Overwolf challenge

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Apparently Anet supports and wants us to use Overwolf:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/take-the-overwolf-guild-wars-2-wvw-app-challenge/

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This was news to me. I am more inclined to try Overwolf now.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I want an app that commanders can connect to that presents a map and cmdr positions and can be used to draw orders on. There’s an app there that uses the mumble API to find out the locations of your friends and show them.

Little red Lioka

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

Id love an APP that tracks the HP of every member of your squad, With boons etc.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Id love an APP that tracks the HP of every member of your squad, With boons etc.

You mean like a proper raid UI like every other MMO in the past 15 years?

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I want an app that commanders can connect to that presents a map and cmdr positions and can be used to draw orders on. There’s an app there that uses the mumble API to find out the locations of your friends and show them.

Not quite sure how it works, since I haven’t tried it, but I stumbled upon this in the API forum earlier: http://gw2co.net/#home. Not exactly what you asked for, but it sounds close.

Looks like you have to have everyone on it that wants to participate or something (it mentions something about joining “channels”), but it could work nice if multiple people are using it. I’m hoping that more WvW overlays come out because of this contest; a lot of the ones that exist are outdated and don’t work anymore.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Been using Overwolf since it was in late development. Only recommend if you can put up with constant crashes.

As for WvW apps… I need an overlay for timers that works, doesn’t crash and actually shows the right RI timer…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Any apps of Overwolf should come already in the game, made it by arenanet, not by the community.

Anet is who limited this game to NOT USE addons. Well, do your job.

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

As for WvW apps… I need an overlay for timers that works, doesn’t crash and actually shows the right RI timer…

http://wuvoverlay.codeplex.com/

give it a try, remember it shows bad timers for first few minutes.
Its like you need to be on a map when camp is flipped to show correct timer. Then it works great.

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Been using Overwolf since it was in late development. Only recommend if you can put up with constant crashes.

If Overwolf is constantly crashing your game, then something is very wrong with your installation of Overwolf and I’d highly suggest to email me your logs at Ari.Cashriel@Overwolf.com so we can fix that.

We constantly test Overwolf with GW2 and it should not do that at all.

Here’s a link explaining how to find your logs:
http://feedback.overwolf.com/knowledgebase/articles/356475-how-to-sending-logs

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Anet is who limited this game to NOT USE addons. Well, do your job.

This is not true. The ToS policy is that third-party software is unsupported by ANet, which includes the consequences of using them. Additionally, third-party software that leverages an unintended access to GW2.exe memory space (RAM) or data on hard disk, is bannable.

The GW2 API does not fall in this category. ANet will not support third-party apps for it, but will not ban for using it.

The GW2 Mumble positional audio data file does not fall in this category. ANet will not support third-party apps for it, but will not ban for using it.

Overwolf does not fall in this category. ANet will not support third-party apps for it, but will not ban for using it.

TeamSpeak does not fall in this category. ANet will not support third-party apps for it, but will not ban for using it.

All of that said: if GW2 gets in the way of one of those things working properly, and it is ANet’s fault, there is still a chance that they will “support” it by fixing the problem on their end.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

Overwolf challenge

in WvW

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ugh…I tried Overwolf. It was buggy as hell and just got in the way. Fortunately, I run dual monitor, so I can just keep TS open in the other window to see who’s talking.