Perspective on the update

Perspective on the update

in WvW

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

There are a lot of threads about what should be changed from the update. In general, I think it’s best to give it some time before making big changes.

That said, I think it can be helpful for people to give their perspective when it includes enough data for devs to understand what the feedback is based. So maybe folks can take a moment to add more depth to their threads. Here’s my example.

Background:
I’ve got about 4000 hours of playing in the game starting in Jan 2012. The vast majority of that is solo roaming in WvW leading to an approx 2100 rank (Gold Colonel I think). I only played a few hours on EOTM. I started on Kaineng but transferred to NSP more than two years ago.

Negatives:
- Didn’t like the LFG/party dialog automatically popping open on map load
- Map queue in evening mid-week was surprising, but I was able to get in and I’m guessing this will settle down

Positives:
- I’m getting more stuff than I got previously for what I would do anyway (got two wooden chests last night)
- There’s some other goal to work towards (gear, backpiece, just getting to a better tick rate)

Funniest moment:
- In a normal night, I’ll attempt to take several towers by building a cata by myself and then putting a message in map chat when the wall is 50% down so other people can come help/share in the result. Last night, I started building a cata and threw a message in chat that I had a cata started. By the time I got back with my second load of supply, there were two catas built, two commander tags, and 20 people there