Overlook INNER can be trebbed from Anz Cliff

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

Clearly, the other 2 keeps in EBG don’t have as serious problems as this because the cliffs in front of Anzalis are way too easy to defend….sure Let them treb the outer wall but the ability to treb the inner wall from the cliffs is a huge disadvantage to anyone that happens to have Overlook during that week.
Judging by the ridiculous advantages that exist in HoT over original classes still….I dont expect anything to come of it but in the interest of fair play this needs to be addressed….Make the edges of thecliffs in front of Anz siege free zones far enough back so that you can only Treb the outer wall….

in WvW

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

I mean you can counter treb, and use shield gens. The other team is using open field siege which can be hit from OW and by mortars from keep as well.

And if the build shield gens to cover their siege, then yeah you’re gonna have to go push them. You aren’t meant to defend from a sustained attack indefinitely.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Oh noes… Someone can use siege from an open field spot… Whatever next?

Don’t tell me they shouldn’t be allowed to attack anything unless you already have an equal opposing force inside and plenty of counter siege?

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Sounds to me like they’re begging for a portal bomb wipe…

Edit: also a good spot for a couple supply traps

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Each keep has it’s own advantages and disadvantages. Overlook probably has the best defensive advantages of the bunch. Rams can’t hit both of the double gates. Arrow carts are easily and safely deployed at the double gates as well with very few ways of taking them down. Same with the watergate…which gives ample chokepoints for defenders to take advantage of. In terms of walls it also has a huge advantage over the others …which can have inner and outer taken down by 1 cata placement (potentially 1 exception where this can be done at overlook).

So assuming it is a bit unfair they can place treb in a way that has a height advantage and can hit both inner and outer….you still have no feasible argument.

Like fellfoot said though: Get up on that cliff and toss siege disablers on the enemy shield generators! They work on them toooo! 30 seconds of no shield will allow your inner mortars to make short work on those treb. And if you don’t have inner mortars? pretty easy to get some of your own trebs up!
If you had a zerg or highly organized group you wouldn’t be posting here….you would just bomb it over and over till it was dead.

That’s really all your complaint is: you are complaining that someone setting up a treb on open ground is op or ‘wrong’.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I actually prefer Overlook to any keep on EB map, mostly for the reason the OP indicates.

You can see them running up the hill, like ants to a picnic, long before the trebs get built.

Just build a counter treb faster, get on mortars …. and thwart their dreams.

They’re sitting ducks on top of that vista cliff. Nowhere else on map is as easily defensible.

If you’re slow to the draw and they’ve had enough time to wipe all your mortars, then your scouting is lacking.

Here’s an old placement that may help you: In between the Charr’s paws, place a treb, they can’t hit you, but you can hit them.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Sm can treb 6 diferent towers
SM OP

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You can treb North, SW and SE inner keeps from an easily defendable position inside a freakin tower. I fail to see how this is a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Think of this as counterbalance for being able to treb stonemist from overlook keep. And do be ready to counter builds that you see go up on that cliff.

Open field siege vs protected siege too.

We get counter sieged way too fast in T1. That vista mountain is way too easy to shoot at.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Overlook can Treb SM from the comfort of their armchair but there isn’t a problem there?

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

All EBG keep inners can be CATAPULTED from a tower. That is way more significant than trebbing open field.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

build your own treb on op of the stairs and clear them out.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015