Phat Seals latest commentary on ANET Scoring

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

Hi everyone,

I released a new commentary video on my summary and reaction of the latest ANET Scoring poll/post. Check me out!

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

Also – big shout out to people giving me great feedback and advice, thank you guys. Enjoy ladies & gents

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I did enjoy this video commentary too, and for most parts you still on right tracks so I will push about 2 points I sort of disagree about:

1 – Upgraded Objectives give more points per thick.

Yeah, you don’t like that because it makes players defend more and “sit in that stupid tower for whole day”. Perhaps, but again, it would apply to lower tiers too where taking Tier 3 keep is already so much work and takes whole day so nobody actually bothers with it. I think this change could be for the better if we also consider next bit “capturing objectives gives you points, more for higher tier”.

Now, this is about numbers in the end but lets assume Tier 3 objective ticks 3 points instead of tier 1 AND capturing Tier 3 gives your server 300 points while capturing tier 1 objective provides 50. What I think Anet is trying to change is this “let’s skip this fully upgraded objective and go capture the one we lost 5 minutes ago and has not got any tiers yet”. Both of these changes together, by making sure defenders defend harder and attackers have more reason to attack upgraded objectives, there should be more fights around them.

2 – WvW seasons

Well… no, no chance until any player can transfer to any server at any time with just few gems. If you want to continue with NFL analogy, currently one of the teams has several times more players on the field compared to other team. So, who will win the match? The one with more players. Do you seriously expect servers from last tier, even after linking, be able to compete with tier 1 servers? Not because one is “better” but one simply has 24 hour coverage, people around every time you log into WvW, while other has barely enough to create queue for few hours at prime time.

It is pointless atm. If you want to have competition, it needs to be fair. Every server needs to have a chance to win, if they are good at it and if they try hard. And it just wont work until servers are still so very much unbalanced by player population. You can be greatest player ever but if you only got 5 players and enemy server has 50, you will lose.

I honestly can not see any season EVER happening until server populations are actually balanced up (everyone could be divided randomly between every server) AND transfers permanently removed from the game. But I am also sure you can imagine how unpopular such measures will be.