Phantom Points in WvW

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sorbic.7192

sorbic.7192

Ok so i know you use to get stomp points with bloodlust. Right now on Kaineng we are avging 3 points per 5 seconds extra on top of tick even if these are kill points it an extreme amount for the time of day. At this rate a 550k+ score will be possible which is well above what it should be even with a perma 695 tick. On a side note the other 2 servers are avging 2-10 points per 5 minutes extra. Any dev that can explain the mass amount of phantom points. As it stands right now we are avging 930ish ppt

(edited by sorbic.7192)

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Open up your scoreboard and cap a sentry circle. Then wait 3-5 seconds.

3-5 seconds after capping, you should see your score go up by 1. Killing yaks I believe gives 3. At the rate you describe, it sounds like there may be more going on. Try doing other stuff with the score open and see what happens a few seconds after you kill someone, a few seconds after you stomp someone, flip a shrine, etc.

There has long been invisible PPT.

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Sentries give one point, but I had no idea about the yaks. And here I thought that killing yaks was just about denying upgrades/supply.

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

If you kill a yak on it’s way to an object it gives you three points. Also a yak that reaches it’s last object(if there is more than one object on it’s route) gives you three points too. Since Kaineng has an incredibly high tick with pretty much all camps being theirs that’s a lot of yaks reaching their objects.

So why is the effect so drastic now you may ask. On the new map yaks run much faster than they used to(even without Yak-Speed guild upgrade) and they have no respawn timer. On the old map the next yak on the same route would only spawn every 5 minutes unless the first yak was still on it’s way at that point(e. g. northcamp yaks taking more like 7 minutes getting to garrison on the old map). On the new map the next yak spawns right after the first one reaches it last object.

So the new maps actually give the strongest server an even bigger advantage becasue that’s what we really needed… “Yay”.

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Ok, but even then it doesn’t explain the scores in the image.

I know Devona’s Rest is trying, cause they are constantly in my Borderlands taking my camps and towers and making us kick them out. I could see the scores being higher across the board, but not this far apart (as of last night).

Attachments:

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

You took a screenshot at the one point where they actually were better than you in a whole week. Have a look here: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/
And with so many stuff being green that’s a lot of yaks running to their objects.

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

If you want a good laugh, look at the kill/death ratio on this match-up in http://wvwintel.com/#1022

Got no idea what is going on there, but it can’t be right.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Phantom Points in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: redzerofighter.2381

redzerofighter.2381

If you kill a yak on it’s way to an object it gives you three points. Also a yak that reaches it’s last object(if there is more than one object on it’s route) gives you three points too. Since Kaineng has an incredibly high tick with pretty much all camps being theirs that’s a lot of yaks reaching their objects.

So why is the effect so drastic now you may ask. On the new map yaks run much faster than they used to(even without Yak-Speed guild upgrade) and they have no respawn timer. On the old map the next yak on the same route would only spawn every 5 minutes unless the first yak was still on it’s way at that point(e. g. northcamp yaks taking more like 7 minutes getting to garrison on the old map). On the new map the next yak spawns right after the first one reaches it last object.

So the new maps actually give the strongest server an even bigger advantage becasue that’s what we really needed… “Yay”.

Wait, since when did dolyaks give 3 pts when they made it their final destination? I know killing dolyaks give 3 pts…

Umi Sonoda
Guild leader of Love Live [Maki]
Ferguson’s Crossing [NA]