Participation Wind Down Fast Forward

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Once you are ready to leave WVW for whatever reason you generally have built up a fair amount of participation. To take advantage of this you need to lurk somewhere in WVW for 10-15 minutes while it decays.

This is unfortunate because quite often the servers are queued and people want to join in.

It would be nice to have a way to fast forward through this wind down in some manner.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Eh. It kind of goes against the spirit of actually participating to earn those pips on the tick.

That said, you’re not wrong.

I wouldn’t be against an option to ‘pay out’ the current skirmish in exchange for/and negating your participation bar & freezing it for 5 minutes (to prevent abuse). No more than 1 skirmish’s worth of pips, though.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Cash out options have often been suggested, but a dev (McKenna, I think) stated that even if they considered it, they dismissed the idea. The point is : if you consider it takes, say, 30 minutes to decay down to zero, you can’t forsee things like outmanned buff, or skirmish rank, and therefore, you can’t anticipate the amount of pips you’d get.

And just before that answer pops again : no, you can’t wait in obsidian sanctum, there’s no participation in OS.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

And just before that answer pops again : no, you can’t wait in obsidian sanctum, there’s no participation in OS.

Sorry but that is incorrect.

You cannot see your participation in obsidian Sanctum and you cannot EARN New participation in the Sanctum.

But you absolutely CAN tick it down and gain the remaining rewards while waiting there. I do it every night. Usually, if you have just taken a camp, and you have tier 6 you can get an additional 3 ticks AT LEAST while waiting.

Now, you need to auto run into a wall and auto cast a skill (heal works great) so that you aren’t auto kicked too quickly.

This way you don’t take up a slot.

It’s clunky, but it is effective.

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

if you consider it takes, say, 30 minutes to decay down to zero, you can’t forsee things like outmanned buff, or skirmish rank, and therefore, you can’t anticipate the amount of pips you’d get.

Yes, that occurred to me. However I’d be willing to forgo the possibility that the outmanned buff would occur, and just accept an extrapolation based on the current skirmish score.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

You can tick down in OS – you just can’t see your participation level as it ticks down.
Done the OS JP guild mission plenty of times and still got pips and track rewards while doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I like it. No more Afk pip farmers. You must stay active. That is the message here. If you do not stay active your participation will drop fast, as it should. I for one applaud the change! Thank you Anet!!