PPK Permanent

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

Title says it all, please bring back PPK and make it a permanent feature of wvw.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

My google-power has failed me and I’m new. What’s PPK? I assume points per kill, but how does that work? The more people you kill the more points you get? And how would that fix balance issues on servers as everyone always says “PPK would fix it!”

Because they way I look at it, if there’s low to no population, I can see PPK being helpful. No one to defend so you don’t get as many points stealing all their stuff. But what if you have enough players to run on a map, but not enough to hold it? Getting farmed by a larger blob would net more points for the enemy no? And wouldn’t this mean the best thing to do if you can’t beat the blob, is not play?

And thus why I’d like some explanation on PPK. While my thoughts on it give it strengths, it doesn’t seem to me to fix the underlying population imbalances. Though, I honestly feel, nothing will fix that.

Edit: I tried to type like kungfu but with google in the world instead of kung… anet doesn’t likekitten

(edited by Coyote.7031)

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

PPK is one point per kill and two per stomp if your server has bloodlust. The PPK system encouraged earning points through PvP rather than PvD.

I don’t recall anyone, regardless of which server they were on, complaining about PPK.

Jade Quarry since Beta

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

with ppk, ppl will ensure they won’t die and always go in large groups. well that would end my solo roaming career or go full run away cheese tank mode.

[SA]

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

with ppk, ppl will ensure they won’t die and always go in large groups. well that would end my solo roaming career or go full run away cheese tank mode.

Or we’ll go play some other PvP game.

“Honey, does this spaceship make me look fat?”

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

Title says it all, please bring back PPK and make it a permanent feature of wvw.

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

Except PPK already happened and it turned out nothing like this. In fact, it was probably the opposite. People were out more often. There were more smaller groups as well as soloers. Fighting became higher staked, and people fought harder, making is far more exciting. People learnt and adapted to opponents build/tactics. Fighting really made a difference and PvD coverage was countered by actual PvP gameplay. If you died, you thought of ways to improve, or, “get gud”.

PPK Permanent

in WvW

oneply.9586

Except PPK already happened and it turned out nothing like this. In fact, it was probably the opposite. People were out more often. There were more smaller groups as well as soloers. Fighting became higher staked, and people fought harder, making is far more exciting. People learnt and adapted to opponents build/tactics. Fighting really made a difference and PvD coverage was countered by actual PvP gameplay. If you died, you thought of ways to improve, or, “get gud”.

this was my experience as well. now that its gone its going back to the PvD zergs.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This sounds like a bit of an exaggeration. Omni-blob bag farming was certainly a thing. Roaming consisted of 5-8 man groups and the occasional condi spec’d solo’s. There certain was a “Bring friends” theme going on. Since that’s the most immediate remedy to losing a fight. There absolutely was a lot of “Get the heck away from the blob and stop feeding them points!” post’s in map chat.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I prefer some form of ppk myself. It seemed points to all who tagged (if that was true) might be a bit much, but some version of ppk is good IMHO. If it could be tweaked to assist outnumbered or trailing servers (when trailing by some fixed amount) even better.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I see it different…

The “no-white-swords” + PPK event was FAR my best experience in GW2 WvW… By a mile or so…

(before you ask: T1 server 8-15 havok guild run)

#I no words have"

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Speak for yourself, I found most PPT focused servers avoided more fights when we had PPK (talkig zergs/blobs), the smaller groups had nothing to do with PPK that was no white swords, and again that dpended on the server, for some all that happened is you had more groups or even individuals, but they would run as soon as they faced anything approaching even numbers, then just go off to some other objective to try and cata that down without being discovered.

PPK Permanent

in WvW

oneply.9586

I see it different…

The “no-white-swords” + PPK event was FAR my best experience in GW2 WvW… By a mile or so…

(before you ask: T1 server 8-15 havok guild run)

ya, wvw is getting real boring with both of those gone.
and yes i am T1 as well and do mostly solo to 2-3 people groups.

Speak for yourself, I found most PPT focused servers avoided more fights when we had PPK (talkig zergs/blobs), the smaller groups had nothing to do with PPK that was no white swords, and again that dpended on the server, for some all that happened is you had more groups or even individuals, but they would run as soon as they faced anything approaching even numbers, then just go off to some other objective to try and cata that down without being discovered.

im sure depending on your world or tier everyone had a different experience. at least in JQ, BG, and TC you hardly ever see anyone run from a fight unless they are severely outnumbered. and if they do run from a similar size group its only to recover and come back at you.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I liked PPK as well. I feel it was successful when it was tested. It gave more value to a kill and punished you more for death.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Even though I’m not much of a PvP’er in WvW, I do agree that PPK was an excellent addition and should be brought back permanently. It leveled the playing field a bit between servers that favoured PPT and those that liked to fight.

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

meh i already past the stage of “get gud” took 4 occasions of being outplayed, me going on the gw2 builder to form the perfect build for me, and saying to myself “what can i change to improve”.
On the ppk part, i usually solo roam and all i see are groups of 3-5 people running around at the time. Sometimes with even numbers they run into camps filled with siege and proceed to shoot acs for long duration of time. I did have other similar experiences but thats just my experiences.

[SA]

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

the gw2 score still updates the PPK

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

The “not from tick” score also includes yaks, sentries, and bloodlust stomps—it was impossible to judge how much of that included PPK during the sneak attack event.

Jade Quarry since Beta

PPK Permanent

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

The “not from tick” score also includes yaks, sentries, and bloodlust stomps—it was impossible to judge how much of that included PPK during the sneak attack event.

There was a significant increase in the ‘not-from-tick’ percentages during those PPK weeks.. which dropped back to old levels after the test. My experience of PPK test was very positive.

One factor no-one has mentioned is that during that time, GvG oriented guilds were actually very useful to the PPT aspect of the game.. their scrims and matches were contributing.

I’m on the bring it back permanently camp. (Not necessarily white swords bit tho – I think the jury is still out on that).

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)