PSA: Upcoming ArenaNet stream about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

According to the official GW2 twitter, there will be a stream tomorrow about “small squad tactics in WvW” @ noon PST on Twitch.

http://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/332552816038129665
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Timezone conversion:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=234&iso=20130510T12&msg=ArenaNet%20WvW%20Twitch%20Stream&sort=1

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Thanks for the post! I would’ve completely missed this otherwise.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Mif.3471

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

More like an introduction to running in small squads.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

So many nuggets of information. I mean I wish I had thought of running small man at the lowest participation kittening time of the week. The pro tips are flooding out… I’m just waiting for them to bust out the arrowcarts and show us some real skill.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

I hear double pistol thief is good for defending walls

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

(edited by Tetra Bug.7134)

in WvW

Mif.3471

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Why the hell don`t they advertise their streams, on their own sodding forums?

lol

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I think the stream was very useful in showing players more playstyle options. Everyone is whining about zerg balls and complaining they have no way to get in more small scale fights. Well, really the only way to have more small scale and less zergs is to have more groups doing it and now after watching an ANET team trying to do a little bit of roaming while on a live stream all you haters can get out there and show us how it is done better.

Players need to be a bit more proactive if they want to see changes. Of course it is not always going to work out and of course there are times when a zerg is needed but Izzy wasn’t saying anything new, just maybe trying to encourage more worlds to give the small stuff a try. He gave a lot of common sense advice and tips for players who are maybe not use to running smaller groups and more smaller groups out in WvW would be much loved by everyone. There is definitely still a place for small man action in GW2 WvW but you have to be smart about. Good luck and have fun there kiddies. <3

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think the stream was very useful in showing players more playstyle options. Everyone is whining about zerg balls and complaining they have no way to get in more small scale fights. Well, really the only way to have more small scale and less zergs is to have more groups doing it and now after watching an ANET team trying to do a little bit of roaming while on a live stream all you haters can get out there and show us how it is done better.

I think the issue is do you think anyone is going to rush out and try it after watching that stream? It was ill conceived and poorly delivered by someone that should stick to zerging.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Why the hell don`t they advertise their streams, on their own sodding forums?

lol

They did. There was a post by a mod with a link to the stream.

EDIT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-Livestream-on-GW2-Twitch-Channel

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

kill 2 vet mobs, do 2 quaggan camps (use pearls or tag factioned camps), kill 2 sentries every 10 min = 2256 wxp

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

It is was good see Arenanet developers play their own game in a nice way and explain stuff clearly. More videos like this!

For me there really wasn’t much anything new, except two useful siege placement locations our WvWvW commander guide didn’t cover before. Thanks for those! But I can imagine this is useful material for many.

I do the supply camps and NPC objectives usually alone, but I can quickly summon reinforcements if needed just turning on the commander tag or using map chat. I fully agree that small team tactics should be used more often. But in fact solo would be probably be even more efficient. If you could have 5 guys do 5 different objectives exactly at same time, they would bring you server more points than 5 guys running as a team. But it seems most players are afraid to die and rather clump up.

The game play seems quite different compared to EU tier #1, where I am playing. Funny that they called 10vs10 fight a zerg fight in that video. For me zerg = 20 people or more.

It really looked like the Anet roaming team was trying to avoid fights, except when they were outnumbering the enemy (e.g. 1-2 vs their 5). Hugging the walls etc. Even when I solo roam, I go fully visible, yet I often stay alive for hours. And if I see a solo enemy invader, 1 vs 1 is a fair game, so I rush in. You can call me crazy, but I have several times attacked 20 invaders alone. Usually it is suicide, but sometimes it is a good lure as enemy doesn’t necessarily pay attention well enough when they case done a solo roamer and see what is gonna hit them next. 1 man pull/lure is probably the cheapest way to lure an enemy into somewhere they shouldn’t have headed.

I urge to the developers to try out WvWvW in euro tier #1 to get a different perspective and playing when you are heavily outnumbered. E.g. have a total of 2-3 guys on your map zone and enemy has 20 or more. Or when you have a group of 20 vs 40.

You will notice that that outmanned “buff” doesn’t help and the game is unfortunately balanced towards night capping / for that who has the best 24h/7 coverage.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]