PPK needs to be increased

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Since the recent update of upgraded structures giving more points PPK, even during prime hours except for reset(nothing is upgraded) has been pretty useless. There is no reason a server with a 2.0 kdr with mass amount of kills should lose a match. That means the other server is getting rolled and needs to be shown through the score. 5-10 points per kill should do the trick.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Scoring in WvW cannot be based largely on PPK because it is a 24/7 gamemode, and there aren’t always people to fight for points. You cannot simply look at your server, but gamewide across all servers. Structures can always be captured, lost, and upgraded they don’t go anywhere therefore it makes sense to make them the larger factor in scoring. PPK can already make a bigger impact on scores thanks to skirmishes and with bloodlust you can add more points, it can make a huge difference in a very short amount of time, literally hundreds of points in minutes can be acquired thanks to PPK and bloodlust.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Sarge.9730

Sarge.9730

Scoring in WvW cannot be based largely on PPK because it is a 24/7 gamemode, and there aren’t always people to fight for points. You cannot simply look at your server, but gamewide across all servers. Structures can always be captured, lost, and upgraded they don’t go anywhere therefore it makes sense to make them the larger factor in scoring. PPK can already make a bigger impact on scores thanks to skirmishes and with bloodlust you can add more points, it can make a huge difference in a very short amount of time, literally hundreds of points in minutes can be acquired thanks to PPK and bloodlust.

What he said, in addition I don’t feel that a server should we rewarded for ignoring objectives and spawn camping for instance which would become highly beneficial if PPK were the primary source of points.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

PPK increases encourage server stacking and blobbing. It discourages even numbered fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Dying should cost something (maybe 5g/death) so people wouldn’t die like idiots whole time. Smart players stay inside keep and towers and use siege.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

X T D.6458

Also have to keep in mind how point distribution works. Points from PPK are instant, points from PPT are added in timed intervals with some exceptions. Making PPK too much of a factor in scoring can produce a large imbalance and can greatly impact skirmishes by creating a runaway score very quickly, to the point of having the ironic effect of discouraging fights for fear of losing points.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What he said, in addition I don’t feel that a server should we rewarded for ignoring objectives and spawn camping for instance which would become highly beneficial if PPK were the primary source of points.

Before the silly change to increase PPT to T3 objectives PPK was reasonably balanced with PPT and that didn’t happen.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Dying should cost something (maybe 5g/death) so people wouldn’t die like idiots whole time. Smart players stay inside keep and towers and use siege.

It would probably take less than 30 minutes for WvW to come to a complete halt.

Well at least people would stop complaining since they will be too busy playing PvE.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Before the silly change to increase PPT to T3 objectives PPK was reasonably balanced with PPT and that didn’t happen.

It wasn’t a silly change, it was a logical change, what sense does it make for a tier 1 paper keep/tower to give the same amount of points as a tier 3 upgraded structure. PPK is still a powerful tool because it can add a ton of points very quickly, PPT is timed and progressive.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

It wasn’t a silly change, it was a logical change, what sense does it make for a tier 1 paper keep/tower to give the same amount of points as a tier 3 upgraded structure. PPK is still a powerful tool because it can add a ton of points very quickly, PPT is timed and progressive.

Logical doesn’t mean good for the game. It was discussed in detail when the change was made. Greater PPT for T2 and T3 objectives leads to bad gameplay.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Since the recent update of upgraded structures giving more points PPK, even during prime hours except for reset(nothing is upgraded) has been pretty useless. There is no reason a server with a 2.0 kdr with mass amount of kills should lose a match. That means the other server is getting rolled and needs to be shown through the score. 5-10 points per kill should do the trick.

No, Omniblobbing shouldn’t be the highest rewarded behavior in WvW. Seeing that you’re from Mag, I can see why you’d ask for that behavior to be rewarded as that’s all Mag does.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Scoring methods drive player behavior, even in a situation where coverage and population are so out of balance that winning/losing means little. Unfortunately, the behaviors they drive aren’t always the ones intended.

in WvW

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

lol 2 steps on how to get a high kdr.

1. Roll over small groups with your map blob.
2. Run from any fight you might lose.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Honestly both approaches have issues, one can argue that PPK being worth more leads to people being even more scared to fight, but I dislike this current system as it encourages backcapping and avoiding fights anyway, this leads us to the question of how can we actually encourage people to fight each other in wvw? The best way to win wvw atm is to not fight at all which is making for extremely stale/boring gameplay.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

jamesdolla.3954

No, Omniblobbing shouldn’t be the highest rewarded behavior in WvW. Seeing that you’re from Mag, I can see why you’d ask for that behavior to be rewarded as that’s all Mag does.

JQ never blobs? all servers blob so that’s a silly point. Everyone blobs and the funnest part of this game is fighting not upgrading keeps. aoe cap, lack of guilds and tags encourages blobbing so nothing we can do about that. If you guys think back capping and siege humping is the way to go then by all means let’s keep it the way it is i guess.

Native Maguuman

(edited by jamesdolla.3954)

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d rather not be encouraged to avoid fun fights. Fun fights being those that are even or where my team is outgunned.

Not a huge fan of the recent scoring change either, taking down a t3 structure should award a ton of points because it takes so long to do. Skirmishes are cool because you can aim to win your playtime bracket even if you can’t win the whole week, but taking down a t3 structure doesn’t reward the current skirmish, it rewards the ones coming later because it eats up so much time in the current skirmish for such a little immediate reward.

I feel like that scoring change should be reverted over adjusting PPK. I do think there was a nice balance with PPK before, but PPK is a dangerous thing as again it can encourage avoiding fights which isn’t much fun.

in WvW

jamesdolla.3954

I’d rather not be encouraged to avoid fun fights. Fun fights being those that are even or where my team is outgunned.

Not a huge fan of the recent scoring change either, taking down a t3 structure should award a ton of points because it takes so long to do. Skirmishes are cool because you can aim to win your playtime bracket even if you can’t win the whole week, but taking down a t3 structure doesn’t reward the current skirmish, it rewards the ones coming later because it eats up so much time in the current skirmish for such a little immediate reward.

I feel like that scoring change should be reverted over adjusting PPK. I do think there was a nice balance with PPK before, but PPK is a dangerous thing as again it can encourage avoiding fights which isn’t much fun.

Taking T3 keeps is easy man. Wait until you’re in the other servers dead timezone.. Why should this be rewarded? Maybe if you did such a thing against equal numbers but that’s going to give a massive advantage to the defending team. PPT is boring and I’m sure most are bored of it now since the game has been out 4 years.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Taking T3 keeps is easy man. Wait until you’re in the other servers dead timezone.. Why should this be rewarded? Maybe if you did such a thing against equal numbers but that’s going to give a massive advantage to the defending team. PPT is boring and I’m sure most are bored of it now since the game has been out 4 years.

Maybe you didn’t understand my point.

Yes taking t3 is easy when it’s undefended, but when it is defended it can take a long time to desiege, drain supply, kill the defenders and then finally cap. And all of that effort now is to the benefit of the next skirmish not the current one. That’s why the scoring change is dumb. It doesn’t fit with the Skirmish scoring change which cuts scoring into pieces allowing you to push to win your bracket even if you can’t win a week.

I agree that PPT is boring, but it doesn’t change that a lot of players seem to prefer it, even on Mag. Rather rally a large force behind arrow carts on SMC than come out and fight. It really seems all servers have at least a certain element of PPT focused play within them and the idea of a true fight server doesn’t really exist.

As someone who wants good fights though, again PPK is a dangerous tool. If it is weighed too heavily you don’t get more fights you get more running. Not enough and it’s just stupid because winning fights should be rewarded, but there’s a line somewhere where it shifts from encouraging fights to encouraging avoiding fights as it risks points, so ANet needs to be careful with it. So again I think the recent changes need adjusting or removal rather than adjust the dangerous scale of PPK.

in WvW

jamesdolla.3954

Maybe you didn’t understand my point.

Yes taking t3 is easy when it’s undefended, but when it is defended it can take a long time to desiege, drain supply, kill the defenders and then finally cap. And all of that effort now is to the benefit of the next skirmish not the current one. That’s why the scoring change is dumb. It doesn’t fit with the Skirmish scoring change which cuts scoring into pieces allowing you to push to win your bracket even if you can’t win a week.

I agree that PPT is boring, but it doesn’t change that a lot of players seem to prefer it, even on Mag. Rather rally a large force behind arrow carts on SMC than come out and fight. It really seems all servers have at least a certain element of PPT focused play within them and the idea of a true fight server doesn’t really exist.

As someone who wants good fights though, again PPK is a dangerous tool. If it is weighed too heavily you don’t get more fights you get more running. Not enough and it’s just stupid because winning fights should be rewarded, but there’s a line somewhere where it shifts from encouraging fights to encouraging avoiding fights as it risks points, so ANet needs to be careful with it. So again I think the recent changes need adjusting or removal rather than adjust the dangerous scale of PPK.

People run no matter what scoring system there is. PPK has no effect on people running from fights. People have been running from fights forever.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

There is no reason a server with a 2.0 kdr with mass amount of kills should lose a match.

Actually there is a reason. It’s called PPT. There are three ways to win. Be good at both PPK/PPT, be amazing at PPK or be amazing at PPT. Anet provides this variety to accommodate people with different play styles and experience. It’s good for the game in the long run.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

ANet should keep changing the PPT rules until Maguuma can get a win! It’s only fair Magswag gets the best KDR NA, best PPT NA, best ktrains NA.

P P T S T R E S S

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

X T D.6458

Logical doesn’t mean good for the game. It was discussed in detail when the change was made. Greater PPT for T2 and T3 objectives leads to bad gameplay.

What exactly is bad about it? It encourages players to choose between attacking and defending and takes away the incentive to just stack a blob on one map if you actually care about winning. Why shouldn’t a server be rewarded more for actually defending and upgrading? Why should a blob be able to ktrain paper keeps and have it be worth the same as tier 3 upgraded keeps like in the past? Paper structures can be flipped in minutes, but fully upgrading a structure can take hours and can involve a lot of defending, scouting, escorting etc. You take down upgraded structures it also means you deny your opponent those points which encourages a lot smarter gameplay and greatly increases the value of small groups which I love as well.

in WvW

Digikid.7230

ANet should keep changing the PPT rules until Maguuma can get a win! It’s only fair Magswag gets the best KDR NA, best PPT NA, best ktrains NA.

P P T S T R E S S

Most maguumans just want to fight enemy players, but the new system doesn’t give an incentive to fight so T1 NA is becoming less and less about fighting enemy players and more about backcapping 24/7, thats where the frustration is coming from.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’ll agree to increased PPK if you agree to map caps of SBI/FA/YB levels of participation.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

P P T S T R E S S

Most maguumans just want to fight enemy players, but the new system doesn’t give an incentive to fight so T1 NA is becoming less and less about fighting enemy players and more about backcapping 24/7, thats where the frustration is coming from.

Then don’t start running as soon as a fight turns sour? Fighting Mag is annoying as heck, since as soon as a fight turns against you, you guys start running for the hills. After it happens a couple of times, you guys just stand behind your walls until everyone gets bored and walks off. Either that, or you guys bring map queues against 20-30 man groups. So much fun, right?

There’s also no way anyone can get 10-20 man fights from mag, since that’s your “roaming squad” size, since all you guys do is stay on EBG with a map queue 24/7

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Digikid.7230

Every sever is annoying to fight in some way… whether it be maguumas voltron blob, BGs extreme pinsniping etc.. Anyway, what does this argument have to do with the current PPT system itself actively discouraging fights?

in WvW

jamesdolla.3954

P P T S T R E S S

Then don’t start running as soon as a fight turns sour? Fighting Mag is annoying as heck, since as soon as a fight turns against you, you guys start running for the hills. After it happens a couple of times, you guys just stand behind your walls until everyone gets bored and walks off. Either that, or you guys bring map queues against 20-30 man groups. So much fun, right?

There’s also no way anyone can get 10-20 man fights from mag, since that’s your “roaming squad” size, since all you guys do is stay on EBG with a map queue 24/7

BG does all these things as well. Along with most servers in the game. I don’t get your point. Please take your frustrations of this game lacking guilds up in another thread. More guilds = less blobs. I should just take the maguuma out of my signature so I can avoid all this crying.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

I love PPK much more than PPT but it does promote unhealthy game behavior, namely blobbing up and killing anything smaller than yourself, and running from anything bigger than you. And this isn’t one server or guild doing it, its all servers, and most guilds. As well they should, that is what the gamemode rewards.

But instead of making PPK worth more points, you should design PPK to promote good behavior, and diversity in gameplay.

To that end PPK should scale based on the situation. Some examples, if you have the outnumbered buff on your map, any kill you get is worth say 30 points. The point value of a kill would show up on your boon bar, and that number would change based on proximity to other players.

You’re a roamer, when you get a kill with only four allied players within 4000 range you get 15 points.

You’re a “fighting” guild, when you get a kill with only 20 allied players within 4000 range you get 10 points.

You’re a pugmander when you get a kill with only 30 allied players within 4000 range you get 5 points.

You’re a blobber, when you get a kill with 30 or more allied players within 4000 range you get 0 points.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Anet should stop rewarding PPK when an opponent has the outnumbered buff. And the API should separate out kills and assists.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Thing just is that servers that have biggest blob get most kills because they just run over enemy and won’t lose any players. Of course spawn camping give lot’s of kills too.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Adamarc.7463

Adamarc.7463

Anet should stop rewarding PPK when an opponent has the outnumbered buff. And the API should separate out kills and assists.

Could even change PPK so it’s only awarded to the server that has the outnumbered buff – that way blobbing is no longer the best way to get PPK and the outnumbered buff is actually a little bit useful.

The Raging Storm

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Could even change PPK so it’s only awarded to the server that has the outnumbered buff – that way blobbing is no longer the best way to get PPK and the outnumbered buff is actually a little bit useful.

Or 3 points if you have outnumbered buff and 1 point if you don’t, just so that you’re still rewarded for winning fights as a guild group away from the main blob.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Bdews.7236

Bdews.7236

Make ppk 5 so mag can beat bg.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

The way the whole current scoring works is kinda stupid. PPK in its current form encourages blobbing to map que size, so many players do just that and justifiably so. But the PPT is even worse, not only does it encourage k-training empty maps but also even moreso avoiding fights in a game mode that is supposed to be PVP based. The extra points for T3 objectives might have been OK, IF the upgrade system was the old system where everything had to be upgraded manually, yaks escorted, camps protected, etc. Under the new system with auto upgrades and speedy or invuln yaks the system is just right down stupid silly.

For small scoring adjustments, as pointed above, capturing a T3 objective should be worth much more and capturing a T1 objective should be worth next to nothing, since paper structures are just too easy to flip.

On the fight side of things, there should have been a local outnumbered and extra points awarded for the players who are under its effects, while a lot less points awarded when they get killed for a long, long time now. This would help with a lot of the scoring issues.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

morrolan.9608

There is no reason a server with a 2.0 kdr with mass amount of kills should lose a match.

Actually there is a reason. It’s called PPT. There are three ways to win. Be good at both PPK/PPT, be amazing at PPK or be amazing at PPT. Anet provides this variety to accommodate people with different play styles and experience. It’s good for the game in the long run.

Being amazing at PPK will not result in a win for the reasons stated in this thread.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

morrolan.9608

What exactly is bad about it?

It encourages all servers to be YB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

In addition, they could do the same for PPT on outnumbered borderlands/ebg. No extra points for taking objections when outnumbered buff is active.

That said, I think the most important thing ANET could do would be to find a way to encourage and reward less blobbing.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Please try to make your points without attacking others. Turning these threads into matchup threads ( or in fact intentionally designing them to be matchup threads ) just gets them deleted.

Remember you speak only for yourself and if you want the opinion of “most” you have to ask them for it AND receive it before you can say that the results show ;

“Most believe they want.”

I would like to see a tier that does not blob but meh, each gamer plays their own way.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Reading this thread, and the whole PPT vs PPK, makes me want to ask ANet to remove both and use Yuffi’s suggestion. Where the only thing that matters is personal WXP, then you’d have nothing to lose for fighting and dying.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I’ve been on both sides of Maguuma, running my small guild on that server, running around with the blobs on that server, and running my small guild against the server as well as running with the zergs of opposing servers. I can tell you that Maguuma generally outnumbers their enemies when winning most fights. I’ve seen Maguuma take a blob of 60+ to wipe my 5 man group before, and I mean chased down from one side of the map to the other lol.

I know that Maguuma has the most skilled pugs in the game, by that, what I really mean is that the pugs aren’t playing stupid classes and stupid builds. Many of them are running meta builds and classes that are actually worth something to a group instead of running a bunch of idiot rangers, thieves, and engineers that do nothing for group support (see the rest of the servers lol.) Maguuma definitely has the best organization and surely deserve to be rewarded for this, but the fact that you guys outblob everyone doesn’t really merit winning purely from kills in NA prime and EU lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

jamesdolla.3954

I’ve been on both sides of Maguuma, running my small guild on that server, running around with the blobs on that server, and running my small guild against the server as well as running with the zergs of opposing servers. I can tell you that Maguuma generally outnumbers their enemies when winning most fights. I’ve seen Maguuma take a blob of 60+ to wipe my 5 man group before, and I mean chased down from one side of the map to the other lol.

I know that Maguuma has the most skilled pugs in the game, by that, what I really mean is that the pugs aren’t playing stupid classes and stupid builds. Many of them are running meta builds and classes that are actually worth something to a group instead of running a bunch of idiot rangers, thieves, and engineers that do nothing for group support (see the rest of the servers lol.) Maguuma definitely has the best organization and surely deserve to be rewarded for this, but the fact that you guys outblob everyone doesn’t really merit winning purely from kills in NA prime and EU lol.

they’re in t1 I think everyone blobs and has map q’s during ocx/sea/na/eu.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Even vs blob servers I would favor a higher PPK. If your server is dumb enough to feed kills to the bigger server you deserve the PPK hit. If your server is smaller but full of competent roamers that can snipe, harass and peel zerglings off the blob you will be rewarded.

There has to be a balance for sure. You should feel some pressure to attack/defend objectives still but, if you’re outnumbered and still pushing high KDR, it should make up for things a bit better than it does atm.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

If your server is dumb enough to feed kills to the bigger server…

… you should transfer to the bigger server especially if your personal KDR is high. No sense getting yourself worked up over trying to carry everyone else.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

… you should transfer to the bigger server especially if your personal KDR is high. No sense getting yourself worked up over trying to carry everyone else.

So everyone that is on a lower pop/lower coverage server should only sit in towers and use seige, don’t want to feed that PPK by going outside the walls.

Let’s turn NA WvW into 4 blob servers and 8 versions of YB.

Sad to say but PPT allows for more varied playstyle than PPK.

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

I dont think ppk needs to be increased simply because of the amount of players the top 3 tiers have atm. If they did that, there would be no way to win against a large server if your even slightly outnumbered.

What needs to be done, is finding a way to balance the population across servers or allow only a set number into wvw (far lower than it is now) because , for example, Tarnished coast has a problem now queing even 2 maps on reset and most of the week, we are outnumbered on all maps. We might have around 40 on map and BG and JQ have several blobs of 40+ running around capping everything.

This has been a problem for far too long… opening already full servers in tier 1 (TC is always between tier 1 and 2 even with low population) while servers like TC with low wvw population struggle to maintain even a prime time presence.

I personally wouldnt mind sitting in que for a while if it meant there would be equal or even close to equal number fights on all maps.

(edited by trueanimus.4085)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

So everyone that is on a lower pop/lower coverage server should only sit in towers and use seige, don’t want to feed that PPK by going outside the walls.

Let’s turn NA WvW into 4 blob servers and 8 versions of YB.

Sad to say but PPT allows for more varied playstyle than PPK.

That is another option, yes. As Reh says, the PPK hit is deserved because “server is dumb”. I don’t know why he thinks competent roamers are going to be able to gain enough kills to make up points when the other bigger server is getting more kills from “dumb” server so competent roamers should go to a bigger server where their talents will be more appreciated. Hopefully my sarcasm is helping to highlight the absurd difference between Reh’s statement and what actually happens in-game.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Pro tip is not to fight if there is some chance that you lose. If you defend keep and enemy get in just run and don’t give enemy any kills. I have notice that this make enemy mad.

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

I dont think ppk needs to be increased simply because of the amount of players the top 3 tiers have atm. If they did that, there would be no way to win against a large server if your even slightly outnumbered.

What needs to be done, is finding a way to balance the population across servers or allow only a set number into wvw (far lower than it is now) because , for example, Tarnished coast has a problem now queing even 2 maps on reset and most of the week, we are outnumbered on all maps. We might have around 40 on map and BG and JQ have several blobs of 40+ running around capping everything.

This has been a problem for far too long… opening already full servers in tier 1 (TC is always between tier 1 and 2 even with low population) while servers like TC with low wvw population struggle to maintain even a prime time presence.

I personally wouldnt mind sitting in que for a while if it meant there would be equal or even close to equal number fights on all maps.

How many guilds is TC willing to give up to have at least a 9 server rotation?

Thought so. You should play on SBI/FA and lower servers, you might change your idea about what low population is.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Dying is part of WvW, well at least for me it is. I died a lot when I started, now I die less often but it happens.

I’d hate to see PPK reach such a value that new players, or less talented players such as myself, get grief because we got ganked. Again. We need every player to be able to contribute, and for new players to be able to learn without getting shouted at, even if they die a bit.

We need a good balanced scoring system, although I’m not sure how to achieve that with PPT and PPK to be honest.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It’s too abusable if PPK increases without a time-out or reduction if repeatedly killed in a quick timeframe. I can already imagine match manipulation with a couple of “spy” accounts in some remote part of one of the borderland maps.