Perfecting the Pin Snipe

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: CangLongWoHu.9752

CangLongWoHu.9752

Since Osu wants to ban pinsniping, I thought I would start a counter thread where we can all post our best tactics for pinsniping.

Some are really easy. I usually see who is out front of the zerg. If it’s a guardian, warrior or Rev I can be pretty sure it’s the tag. Then I block them and from that point on its easy to find them in a zerg.

If there are several guardians/warriors out front in a good zerg that moves well together, I look for the one that leaps first. The lag in TS and Discord means they are leaping before their Melees even hear the command to leap.

I either run a ranger or a chronomancer when I want to pinsnipe. The ranger can hit from long distance and also knockback after the bomb since stab is gone. Chrono can double moa and once you call out the moa its easy for necros and others to kill tag quickly. Some people prefer to run thief, but I have never been very good at that type of toon.

So let’s hear how you like to kill the commander.

Get good or get dead. That is what WVW is all about.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Too much work, we just need to convince ANet to change how Tab works so that it always targets the Commander when you press it.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

1. ur cmd Run low armor and low HP. that why he down fast
2. why ur group depend a man ?

training ur sec and third CMD. dont be lazy

EX: President and Vice President

winnie@BlackGate

(edited by Jerry CCH.9816)

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

2 mesm with Moa + rifle warri’s with sig of might.Moa him right after the first moa.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Just have 30-40 more pinsnipers then the enemy, if that doesn’t work then increase to 50-60 more, this tactic always works

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

(edited by Digikid.7230)

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I actually made a commander transfer not only himself, but his whole guild to another server not in the same match up as I. That was about 3 months ago, when I lasted truly played WvW. Well me and two others to be exact.

The commander in question was a traitor and took his big guild and sided with the enemy. After things went south for our server. So in return, we was like, let the tags hit the floor.

Funny thing is was less then a 24 hour period from when we started till he and his guild transfer out of the match up. I honestly felt no pity for him or his zergling guild. Nothing but laughter. All the way evil laughter. Mesmer is the most trolliest pin sniper class in my opinion. But when you have two Mesmers and a thief just pin sniping, the lols reach a all time high.

I mean in only fair play if zerglings just want to omni out number nuthug blob us down with numbers. That we use some tactics to try and turn the tide in our favor. Most zerglings are sooo skill-less and hopeless that once their commander falls. They automatically turn into free bags.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

honestly a good team has back up commanders if my commanders pin goes down i have a hot key ready to tap squad leave then squad create hot keys back to back so that tag isnt gone for more than a second.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

WvW has virtually nothing to do with getting good, you’ve confused it with something that takes some meaningful level of skill.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

honestly a good team has back up commanders if my commanders pin goes down i have a hot key ready to tap squad leave then squad create hot keys back to back so that tag isnt gone for more than a second.

That only mean you have to perfect pinsniping twice as good.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

WvW has virtually nothing to do with getting good, you’ve confused it with something that takes some meaningful level of skill.

If people don’t know what to do when their commander die, it’s clearly a L2P issue.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Oh my, I guess I have to respond now since I was attacked in such a pathetic, passive aggressive manner.

I’ve actually pretty much come full circle on the subject of pin-sniping. Continue to run mesmers and rangers and snipe away. Nobody can stop you. Besides, everybody has to find something in this game that they enjoy doing. I understand all you pin-snipers love wvw, but need to find something that is a good fit for your skill set. I’m sure you tried zerging but for various reasons couldn’t make the cut. Maybe you didn’t want to play a front line class, or maybe you got kicked for running full zerk or not staying on tag. I know, all that listening and following orders is HARD! Then maybe you tried your hand at roaming, and lost every 1v1 encounter and said to yourself, “screw this, I didn’t want to roam anyway. Stupid thieves and their stupid stealth!” So now you are left with the omni blob and following whoever on your server tags up. Again, running a frontline class means you will get hit from time to time, and playing a necro is scary because they are slow and can’t run away, and ele requires you to push SO MANY BUTTONS!!!!. so what can you do? Hooray you can pin snipe! Its the perfect playstyle. Stay at maximum range from the enemy, never die because you are the first to run if the battle starts to look bad, and every time you down a commander, you get that warm feeling that you contributed to the team. Way to go! Here’s your participation trophy.

Osu

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

I love how everyone is like “GIT GUD DOOD. U DUN NO WAT 2 DO IF I KILZ UR DRIVER. L2P”

There is a reason that there are commanders/drivers in WvW and it’s not just so we can all ktrain/mindlessly zerg. Even the best fight teams have a driver. The reason for this is that the team needs a reference point to where to gather for regroups and directional callouts, and where to cast waters/fires/CCs/etc. It is good to have backup commanders and they can usually take over fairly quickly, but in a good fight, that moment of chaos that pinsniping creates can be all it takes to wipe the group.

Obviously you can play your game however you want. If you get off by pinsniping, then good luck with that. Personally, I think it’s a cheap tactic. But that’s just my opinion.

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

(edited by Ann Jay.2950)

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

I love how everyone is like “GIT GUD DOOD. U DUN NO WAT 2 DO IF I KILZ UR DRIVER. L2P”

There is a reason that there are commanders/drivers in WvW and it’s not just so we can all ktrain/mindlessly zerg. Even the best fight teams have a driver. The reason for this is that the team needs a reference point to where to gather for regroups and directional callouts, and where to cast waters/fires/CCs/etc. It is good to have backup commanders and they can usually take over fairly quickly, but in a good fight, that moment of chaos that pinsniping creates can be all it takes to wipe the group.

nobody worth nothing has stated that a team should be able to fight an enemy zerg without their commander. if that was the case we would be asking for the commander system to be removed but clearly we are not because we know kitten well leaders are important. if everyone was moving in a direction they thought was best then everyone would be moving in a different direction.
Obviously you can play your game however you want. If you get off by pinsniping, then good luck with that. Personally, I think it’s a cheap tactic. But that’s just my opinion.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

alright so I’m going to try to follow this argument logically. pinsnipers say “lol your commander dies and you don’t have a backup driver”. so what if you do have a backup driver, or 4? all you have to do is switch targets, then you can continue to grind the fight to a halt.

anyway, best snipe is 2 necro corrupt boon 2 hamrev CoR + 1 other. or the d/d thief duo.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

alright so I’m going to try to follow this argument logically. pinsnipers say “lol your commander dies and you don’t have a backup driver”. so what if you do have a backup driver, or 4? all you have to do is switch targets, then you can continue to grind the fight to a halt.

If that’s the case, then your group may want to try and take some action that doesn’t involve apparently doing nothing outside of lamenting your commander’s death. Pick groups don’t just magically appear and delete your commander every 20 seconds you know. A properly comped melee ball will train them down and squish them in seconds.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

anyway, best snipe is 2 necro corrupt boon 2 hamrev CoR + 1 other. or the d/d thief duo.

Best snipe is 60+ pinsnipers, sheesh everyone is so far behind the meta these days…..

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

Pin Snipe .. got 2 words 4 u: Lappen und Kinderkacke have fun

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

If that’s the case, then your group may want to try and take some action that doesn’t involve apparently doing nothing outside of lamenting your commander’s death. Pick groups don’t just magically appear and delete your commander every 20 seconds you know. A properly comped melee ball will train them down and squish them in seconds.

if whats the case? my argument is that even if there were backup drivers that took over immediately, the fight could still be ground to a halt. actually a decent pick group does “magically appear” and delete commanders. it takes some timing and no skill lag, but its pretty easy. properly comped, hmm… yeah all the comps in the world will help against a 1200 range teleport/escape portal. lol.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

Best snipe is 60+ pinsnipers, sheesh everyone is so far behind the meta these days…..

I mean sure lol, but its not very elegant…
all about that grace mayne.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

In particular, 60+ rangers, the best meta zerger.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

pew pew peeeeewww
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——>
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——>
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——>
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——> o-l—< ermehgerd guise RAN
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——>
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——>
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ =——>

dumb auto format kinda messed it up

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The only meta countered by 1 wall of reflection.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

RIP rangers mesmers and guardians kitten all over them with dem reflects. Only reason i ditched the class i can deal more damage with an ele anyway i just prefer medium armor aesthetic.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

RIP rangers mesmers and guardians kitten all over them with dem reflects. Only reason i ditched the class i can deal more damage with an ele anyway i just prefer medium armor aesthetic.

You can always use staff instead…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Riffle war, mark enemy com. Normal attack, pew 3, and f1 pew with unblockable

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

60+ rangers?
I guess we will fight in shade then!

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

60+ rangers?

Rangers dont have an unblockable 9k+ hit on demand.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

60+ rangers?

300 phails

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

60+ rangers?

300 phails

What ? So you rather have 60 rangers than 60 rifle warris ?

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

no dood it was a quote from the movie 300.
geez do you even pump bro.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The Persians were the good guys.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

The Persians were the good guys.

look for the eye widening

Perfecting the Pin Snipe

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

There are commanders that get sniped once and die, and then it doesn’t work again. Other commanders get sniped over and over. Something is being done right, and something is being done wrong.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer