Perfect solution - make wvw an esport!

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

when you go to wvw – you pull up a panel – you can join the pug wvw fight where anyone can enter ( just like fort aspenwood ) or you can challenge a server!
Or – you can challenge a guild(s) from another server for a private match.
Don’t ruin it with this tag the orb for godlike powers nonsense – we want to zerg – some with strangers …some with guildies vs guildies from other servers or even their own servers! Just cap it so transferring to a big server isn’t an advantage – bam your lag issues are done, the players get their gvg ….and you get your esport ..
you don’t fix what was working …just make it work more efficiently!!

can i get a witness ?!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Ricky.4706

you can make the open pug wvw a never ending battle – because some of us just want to join a fight when we have free time – and you can make the private gvg wvw matches for anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours – to make it more relevant for a score – this way you have one section of wvw for dedicated hardcore players ….and another section for those that like wvw casually.

the problem with your spvp is your map and the different playing style – wvw has it’s own playing style ….but the fact that it’s server wide for score makes it a poor resource for ranking because of over populated servers …..but it’s kinda cool having a list of fights that you can join or start – and allowing people to organize fights makes the score more credible. Your current top server scores are not credible because of the population imbalance. that’s not skill…that’s pure brute strength and proves nothing.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Ricky.4706

server vs server doesn’t work for competition, it should be a nice way to meet new people from other servers in the game, but under no circumstance should it be a ranking reward system that encourages people to pay to be on the winning server – there should be no winning servers, there should only be winning teams.

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Is it lonely in here all by yourself?

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

not at all, it’s an excellent point! I’m not the kind of guy that scurries to a t1 server for approval ^.^

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Dr Acula.3496

But I heard T1 is for the best players evar!

in WvW

Ricky.4706

nah, it’s for chickens that can’t take a challenge.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

T1 was for the cool kids before all the kids came, now the cool kids gotta find a new place to be cool.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Ricky.4706

now that I’ll respect ….respects to the core players that made it happen. no love for the bandwagoners that wanted to ride their coat tails!

in WvW

Dr Acula.3496

Only cool T1 was HoD on game release before the Titan Alliance fell and everyone ran off to JQ and SBI

in WvW

Ricky.4706

I’ll agree with that too, in the early part of the game, our server got infested with bots – so I took a break and wvw’d with hod for a while when they were hot…..they were amazing strategists – i went back to my original server after they cleaned up the bots.

as long as this is ranked by server vs server – no particular group will get their glory due to the bandwagon guilds that throw the game off balance – I know there’s a hot group in t1 ….but being bloated doesn’t let them shine.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

esports lol, zerg wars is not very interesting to watch.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

so you never heard of starcraft ? lol

the only thing that’s not interesting to watch is t1 groupies.

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Umm… No.

/15

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

This will never become a Esport. GvG in gw1 had the potential become a Esport.
But ofcourse: “Take everything you love about gw1 and put it in a persistent world”
Was not true. Get rid of trinity so everyone is DPS ftw.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

I can actually see it as an esport -

if 1 – anet capped the wvw population so the biggest server can’t do the clowns in a volkswagen strategy.

2 – if guilds were allowed to organize their own private fights

and on the trinity – while it’s not as hard core as gw1 – there are advantages to having a healing ele, a warrior handing out buffs …a pali offering protection and a mesmer porting people – so there is still some strategy left

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Actually, making WvW an Esport is feasible, if you run it on a separate competition server network. However, older games, such as CS 1.6 gained huge success with teams up to 16 players. Seeing a 3x?? player tournament would be epic. Best thing is, you could host simple tournament ladders that had matches lasting X number of hours.

Hell, they could possibly set a world record for the longest ongoing gaming tournament with ease

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yes, exactly – it would be epic – and …..to make the ranking sensible – you can have both alliance and guild rankings – the guilds would be ranked based on their contribution to the alliance in the match – so each match can have sub totals as to how many points each guild added to the winning score. so even a losing server will have a winning team for x guild adding the most points to the score.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Sounds horrible.

Tz tz

in WvW

Ricky.4706

people without skillz will hate it, no doubt. – but fair is fair.