Passive play and Lag

Passive play and Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Lorus.4218

Lorus.4218

Hello Anet,

I have a lot of things to say about the current state of WvW, but I will be concise and focus on two things:

- Get rid of the passive play (condi) meta
- Fix the lag

The two go hand in hand. EB is unplayable nowadays due to lag because the condi meta brings too much lag with big fights. Whenever you have a “per second” tick it brings lag. Now that’s all the game is about. Stop it.
The megaserver killed a lot of things about WvW. It’s is worse than ever now. Fix it, or WvW will be gone with the next decent competitor. It is embarrassing what you have done with HoT and the subsequent changes. Go back to the roots, do more votes, and re-think your balance.

Passive play and Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

The problem with votes/polls is that we are given two basically poor choices, such as “do you want to be set on fire, or do you want to be boiled in oil”. We don’t want either, give us a meaningful choice. Many of us wanted an option to remove the desert BL altogether, but we sure as heck weren’t given that option to vote on.

Actions speak louder than words, and based on Anet’s actions, wvw will never be fixed. Look at Ghost Thief if you don’t agree. It took a pve incident to address that problem. Now all we have to look forward to are skirmish updates, which won’t address the condi BS or server link issues.

My guild keeps playing, but as soon as something decent comes out we are gone. Why give money or support to a company that ignores a large chunk of its consumers? Remember that, WE are the consumer.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Passive play and Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

The problem with votes/polls is that we are given two basically poor choices, such as “do you want to be set on fire, or do you want to be boiled in oil”. We don’t want either, give us a meaningful choice. Many of us wanted an option to remove the desert BL altogether, but we sure as heck weren’t given that option to vote on.

Actions speak louder than words, and based on Anet’s actions, wvw will never be fixed. Look at Ghost Thief if you don’t agree. It took a pve incident to address that problem. Now all we have to look forward to are skirmish updates, which won’t address the condi BS or server link issues.

My guild keeps playing, but as soon as something decent comes out we are gone. Why give money or support to a company that ignores a large chunk of its consumers? Remember that, WE are the consumer.

We eventually were given the vote to remove the dbl….. but the option was remove it and never get a new map or keep it and maybe get a new map someday.

People voted to keep it because they were afraid anet would quit working on wvw completely.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Passive play and Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

We eventually were given the vote to remove the dbl….. but the option was remove it and never get a new map or keep it and maybe get a new map someday.

People voted to keep it because they were afraid anet would quit working on wvw completely.

As I said, 2 bad options. That’s wasn’t a real choice to remove the DBL, it was basically forcing us to keep it out of fear. What a crappy way to treat the wvw players.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Passive play and Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

As I said, 2 bad options. That’s wasn’t a real choice to remove the DBL, it was basically forcing us to keep it out of fear. What a crappy way to treat the wvw players.

Yup

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Passive play and Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If they nerf the condi, the rotational and passive defense needs a serious adjustment. This includes addressing Dire/Traiblazer as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”