People will quit without more to do in WvW. Please annnounce something...

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

I understand that removing orbs in the short-term is a necessity. However, this sounds like a semi-permanent decision where something similar MAY come along in the future.

There needs to be more to WvW than just a simple war for arbitrary territory that provides no incentive, advantage, or reason to hold it outside of it simply being there.

While orbs were an acceptable mechanic in the early stages of GW2’s WvW lifecycle, many players are expecting an evolution beyond the orbs. Simply taking them away in the long-term without working on something bigger and better to replace them is going to drive a lot of players, including myself, to become bored with WvW at an accelerated rate.

It is obvious to me that WvW is the most popular of GW2’s features. This doesn’t surprise me at all, but it seems to have surprised ANet. I have seen sPvP servers completely empty but still a healthy population of WvW players in the wee hours of the morniing.

There needs to be a statement of intent for WvW. What are you working on? Can we expect big changes and additions to WvW? Please let us players know. I see these kinds of announcements for sPvP, such as for upcoming paid tournaments and guild arenas. What is coming up for WvW outside of resolving player queue times and removing orbs (in other words just fixing or outright removing things that are broken)?

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

(edited by Erebus Delirium.4892)

in WvW

Posted by: Zybane.6214

Zybane.6214

GW2 is not a PvP game.

in WvW

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

GW2 is as much a PvP game as it is a PvE at the end of the day you only have so many zones to do in PvE then the game is done. Sure you can say the dungeons are endgame content but lets be honest going through a dungeon 20 time to get your gear in 3-4 same paths is just a grind. after your geared then what do you do farm Orr for days. i think once your done with PvE (max gear + 100% completion) the logical thing to do is to get into the PvP scene wither thats sPvP or WvWvW. I would say embrace the fights in WvW since it isnt Orb oriented anymore. its about hey imma own this whole borderland if it takes me the whole day or not. I think territorial war is a good thing for WvW but extra mechanics like orbs are not outta the question fun.

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Most people are ecstatic about the removal of orbs. This was Arenanet responding to our complaints. Why you feel the need to complain about their action is beyond me.

There is a ton of content in GW2 for every kind of player. If you can’t find something to keep you entertained then I don’t know what to tell you.

The game has been out for two months. In that time they have added paid tPvP, a massive halloween event, more jumping puzzles, mini-dungeons, mini-games, fov fix, another november event, new gem store items, many bug fixes, balancing corrections, economy stabilization, and a litany of engine related performance improvements.

All of that within 60 days of the launch of an AAA MMO title. This level of developer responsiveness is unheard of and is worthy of commendation.

The game will never be ‘perfect’ for everyone. MMO’s are always in a state of improvement. It seems some people have no idea how massive an undertaking an MMO is, and just have unrealistic expectations of how quickly their personal issues can be addressed.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

(edited by cold.3946)