People standing around in spawn

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have spent most of my time today doing WvW.

Decided to check out EB and had the usual queue.

When I got into the area (about 30 minutes queue) I see about 50 people simply standing around in spawn, doing nothing but walking around/talking/dancing.

The same people stood and did the exact same thing 30 minutes later when I went back to sell things.

Is there some way to fix this?
Sure they have the “right” to do it, but when we have queues it feels quite silly that the so many people simply standing there doing nothing at all that matters for the game but still taking up spots.

Maybe add some sort of restriction on how long you can stand around in the spawn area or such?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I’ve done that a couple of times, but I wasn’t just dancing around for no reason. The first time I was with a Commander and a bunch of other people, waiting for more people to arrive so we could capture stuff. The second time, I was with a bunch of other people and we were waiting for a Commander and his guild to show up there so we could capture stuff.

So yea, there might be a legitimate reason.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

I have seen that a lot.
They are taking up a slot that someone could use who will do wvw.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

With the sheer amount of time it takes to get into WvW, I oftentimes will sit in the spawn for a little while prior to playing.

I want to get comfortable and ready before I start what will be a long PvP session. I generally need between 15-30 mins to bio, grab a drink + snack, let my dog out and have a smoke.

If there wasn’t a queue, I’d do all this prior to queuing up… but since the wait is sometimes 4 hours long, I don’t have the luxury to do that.

While I can’t say what I do accounts for everyone sitting “afk” in the spawn, I’m sure that there are quite a few people just like me.

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

If guilds are waiting for more people to get into the map, and there is a queue, can you at least go to the nearest tower or keep and group up there? At least then you’re doing something useful by defending the place.

I remember when I was on SoS, a guild of about 20 waited in spawn for an hour (afk numbers going up as time went on to about 40) till their WvW was scheduled to start.

We lost a keep and 2 towers in that time, and they did nothing but dance and waste queue spots.

If your vendoring / buying a new set of gear off the TP that’s fine, but when you’re legitly wasting 30 minutes of your server’s queue……

Should put a kick in WvW if you’re inactive in WvW for 15 minutes or something.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sophora.1436

Sophora.1436

I thought there’s a kick in place? Could have sworn I’ve been booted off WvW due to inactivity before.

Perceptor – Engineer
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

I thought there’s a kick in place? Could have sworn I’ve been booted off WvW due to inactivity before.

The kick is just a simple keyboard check – just come back every few minutes, tap the keyboard, and the timer resets. It’s similar to the PvE one, just has a shorter timer.

That said I’m sure some use automated ways to get around it.