Write the overlay not using JAVA then I might.

in WvW

Drant.5902

You may be mistaking the Java web plugin for the Java programing language’s runtime. The overlay needs the runtime like Minecraft needing Java, or other programs you install that had “C++ Redistributable” or “.NET Framework”.

Again, all the features is still available on the website’s WvW map if you prefer.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i dunno about anyone else, but i’m downloading this the second i get home, and i’ve already posted it on my guild forum, and my server forum to spread the word.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I prefer to just leave a browser window open to the website as the overlay being in Java leaves much to be desired in regards to performance. It is a fantastic website with a great live map so kudos for the recommendation.

I don’t use any kind of overlay software or anything, so I have no measurable/anecdotal experience with performance losses, but depending on how the code is written, java code can match that of compiled C++. Java’s JIT compiler is absolutely amazing when utilized properly.

in WvW

katz.8376

this is how i’m using it right now...

is there an option (or can one be added) to have it auto-swap WvW maps without needing to have the "follow game character" checked?

Attachments:

in WvW

Drant.5902

I’ve changed the follow character checkbox to a set of radio buttons with the options: “Off”, “Character”, and “Zone”. The “Zone” option will automatically center-view the map on the borderlands you’re currently in. The “Off” and “Character” option is same as the old unchecked/checked follow character option, which center-views directly on your character’s pin.

I noticed that you have a short monitor and want to keep the native GW2 map open. Is the size of your overlay window setup ample? Should the digital clock be hideable too? Also, if you didn’t know already, you can hide the menu bar above the overlay by right clicking the “G” letter on the top left corner of the overlay; that’ll give you more vertical space you need. You can bring the menu bar back by alt-tabbing back to the overlay again.

Attachments:

in WvW

katz.8376

awesome! this is what i got now...

Attachments:

in WvW

Drant.5902

The map uses Anet’s API, which may take a long time to update after the Alpine Borderlands are patched back into the game. I can workaround this by adding an image overlay of the alpine BLs over the desert BLs.

in WvW

Drant.5902

You can now see all the servers pairing by looking at the scoreboard. NA reset hasn’t started yet so you’ll only see single servers if you’ve selected a NA server.

You can hide the leaderboard by clicking the two vertical arrows icon on the top left.

Attachments:

in WvW

Drant.5902

Linked EU servers not showing up on the scoreboard and live map will be fixed soon.

in WvW

Drant.5902

I’ve added the Alpine objectives to Tuesday’s ABL re-release. Anet hasn’t updated the map background to Alpine, so I might add a custom image later.

in WvW

Drant.5902

The Alpine map tiles have returned thanks to Anet devs.

Attachments: