PIPS Reset each week?

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

People in game tell me pips reset each week.

I just re-read the release notes on the release forum and don’t see that said in there. Am I blind?

I’m not very happy that I was part way through Mithril last night and today I’m back to Wood. At the very least we should be able to get to the end of the whole track (just like the reward tracks), before starting over. As a very old time player this seriously burns my butt. I play this game every day and more than 90% of my time is in WvW.

Come on ANet.. please make it so that we can at least get all the way through the track before starting over.

(oh and please don’t tell me to read through all the tldr stuff that’s splattered through these forums.. :P )

… just call me … Tim :)

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

You got to mithril in the part of a week that the patch was active so i don’t see any issue with being able to get there in a full weeks gameplay

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, you missed my point I think.. I can get to mithril pretty quick… what I’m not happy about is NOT being able to finish the whole track before being forced to start over.

Edit: oohhh.. nm.. I see what you’re saying… the patch came in on Tuesday… yes you’re right… facepalm!

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

but I still want to be able to get to the end of the track before having it reset… if I have to take a few days off it sucks to lose that progress.

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The only thing I’ve really seen that was confusing and didn’t get alot of communication about in the track is how many pips you needed for loyalty. Resetting of the track was broadcast pretty profusely as far as I remember, it even says in the summary on your ui how many days you have left to complete it.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

That’s what I get for not reading!

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

The only thing I’ve really seen that was confusing and didn’t get alot of communication about in the track is how many pips you needed for loyalty. Resetting of the track was broadcast pretty profusely as far as I remember, it even says in the summary on your ui how many days you have left to complete it.

If you look on the new menu showing you the pips there is a little tab just above the pips called ‘Legend’ it will tell you how all pips are gained and how many pips each item gives. I believe loyalty is 1 pip but not in-game to confirm right now.

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i hope it dont reset or it will be impossible to reach the last box for me

I took an arrow to the knee

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

If you look on the new menu showing you the pips there is a little tab just above the pips called ‘Legend’ it will tell you how all pips are gained and how many pips each item gives. I believe loyalty is 1 pip but not in-game to confirm right now.

I wasn’t referring to how many pips you are rewarded for loyality, I was referring to how many pips and for how long you need to earn them to prove loyality.

Last statement was 100 pips (or all of wood) for 3 weeks.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

I wasn’t referring to how many pips you are rewarded for loyality, I was referring to how many pips and for how long you need to earn them to prove loyality.

Last statement was 100 pips (or all of wood) for 3 weeks.

Ah my bad misunderstood your statement. reading comp ftl lol.

There was a video stream recently with McKenna(sp?) where I believe it was stated they were going to drop it to 1 week to ‘earn’ the loyalty bonus pip but I will have to go back to the video and double check.

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

The solution here isn’t to cater to casuals more than Anet already has. The solution, instead, is actually to work harder at making your server better so that you get more pips per time (a new PPT if you will). You can get up to 3 just for having the top war score. You also get more for being a higher rank (bronze, silver, gold etc.). But if Anet just rewards you for playing and not improving, then you won’t improve, and that’s catering to bad players or casual ones (no matter their skill). You can still get to Mithril in a week, which isn’t bad. Diamond should be reserved for the winning server and/or players who play a lot.

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The solution here isn’t to cater to casuals more than Anet already has. The solution, instead, is actually to work harder at making your server better so that you get more pips per time (a new PPT if you will). You can get up to 3 just for having the top war score. You also get more for being a higher rank (bronze, silver, gold etc.). But if Anet just rewards you for playing and not improving, then you won’t improve, and that’s catering to bad players or casual ones (no matter their skill). You can still get to Mithril in a week, which isn’t bad. Diamond should be reserved for the winning server and/or players who play a lot.

Specifically here, the solution is to convince ANet to start launching their patches at the same time as the WvW week rolls over :p

Getting the very first chest was supposed to be a bit of a pinch; you had less than half a week to do it. Way easier from now.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Reserving Diamond for the winners only would definitely encourage more bandwagoning than ever.

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

but I still want to be able to get to the end of the track before having it reset… if I have to take a few days off it sucks to lose that progress.

Sorry you can’t take days off, WvW is work.

PIPS Reset each week?

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Sorry you can’t take days off, WvW is work.

lol