PSA on siege

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Commanders, please stop building siege right on top of each other in a way that makes it extremely easy for one disrupter to disable it all. While I am at it, rams do not need to be right next to each other and right up against the gate. Set them back a bit and they are effectively immune from door trebs.

I didn’t see it as much in T1 but T3/T4 servers apparently have not learned. I guess all that PvD in the lower tiers has created some bad habits. All weekend I have seen commanders dropping catas right on top of each other only to watch one player constantly disrupting attacks.

It was just too painful to watch after it happened at four different objectives one right after another with a single commander. On the third one the commander tripled down and built a third cata right next to the two that were disabled and under AC fire.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

You assume people know how to build a cata. Better line them up close so the 30 pugs with out TS see what to build.
No, not joking….

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

I mean, there is such a thing as the targeting indicator. You don’t need TS to see that.

Also, I am very enamored by the idea of thirty pug puppies running around carrying supplies to a formation of catapult build sites. It could improve morale.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

You assume they are in the squad, know they have supps and that LB 2 does not dmg the wall. Remember wvw iz ded, why learn ^^

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

It’s nice to know that no one in those tiers knows how to throw proper seige because you followed a few people who didn’t. ditch that holier than thou attitude and people might take your advice.

It is true that some people don’t place seige properly, but many of us do. just because you are from a higher tier does not make you a better player

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sorry, my 7 Rams on a tower gate makes it a bit tight of a fit

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Boots.2849

Boots.2849

Commanders, please stop building siege right on top of each other in a way that makes it extremely easy for one disrupter to disable it all. While I am at it, rams do not need to be right next to each other and right up against the gate. Set them back a bit and they are effectively immune from door trebs.

I didn’t see it as much in T1 but T3/T4 servers apparently have not learned. I guess all that PvD in the lower tiers has created some bad habits. All weekend I have seen commanders dropping catas right on top of each other only to watch one player constantly disrupting attacks.

It was just too painful to watch after it happened at four different objectives one right after another with a single commander. On the third one the commander tripled down and built a third cata right next to the two that were disabled and under AC fire.

that’s because lower tier players don’t rely on siege as a crutch so we never know where to place them properly

*shots fired*

:p

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

Just so you know, no matter how far you put that ram behind the gate, the door treb will always damage it.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

that’s because lower tier players don’t rely on siege as a crutch so we never know where to place them properly

shots fired

… Do you fly into towers and keeps then…? Pretty sure rams and catas are standard in all tiers. And no, don’t say your server doesn’t use ACs.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Another PSA on siege since I’ve seen people doing this so much lately: catas behind doors don’t hurt rams and haven’t in over three years. It hurts players and knocks them off the ram, but it won’t destroy the siege. It’ll just buy a tiny bit of time. Mortars (in objectives where they don’t overshoot) and door trebs, however, will do what a door cata can do, AND hurt the siege, too! So use those instead.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

shots fired

… Do you fly into towers and keeps then…? Pretty sure rams and catas are standard in all tiers. And no, don’t say your server doesn’t use ACs.

I think it has to do more with the smaller server vs larger zergy server individual fighting ability.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Back seat commanding. Self paradise by the dashboard light…

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Uhhh… ummm… so players on your server throw rocks at a wall rather than use a catapult? I guess siege is a crutch of sorts but being smart and going through a wall/gate quickly seems more important than being “macho” and headbutting a gate down.

Just so you know, no matter how far you put that ram behind the gate, the door treb will always damage it.

The “trick” is to drop two rams far enough back so that they hit the door and far enough apart that a door treb has to choose which one to hit. If a commander drops them too close to the door or too close together, one treb can take out both rams. There is a spot on each door that allows one of two rams to stay unharmed. Another advantage is that placement also often prevents one disabler from taking out the rams.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

shots fired

This went over heads

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

PSA on siege

in WvW

Sweet Sanity.8593

It went over heads because higher tiers like to think we just pvd all the gates down and spam one in fights. Cuz we can’t know all the things they do of course :o

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

The problem is not the positioning of the rams, the problem is that you need 5-6 to take out a t3 gate. So putting them next to each other is hard enough as it is.

PSA on siege

in WvW

Sweet Sanity.8593

Yeah you can only put 5 rams at a gate before it seige caps. Just FYI

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yeah you can only put 5 rams at a gate before it seige caps. Just FYI

Not if you don’t build them before thrown.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

PSA on siege

in WvW

Sweet Sanity.8593

build sites still seige cap. That is why the seige decay timer was introduced

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

What is siege ?

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

PSA on siege

in WvW

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

Uhhh… ummm… so players on your server throw rocks at a wall rather than use a catapult? I guess siege is a crutch of sorts but being smart and going through a wall/gate quickly seems more important than being “macho” and headbutting a gate down.

The “trick” is to drop two rams far enough back so that they hit the door and far enough apart that a door treb has to choose which one to hit. If a commander drops them too close to the door or too close together, one treb can take out both rams. There is a spot on each door that allows one of two rams to stay unharmed. Another advantage is that placement also often prevents one disabler from taking out the rams.

Again, it does not matter how far or what type of positioning you use for the rams. A traited superior treb will easily hit every single ram that can touch the gate with one attack. As a frequent commander who literally preaches the door treb on every single tower on ebg, trust me, no ram placement will do much against a door treb. The only exception would be with abnormally large doors, such as hills South gate and certain smc gates.