PPT for kills only.

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Remove points per tick for objectives. 10 points per kill. Now let the best/skilled server win.

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

1 week later, wvw becomes a turtlefest with ninjas the only interesting thing happening, commanders shouting at people on map to stay with the zerg or gtfo, wvw is even harder on new people and promote an even more toxic environment, when a match ends people blame “pve scrubs, noobs, trolls, gravity, lag, newbies, etc etc” for losing the match up in ppt

dont forget this will make GvGs horrendously bad for the server and will likely cause even more problems for the people who wanna win or wanna play or both, also kill trading

(edited by SpehssMehreen.5897)

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

No no no. What would be the point of objectives then? Also opens the door to more griefing, hate for up levels who die easily, and massive bunkering to reduce deaths.

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

/Bane Voice: LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Dont forget this will make GvGs horrendously bad for the server and will likely cause even more problems for the people who wanna win or wanna play or both, also kill trading

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Remove PPT. Give points for kills and when you take an objective, kill yak, kill guard, etc.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

You forgot the word “geared” after best in your OP.
If you want kills and open battles to be worth more, play sPvP… but then you might realize how bad you are with an equally geared playing field.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

This is a surprising post from some one from Maguuma. You do understand safety in numbers right? This would most likely force larger groups together more often. I mean if you want to zerg, you can, you don’t need to change the game mode to do that.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I would LOVE WvW is this happened.

Zerg busting guilds (gvg guilds) will be the main source of PPT instead of the mindless zergs.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Terrible idea

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Brando.1374

Terrible idea

why?

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Remove points per tick for objectives. 10 points per kill. Now let the best/skilled server win.

This is a very bad idea because then playing for objectives such as towers/keeps/castles will become pointless. It would be just zergs running around trying to outflank and get the jump on each other via high point drops or veils (stealth).

Pure open field combat / GVG gets just as boring as arrow cart wars at both of their respective extremes. What makes WvW unique and fun is a mixture of tactics and strategies, open field zerg busting is just 1 of them, the others should not be discounted or ignored.

However, an adjustment on per kill basis might be nice, for example, just like with bloodlust, give +1 point per opponent spiked while outmanned. That would add up a little bit.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Terrible idea

why?

Turteling.

Any PvP game that doesn’t have a reason to move players out of a safe spot just ends up with them camping. Making it about kill counts is the fastest way to turn the gameplay boring.

Gate of Madness

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

We already complain about uplevels and rally bait. Stop being a care bear. To make it not about enough coverage, get rid of the PPT. There are other incentives for cappings and holding. Add something similar to relics like in DAoC, and make it way harder to cap. You still get WxP for caps.

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

We already complain about uplevels and rally bait. Stop being a care bear. To make it not about enough coverage, get rid of the PPT. There are other incentives for cappings and holding. Add something similar to relics like in DAoC, and make it way harder to cap. You still get WxP for caps.

Wouldn’t help on the coverage issue. The server with the most people on at night, will easily destroy the server with less. Unless, the server with less doesn’t come out to fight, which then leads to WvW = no fighting at all = boring and everyone quits.

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

I think it would be nice to earn points for each kill (not just when you finish him) when you have the buff. It maybe would solve some population issues, so for example, Vizunah have a great coverage and can own any server on EU league, but on open field they aren’t that good, so maybe would be all more balanced.

@Andrew Clear, well i doubt what you say, if a server wins by nightcap, ususally is because there are just a few enemies, so they couldn’t earn that much points from kills during night time.

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I think it would be nice to earn points for each kill (not just when you finish him) when you have the buff. It maybe would solve some population issues, so for example, Vizunah have a great coverage and can own any server on EU league, but on open field they aren’t that good, so maybe would be all more balanced.

@Andrew Clear, well i doubt what you say, if a server wins by nightcap, ususally is because there are just a few enemies, so they couldn’t earn that much points from kills during night time.

But, you can also just not fight in the prime time, so you don’t lose ground on the other servers, and let the small night crew try to make up for it. etc, etc, etc.

This approach, if kills were the only points, would seriously hamper the game mode. Would be easy to exploit.

I like having kills added to the score, but there has to be more than just that.

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

This approach, if kills were the only points, would seriously hamper the game mode. Would be easy to exploit.

Well there could be like WxP cap on the kills, when a kill doesn’t give WxP it doesn’t count points either, so no xploit there.

Also, i’m not defending on getting points just on kills, the score system is just right as it is, but need more balance, and i think this would be a nice way to balance it a bit and also a fun way and would make the game more competitive and people would equip better.

I think this would be amazing

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Brando.1374

make capping a point only give points when you cap it. this will give the server an incentive to defend the tower/keep as you dont want the other server to get more points than you. (reward for defending MUST BE GREATER than capping for this to work)(also AC need to be Nerfed to Hell)

killing players should give you the same Points as wxp. the longer the enemy is alive the more points he is worth so no exploiting going on there.

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

make capping a point only give points when you cap it. this will give the server an incentive to defend the tower/keep as you dont want the other server to get more points than you. (reward for defending MUST BE GREATER than capping for this to work)(also AC need to be Nerfed to Hell)

killing players should give you the same Points as wxp. the longer the enemy is alive the more points he is worth so no exploiting going on there.

i think it’s worth a try

PPT for kills only.

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

People would build even bigger blobs to avoid dying and giving ppt to the enemy. They already alt-f4 like crazy now. Yay.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash