PSA: Transfering to Kaineng FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

So you’ve recently moved to Kaineng, happened to notice the state of WvW here and are currently in need of a trauma team. Don’t Panic! The Kaineng Preservation Society is here to help.

The Kaineng WvW FAQ for New Players / Transfers. The shortened URL to this post is:

http://tinyurl.com/kainengfaq

Without Further ado:

1) Why do we suck?

Fair question! The answer is that we don’t have enough players to compete. Kaineng was one of the last servers brought online a week after the game went live. No large guilds transferred here.

For comparison’s sake, here’s the queue size for Henge of Denravi (the #1 server) and Kaineng (the smallest of the 24 NA servers).

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/6533/Henge_of_Denravi.PNG

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/6536/Kaineng.PNG

Kaineng has about 20 to 30 people in WvW only about 10 hours a day, meaning the rest of the time our map is free for the taking, and there’s nothing we can do about it. Our goals are different here on Kaineng. It’s all about giving them hell in prime time. Maybe this will change as we grow but that’s our lot in life right now and we have a lot of fun with that. For us it means we always have players to kill and resources to capture / defend and while we may be overwhelmed, we are never bored.

2) Who’s in charge here?

Kaineng is a revolving door. Every day we get new people who are sick of queue times, and we lose people who are sick of getting steamrolled. This makes communicating challenging.

We’ve made efforts to stabilize this to some degree. There are a few WvW guilds that have been around since the beginning, and are working to keep Kaineng’s community intact by welcoming the new players and trying to make them feel at home.

These guilds have formed an alliance, consisting mostly of [Nuke], [LaZy], [AI], [BB], and a few others. This alliance is open to EVERYONE. Simply ask in /team for the Team Speak server address or visit http://www.kainengunited.com for more info.

See #4 below for more info.

3) Team Speak sucks. Why not use (insert your favorite chat client here)?

We use Team Speak because when we had nothing, LaZy graciously set us up a Team Speak server that’s large enough for our server to use. We realize everyone has a preference, and there’s no shortage of tools. Team Speak, Ventrillo, Mumble, Raid Call, and others, and you can’t please all the people all the time. There has so far been no reason to consider changing anything because Team Speak works.

There are channels set up for each of the 4 WvW zones, and for alliance guilds that request it.

4) Voice chat sucks, why not use /team or /map?

Talking is faster than typing.

We do recognize though that a lot of people will be unable or unwilling to use Team Speak. I will start doing my best to relay “the plan” if there is one, when I’m online. If I’m not leading (and I’m usually not) I will relay the name of whoever is leading at the time. MY NEW CHARACTER NAME IS ZON. If I’m giving direction in /team, it’s because it’s currently what’s being discussed in Team Speak.

5) I need a LOT of attention. I like to complain a lot, insult people, and generally criticize everything Kaineng is doing because I’m smarter than everyone else. What should I do?

Glad you asked!

Press Escape, and click the “Logout” feature. Return to Character Select. On the bottom left, there’s a button that says “Worlds”. Use that to transfer to another server that can better make use of your highly specialized skills, as we’re not equipped to properly appreciate what you bring to the table.

We understand this is a shortcoming on our part, as we are after all not that intelligent, and probably won’t be able to figure out a way to resolve this issue in the foreseeable future. Thank you though for your efforts. They will not go un-noticed.

tl;dr

Kaineng is a small server. It’s not a server you can take yourself too seriously on.
Someone recently called Kaineng the Bad News Bears of WvW, and they couldn’t be more right. Yes, we lose, badly, but we put up some of the most epic fights in GW2. We hope you will join us in keeping Kaineng the most FUN server in NA.

Welcome to Kaineng. See you on the Battlefield!

Fubuki AKA Zon

Attachments:

(edited by Fubuki.7162)

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

It’s only fair to note that the low population extends to the PvE world. If you move to Kaineng, expect near-empty PvE zones beyond the starter areas. My guild wanted to move here for the WvW but the deserted PvE was the reason they decided not to. Currently I’m roughing it out here and there have been some really great moments in WvW, but I honestly can’t recommend this world if your interested in PvE (unless you like playing alone).

(edited by NornBearPig.9814)

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

This is a fair comment as well, and something that may be an issue to many players. Thanks for chiming in. I don’t do much PVE myself, but this is a very real issue for some people to consider before migrating.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighteous.9281

Mighteous.9281

While I appreciate your ability to string words together intelligently, I don’t think that we need anybody making excuses for why we “suck.” I don’t suck.

Last night was my first time in there, and nobody was doing anything but crying like little schoolgirls! It was pathetic! Those people don’t need to feel good about “sucking,” man. They need to be told to do the best they can with what they have.

If there are only 20 or 30 of us, what excuse is there for us not being the most organized, meanest, 20 or 30 killing machines across all servers? The problem MIGHT be that you kids are too busy chatting it up in your private voice servers as part of an exclusive club. I don’t like going into teamspeak and listening to squeaky voiced “Generals.” Use the chat channel! Tell people what we need to be doing in there!

It’s not the size of the wand, kids. It’s the magic it performs.

I look forward to killing you soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

devona’s has a PVE problem too, but i’ve still managed to at least clear the gate of arah event, killing the eye of zhaitan. you just have to do it during the prime time, so don’t let this aspect discourage you.

plus if your guild has over 10 guys, what is the problem? with 10 coordinated guys, you can take care of most events on cursed shore.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: GregorClegane.6237

GregorClegane.6237

We did good last night, lets make a big push tonight !

[KAIN] 80 Warrior Commander
Ser Matthew

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Creamer.7864

Chris Creamer.7864

Remember “kiddies” uncle Mighteous knows best!

Torturer Severian[Nuke]

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Mighteous:

You seem to have your mind made up already about Kaineng, and judging by your general lack of respect for your fellow players, I’m replying to this post more for the benefit of others than for yourself so people can understand what took place this weekend.

Over the weekend we had a huge influx of new players. /map chat turned into a battle royal between a bunch of new names.

It was clear from watching chat that most of them assumed everyone else was veterans and that they were the only new people there, but in reality it was just a bunch of new faces arguing among themselves.

We discussed the issue in TS realizing that no one recognized ANY of the names in /map chat over the weekend, and decided to try to make the best of it and get us back on track.

We spammed TS server info all night. We also spammed the address of the alliance web site. All were welcome and encouraged to join. We relayed our targets in /team for those of us not in TS. We relayed relevant information in /team for those when it was appropriate. Other than that, what else could we do?

Yesterday I personally gained 11 levels, over 200 kills, gained over 60 Badges, and had an all around great time with my team mates (new and old alike) taking dozens of supply camps, towers and keeps and getting into some really epic fights.

The organization is there if you choose to work with us. The skill is there if you choose to be part of the team. What we don’t have is numbers, and all of this bickering is just a distraction.

BTW, most of us on TS are grown adults (men and women) with families. Some of us are even certified welders, motorcycle riders, kayak fishermen, and back yard BBQ artisans, so you can rest assured joining people on TS won’t in any way raise your estrogen levels. The community is also welcoming to women (as my wife can attest to).

Here is a little history for you. Some of us are trying to make a difference by doing something other than complaining.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Moving-to-Kaineng-Join-me/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Video-Proof-Kaineng-Lives-Thank-you-travelers/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/PSA-Two-Reasons-Kaineng-Is-The-Best-NA-Server/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/NS-530K-Kaineng-40K-Fubuki-s-Guide-to-Losing/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Kaineng-going-down-Dev-s-send-reinf-end-transmission/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Battle-for-Kaineng/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Kaineng-and-Devona-s-Rest/first

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

BTW, most of us on TS are grown adults (men and women) with families. Some of us are even certified welders, motorcycle riders, kayak fishermen, and back yard BBQ artisans, so you can rest assured joining people on TS won’t in any way raise your estrogen levels. The community is also welcoming to women (as my wife can attest to).

This is one of the best things I have seen in these forums. You win a gold star for the day and 3 cookies, any type you want.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

Fubuki, you sir are a gentleman. I’ve always enjoyed your recruitment posts. Best of luck to your efforts.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

Fubuki strikes again. Every time I start to take myself too seriously in this game I go and read one of his posts. If i could have an alt character on another server it would be on Kaineng for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I’ve considered moving to Kaineng (I want Factions servers because that was my fave expansion) but I may wait a while to see where the game changes.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

After reading Mighteous.9281 response then looking at ALL FOUR of his posts on the forums I call Mighteous.9281 a TROLL.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Fubuki – so gold

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

After reading Mighteous.9281 response then looking at ALL FOUR of his posts on the forums I call Mighteous.9281 a TROLL.

A really bad one at that lol

I’ve seen all your recruitment threads so far Fubuki, keep it up. You guys seem like you have a pretty good community and I hope you attract the attention of some newer guilds and such!

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: GregorClegane.6237

GregorClegane.6237

There was a queue to enter WvWvW last night on Kaineng, I think thats the first time i have seen that.

[KAIN] 80 Warrior Commander
Ser Matthew

in WvW

Posted by: Araliun.5024

Araliun.5024

/luv Fubuki

I find that its the attitude of HOW you want to play the game.

Leader – The IMPERIUM of LaZy NATION
lazyimperium.com

in WvW

Posted by: Gibbed.1572

Gibbed.1572

Dude! Laughs and applauds to you good sir. I’ll be going to be joining you on the battleground as soon as my schedule gets a bit relaxed. I have to monitor some data migrations all day long and I need to ‘stop’ in the middle of what I’m doing to start/fix things.

in WvW

Posted by: SolarWind.5693

SolarWind.5693

I am a member of Devona’s Rest. I have been trying to get people on my server to not attack Kaineng. Sometimes people listen. It does not help my cause when Kaineng attacks us from behind, killing all, after we have seen you and passed up the opportunity to wipe you all out.

We two servers need to form a truce. We are never going to beat which ever 3rd server they put us against if we attack each other. What is true of my server is most of the people who care for anything other than exp’ing against the NPC’s have left for other servers. The rabble that is left is fickle and either can’t understand strategy or don’t care about anything except going to capture the next supply for exp.

Hopefully if Kaineng starts avoiding us and we avoid you.. together we can take and hold territory which currently is impossible vs the more populated servers.

CMDR – Devonas Rest [WvW]

in WvW

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Myself and a few others do our best to never attack DR, unless they are really persistent on chasing us around. So if you’re on DR and see a bunch of naked people dancing for ya, feel safe.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Yeah if you guys see [Ai] running around in your BL, were not there to attack you.

We danced with one of your guys last night, killed a ballista on a BP tower, and someone who jumped down. Had to kill one of your people because she was downed and didnt know how the heal ability in the down state worked (kept interrupting it to attack us seriously down state 4 is a channel). We did take one of your camps just before BP could take it so they could fight an invunerable guy for 5 minutes. BP had killed the NPC’s and was set to cap it, we wiped them out and capped it, then ran from an even larger BP zerg that went down there.

Then we camped your jumping puzzle from BP for about an hour before going to BP’s borderland and camping their jumping puzzle before capping redlake and making a meatgrinder out of it. (got like 80-100 kills in that fight, as well as destroying a siege golem, 3 trebs, and 2 catapults that you guys put down). A guild mate recorded the affair and should be editing it down.

We are Kaineng.

Best Queues
Best Server
Best Team

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]