Pets climbing walls again-bug or as intended

in WvW

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Up to maybe 4 months ago, pets climbing walls was common. Then a “fix” was implemented because Anet said this wasn’t supposed to happen, and no more wall-climbing pets. Now, wall-climbing pets are back.

Anet, is this a bug or “as intended”? If it’s the former, it really needs to be fixed as I haven’t seen a tower/keep siege in the last few days where there weren’t enemy pets running around on the walls like there was a breakout at the zoo…… :/

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in WvW

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

yes i’ve seen this to recently, it has been a long time since i last saw this but it is back.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

It’s a bug. You have probably noticed that tower/keep NPCs can run through walls to attack enemies sometimes. I’ve seen either the quartermaster or siege merchant run through a wall at Ogrewatch in EB to attack us. I’ve also seen the Red Keep Lord run through the inner wall to attack us while we were at outer. This has also happened at the Green Keep.

in WvW

Thorson.9218

It’s a bug. You have probably noticed that tower/keep NPCs can run through walls to attack enemies sometimes. I’ve seen either the quartermaster or siege merchant run through a wall at Ogrewatch in EB to attack us. I’ve also seen the Red Keep Lord run through the inner wall to attack us while we were at outer. This has also happened at the Green Keep.

Odd that it was fixed a few months ago and now it’s back, like they reverted the change, because this isn’t limited to certain towers/keeps, at least not that I’ve noticed. It seems to happen everywhere. That’s what makes me wonder if this is somehow intended behavior.

I for one would love to see bird pets be able to do this. I mean honestly….it’s a bird….shouldn’t it be able to fly onto/off of a wall??? O.o

Maybe we’ll get lucky and an Anet rep will chime in……hey I can dream, right?

(edited by Thorson.9218)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

This is when I first noticed it happening, right after the patch at the beginning of July:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Severe-issue-with-pets-in-WvW

Emailed Devon about it the same day I posted that in bugs section, linking that thread.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

It’s not always using ‘Guard’ I was targeting an oil on SW SM when my Aptly named owl, ‘Hooters’ went up on the wall and started clawing out eyes. No guard skil lwasused… he just went all 90 degrees and flew up there :P

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

It seems pets aren’t experiencing any sort of collision with the destructible walls. I watched all of these pets walk right through the east wall of Langor.

Attachments:

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

It’s not always using ‘Guard’ I was targeting an oil on SW SM when my Aptly named owl, ‘Hooters’ went up on the wall and started clawing out eyes. No guard skil lwasused… he just went all 90 degrees and flew up there :P

I don’t understand why it would be considered a bug for a Bird pet to be able to get at anyone on a wall! It’s a BIRD, FFS! It should be a PoP for a BIRD to FLY to the top of the wall!

Not having a go at you, Kinky .. just one my my favourite rants.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Thorson.9218

This is when I first noticed it happening, right after the patch at the beginning of July:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Severe-issue-with-pets-in-WvW

Emailed Devon about it the same day I posted that in bugs section, linking that thread.

Thank you for reporting it Jayne.

Interesting that you noticed this so long ago, but only recently (this past week) have I seen it so rampant. Maybe the word has gotten out that there’s a bug and now it’s being massively exploited. Last night was a classic example at blue keep in EB. I counted 8 Ranger pets running around on our walls attacking players and siege, and the pets were every type.

Come on Anet, at least respond and let us know if this is a new “feature” or if it’s really a bug and you’re going to fix it. It’s been reported in 2 threads now with zero response, and it’s a fairly significant issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I suspect it goes along with the door teleport bug we’ve been seeing lately. This one is much more exploitable though and it’s being used on a massive scale.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Up to maybe 4 months ago, pets climbing walls was common. Then a “fix” was implemented because Anet said this wasn’t supposed to happen, and no more wall-climbing pets. Now, wall-climbing pets are back.

Anet, is this a bug or “as intended”? If it’s the former, it really needs to be fixed as I haven’t seen a tower/keep siege in the last few days where there weren’t enemy pets running around on the walls like there was a breakout at the zoo…… :/

spider-pig, spider-pig, does whatever a spider-pig does. Can he fly? no he can’t, he’s a pig. Look out! here comes the spider-pig

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t understand why it would be considered a bug for a Bird pet to be able to get at anyone on a wall! It’s a BIRD, FFS! It should be a PoP for a BIRD to FLY to the top of the wall!

Tyria could have a high gravity or maybe the air is thinner preventing birds from achieving high flight. I am sure some highly educated Asuran could squawk out a plausible reason.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

this glitch is actually a lot worse than some of you guys realize, needs to get patched ASAP.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Tyria could have a high gravity or maybe the air is thinner preventing birds from achieving high flight. I am sure some highly educated Asuran could squawk out a plausible reason.

Pah! Trust an Asuran to blame gravity for their height problem!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Month’s ago it was my videos showing the Power of Guard and sending your pet into keeps

The new issue is just the keeps themselves, they have invisible holes in them or something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

^ YOUR FAULT…… Bad Xsorus, bad! Nature’s Ninja shouldn’t have been neutered. Am I right?

I want my pet’s to at least FLY like they should be able to. BTW… in WvW all night on my Ranger and this did not occur once for me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This was so weird to see tonight. Not only were there ranger pets, but also tons of necro minions in the blue keep tonight. The other guys started up GRUB, and it somehow worked its way onto the walls of our keep. I would be the two issues are related.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

btw.. why would ANYONE report this?? Let Rangers have some fun in WvW!!!! Geez….

It’s not like Mesmer’s can’t get phantasm’s up on walls and behind gates. Even Engi’s can drop crates on top of walls and has a mortar. I’m just wishing I’d catch this bug….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

When the top of the walls on a tower or keep start looking like a furry version of A Chorus Line, complete with the high kicks, and the box office hasn’t even opened yet, something’s wrong dear. :p

L’enfer, c’est les autres