Oversights with the 'new' EB JP instance.

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

I’m not sure why Anet decided to split if off, it has more pvp fights then EB itself which is just zergblobs. But regardless there is defiantly oversights that could do with being fixed.
The Ori ore nodes are gone, There is no way to repair your gear in the JP. So if you spend long time PvPing and you need to repair you have to leave the instance to repair then Re-Queue for EB again which just seems stupid beyond thought.

Not sure these are changes Anet done(maybe another money grab for gem-store repair canisters) or just oversights.

And a lesser problem and not one I have a problem with but does seem very unfair Is that the way-points aren’t safe at all, you can get Mesmer pulled down from them every spawn, or get range AoE’d. Not a big deal but just seems bit silly. It didn’t matter back when you would spawn at lowlands but kinda does now.

(edited by Yoke.4671)

in WvW

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

Should also make the JP map queueable without having to enter EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

They changed it because majority of the WvW community hated the fact that carebears filled up queues in EB just to do the jumping puzzle.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Not sure these are changes Anet done(maybe another money grab for gem-store repair canisters) or just oversights.

Yes, it’s diabolical. Anet forced you to be bad at PvP so that you would die a lot and feel compelled to purchase their gem-store repair canisters… muahahaha.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

No, access to the JP is reward for holding at least one garnison on the eternal battlegrounds.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

No, access to the JP is reward for holding at least one garnison on the eternal battlegrounds.

Didn’t know that, then i don’t get it why they made it a different map.

Anyway, doesn’t prevent them from making the JP queuable only when you have the garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

They changed it because majority of the WvW community hated the fact that carebears filled up queues in EB just to do the jumping puzzle.

Ye except its mainly PVP that is done in the JP. Far more PVE is done in EB itself with zergs rubbing gates all night.

Yes, it’s diabolical. Anet forced you to be bad at PvP so that you would die a lot and feel compelled to purchase their gem-store repair canisters… muahahaha.

I can assure you the people dueling and fighting in the JP are far more skilled then your average zergling out in EB.

Valid point, but bit moot now seeing as how the JP works now since Anet changed it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

If jump puzzle was a reward it should be accessed from SM only.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

The Ori ore nodes are gone, There is no way to repair your gear in the JP.

I was never into JP pvp (in fact, I thought it was deplorable that some people would hunt down innocent puzzle-goers, or camp in impossible to reach places while raining death from above) so I would always just strip off my armor completely and make a beeline for the mystic fountain. Of course, with the Orichalcum gone, it’s not even worth it- 15ish badges and a couple blueprints is not worth working my way up the puzzle, naked and invisible, often getting camped at the chandelier room.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping