PVE runes

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: tygorn.7193

tygorn.7193

Why are the new HOT runes not available in wvw for badges or proof of heroics? It is sad that I have to farm a specific HOT map if i want to use a rune in a totally unrelated game mode.

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

They’re accountbound too, which is really annoying.

1. Need to PvE in a specific map for runes
2. Need to PvE for new HoT 4 stat weapons/armor besides marauder / crusader : viper’s/commander’s for example (crystalline ore)

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Why are the new HOT runes not available in wvw for badges or proof of heroics? It is sad that I have to farm a specific HOT map if i want to use a rune in a totally unrelated game mode.

These are HoT content and you can do WvW without buying HoT. So stuff that requires HoT will never appear in WvW merchants or every free account could start farming those.

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

These are HoT content and you can do WvW without buying HoT. So stuff that requires HoT will never appear in WvW merchants or every free account could start farming those.

Yet pvp got new amulets..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Just need to limit the vendor that sells the new armor stat set to those with HoT. The HoT vendors are already limited to those with the masteries and only those with HoT have the HoT masteries. Problem solved.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

it is a way to “encourage” you to buy hot
for me, it totally put me off. I had already bought HoT but usually will not go to wait on a meta-event just to get stuff out of principal alone

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: tygorn.7193

tygorn.7193

it is a way to “encourage” you to buy hot
for me, it totally put me off. I had already bought HoT but usually will not go to wait on a meta-event just to get stuff out of principal alone

This it the problem. I got HOT, I did not mind paying for it. But I do mind the fact that i now have to do multiple hours of PVE events in a specific map. This game used to be: you can play how you want and you can get the same as everybody(and compete with everyone). Except for some skins(dungeons).

Now it is not only skins. But also power. If I want to test a build in wvw i should not have to PVE for multiple hours first to do so.

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think have PvE specific runes and sigils is a good thing but WvW should have its own as well. No reason WvW should get retreads from PvE.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

PVE runes

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I posted my thoughts on the matter in a recent thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Trading-Proofs-of-Heroics-for-PVE-currency/5980270

They should really consider some of the HoT runes and inscriptions to be achieved in this manner. Although I think there should be more ways in general (pvp tracks, wvw vendor, etc) as I don’t really think it’s okay to have powerful stats and runes while proceeding to shut out non-HoT or anyone else that doesn’t want to pve in HoT. It’s unfair to have power creep and then shut off parts of the general population if you ask me.

Of course, the primary form of acquisition should always be the quickest/best route, but honestly the means of distribution are incredibly narrow atm.

I think the most straightforward way atm is to have the WvW armor vendor sell some new stats and runes , for heroics and badges, or memories of battle or whathaveyou.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.