PPT vs PPK

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Illiana.9015

Illiana.9015

WvW is both about the PPT and the PvP, right? Seems like this notion is still not a fact. When will PPK start to matter? I know some things has been done to make these scores be more equal but clearly, it’s not enough. Attached to the post is our current matchup score and it is apparent PPK does not matter at all.

The PvP aspect of this gamemode should be way more reflecting on the score, I know there are a lot of people who agree with me on this. When will this scoring update take place and why has it not been done sooner?

Attachments:

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s statistics. Larger population = more bodies to die, which affects ratios.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Illiana.9015

Illiana.9015

It’s statistics. Larger population = more bodies to die, which affects ratios.

Would you mind to elaborate how this is relevant to the topic? Ofc it affect ratios but that doesn’t mean PPK does not have a part to play at this moment in WVW and it should.

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Funny you posting this when someone on other thread said PPK is too relevant and that’s why people are avoiding fights.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Contrary to this example TC has won the first couple hours after reset the last two weeks with PPK. This last Friday they had a 2+ KDR, and while BG was topping the PPT TC won the first skirmish. So I’d say it’s working pretty well.

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Funny you posting this when someone on other thread said PPK is too relevant and that’s why people are avoiding fights.

+1

L’enfer, c’est les autres

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

better coverage = better PPT
better population = better PPK

The two biggest issues with WvW and Anet still hasn’t found a solution and the players don’t want to find a solution, at least the NA players never have.

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WvW is both about the PPT and the PvP, right? Seems like this notion is still not a fact. When will PPK start to matter? I know some things has been done to make these scores be more equal but clearly, it’s not enough. Attached to the post is our current matchup score and it is apparent PPK does not matter at all.

The PvP aspect of this gamemode should be way more reflecting on the score, I know there are a lot of people who agree with me on this. When will this scoring update take place and why has it not been done sooner?

The skirmish over my guild raid last night 1 server was coming significantly last in PPT the whole 2 hours but leading the warscore due to PPK. They won a greater percentage of fights than us but they weren’t totally dominant and they didn’t have bloodlust. This says to me that its skewed too far towards PPK.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

PPK is 2 points, PPT for holding a camp for 5 minutes is 2 points. In a quick minute, a 20-man can take down a 10-man group (assuming equal skill) and generate 20 points. 10-man now says, hey, that’s too many points for us to risk, we’d have to hold an extra camp for almost an hour to make up for that point loss, let’s run away!

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Seriously, if PPK mattered more (worth more points), you’d see a lot less fighting as no one would want to take the chance of giving a bunch of points to the enemy (this assumes people care about the war score for a particular match). Want more PvD? Raise the PPK value.

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

PPK was an idea whose time passed after the stability nerf (pirate ship) and then was made extinct by the release of HoT.

PPK, like PPT and the match score winners are already known when the reset hits. Lower pop servers will lose PPK, Lower coverage servers will lose PPT. The score, no matter how it’s been calculated, doesn’t matter.

PPT vs PPK

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Seriously, if PPK mattered more (worth more points), you’d see a lot less fighting as no one would want to take the chance of giving a bunch of points to the enemy (this assumes people care about the war score for a particular match).

Actually this is already starting to happen.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro