PiP speed doesn't matter

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

it does not matter at all how fast or slow you gain PiPs. you don’t even need to afk farm or hunt outnumbered maps.

whether i blow through to cap in a day or if it takes me a week to do it. i’ll still never get more than 175 tickets.

Attachments:

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

“If i get it in a day or a week it doesnt matter because the cap is the same”… wut?

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

it does not matter at all how fast or slow you gain PiPs. you don’t even need to afk farm or hunt outnumbered maps.

whether i blow through to cap in a day or if it takes me a week to do it. i’ll still never get more than 175 tickets.

That is the diamond level, yes you got your tickets. Congrats. If that is all you are here for, then you are done ’till next week. If not, then continue to enjoy all of the diamond chest perks minus the tickets.

It’s kind of a genius system. Still get better rewards than we did, and you can gain ranks to make it faster in the future.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I wish Anet would lock OPs pip gain to 1 per tick for a week so we can hear his opinion afterwards.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Pip speed don’t matter? WTF are you on, and can you give some to me.

I put in normally about 3 to 5 hours a day into WvW. I think I nearly got out of the gold chest. After a week of WvW. Only reason I got that far was because of a few outnumbered buffs towards the end of the week

But yeah, apparently pip speed don’t matter. What? SMH

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

according to reddits research:
How long does it take to get all 175 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets (1450 pips) in one Week?

0 pips: infinite
1 pip : 1450 ticks, it takes 5d 0h 50m (120h 50m) or around 17h 15m per day
2 pips: 725 ticks, it takes 2d 12h 25m (60h 25m) or around 8h 40m per day
3 pips: 484 ticks, it takes 1d 16h 20m (40h 20m) or around 5h 45m per day
4 pips: 363 ticks, it takes 1d 6h 15m (30h 15m) or around 4h 20m per day
5 pips: 290 ticks, it takes 1d 0h 10m (24h 10m) or around 3h 30m per day
6 pips: 242 ticks, it takes 20h 10m or around 2h 55m per day
7 pips: 208 ticks, it takes 17h 20m or around 2h 30m per day
8 pips: 182 ticks, it takes 15h 10m or around 2h 10m per day
9 pips: 162 ticks, it takes 13h 30m or around 1h 55m per day
10 pips: 145 ticks, it takes 12h 5m or around 1h 45m per day
11 pips: 132 ticks, it takes 11h 0m or around 1h 35m per day
12 pips: 121 ticks, it takes 10h 5m or around 1h 25m per day
13 pips: 112 ticks, it takes 9h 20m or around 1h 20m per day
14 pips: 104 ticks, it takes 8h 40m or around 1h 15m per day
15 pips: 97 ticks, it takes 8h 5m or around 1h 10m per day
16 pips: 91 ticks, it takes 7h 35m or around 1h 5m per day
17 pips: 86 ticks, it takes 7h 10m or around 1h per day

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

It is still interesting to see the PiP threads. WvW has really never been about rewards when talking with the old timers. YES the rewards are here that other areas of the game enjoyed WvW’rs wanted some rewards to be inline with other ascended rewards. They are now here but will take a great deal of time to get. Why? Well let’s go back to PvP when the ascended was easy to get in S5 then the rewards were nerfed for S6 and the population dropped.

IMO I believe ANET saw this as an opportunity to keep WvW populated by using a harder reward system and weeding out those who will get bored. Has it worked? I think so as the queue times have dropped significantly from patch release until now. I generally do BLs because at the time I play, SMC is out of reach for me even at 50 in queue. I am good with that as I find enough people to run with and we do our thing and roll.

I have yet to reach a diamond box and could care less. there are days I play an hour and times when I run 5 or 6. What I hope for is some map revamping eventually.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

It is still interesting to see the PiP threads. WvW has really never been about rewards when talking with the old timers. YES the rewards are here that other areas of the game enjoyed WvW’rs wanted some rewards to be inline with other ascended rewards.

Except this thread started off from the perspective of someone who doesn’t have to struggle so much to max out. If you look at the time required to max out each week, you’ll see that for someone that normally plays 2-3 hours a day, there is no huge difference between them earning 6 pips or 17 pips per tick, they will still hit the cap each week. However, the time requirement increases exponentially below 6 pips, and that is what many have pointed out, that the pip rate should be more linear. Increasing base pips for server placement, for example, even by 1 pip would make a huge difference for those at the bottom.

Here’s a handy chart of hours per week vs. pips per tick based on the values from Limodriver’s table:

Attachments:

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Klipso.8653

It is still interesting to see the PiP threads. WvW has really never been about rewards when talking with the old timers. YES the rewards are here that other areas of the game enjoyed WvW’rs wanted some rewards to be inline with other ascended rewards.

Except this thread started off from the perspective of someone who doesn’t have to struggle so much to max out. If you look at the time required to max out each week, you’ll see that for someone that normally plays 2-3 hours a day, there is no huge difference between them earning 6 pips or 17 pips per tick, they will still hit the cap each week. However, the time requirement increases exponentially below 6 pips, and that is what many have pointed out, that the pip rate should be more linear. Increasing base pips for server placement, for example, even by 1 pip would make a huge difference for those at the bottom.

Here’s a handy chart of hours per week vs. pips per tick based on the values from Limodriver’s table:

This is what I’m pointing out, in theory i should have already doubled my cap this week. But since the cap is fixed I’m still only gaining as many tickets as a person who barely makes it.

Take my current 3,306 pips:

Lets say i never commanded -135
That’s 3,171 PiP’s

Lets say i was never outnumbered -150
Thats 3,021 PiP’s

Lets say i was only bronze rank -515
That’s 2,506 PiP’s

Lets even say that my server never got higher than 2nd place in a tick – 497
That’s 2,009

This cap requirement of 1,450 is not hard to reach for people who play the game mode. and it doesn’t matter if it takes you a week to get there, the cap stays the same even if you put 3X as many hours towards it.

Attachments:

(edited by Klipso.8653)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

True…anyone with middling or higher pips isn’t getting more of a benefit out of the system…

(edited by Sylvyn.4750)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Pretty much all they need to do is:

1. remove/lower pips from outnumbered buff.

2. give +1 pip per rank and make it so that those who are not even bronze yet can gain at least that 1 extra pip.
no rank = 1 pip
bronze = 2 pips
silver = 3 pips
gold = 4 pips
plat = 5 pips etc.

3. Improve loyalty/commitment. Those who are more committed to the mode should get more.
finished wood/bronze/silver last week = +1 pip.
finished gold/plat/mithril last week = +2 pips.
finished diamond last week +3 pips.

DONE. This way even zero rank players on dead servers (rip sos) can still gain like 3 pips (5 if they play enough).

also it is actually annoying how people come here now only to cry about getting rewards slower than those who played for years without any rewards…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If you are new to wvw, gain 20hrs a week of pips and you are on the worst server expect this:

You should get the wood chest by the end of the first week. The 2nd week you will have the loyal pip and you should finish with the bronze chest. 6weeks after you started, you will hit bronze rank for 3 pips and finish with the silver chest. 5 months after you start, you should hit silver rank for 4pips and finish with the platinum chest. By the time you hit silver you should have ~1495 tickets. 14 weeks after silver you should have enough ticket to complete the Warbringer. Meaning that someone playing on the worst server at all time, without outmanned will take 9.5 months to complete the Warbringer.

That estimate does not take into account that it rare to always be on the worst server for each skirmish, so you may get 2~4pips(after the loyal pip) per hour. Getting 2 tick of outmanned per hour increases your pip gain per hour by 25-100%. You may play more than 20hrs of weeks of pips. Stated hours of pips because it takes awhile to get to tier 3 participation, sometime it takes 5min other times 20min.

Oh forgot it takes 4 months to complete the Warbringer if you are max tickets weekly.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

True…anyone with middling or higher pips isn’t getting more of a benefit out of the system…

That’s what Ive been trying to explain all last week and finally gave up.
This system is there to penalize people who don’t play enough, not reward those who play/played a lot.

It’s easy for someone who has time and play a lot, its hard for new or casual players, even if these casuals actually enjoy the mode.
100h done in 2 weeks or 100h done in a months isnt rewarded the same for same rank.

Reward users who play/played a lot: cap rewards with higher rank gate or permanent reward/discounts
WvW tickets: fix the amount of work per day to make it on par with other modes or remove the timegate like PVP did.

Everyone wins.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

That’s what Ive been trying to explain all last week and finally gave up.
This system is there to penalize people who don’t play enough, not reward those who play/played a lot.

It’s easy for someone who has time and play a lot, its hard for new or casual players, even if these casuals actually enjoy the mode.
100h done in 2 weeks or 100h done in a months isnt rewarded the same for same rank.

Reward users who play/played a lot: cap rewards with higher rank gate or permanent reward/discounts
WvW tickets: fix the amount of work per day to make it on par with other modes or remove the timegate like PVP did.

Everyone wins.

Good points…and I’ll have to figure out a way to chart the exponential feature of the ticket rewards per chest, since they increase, based on pip rate earned and hours spent…that would really show how it exponentially punishes newer players and only minimally rewards vets….it’s not rewarding on either end of the spectrum. I imagine it would look like a bell curve, where if you are in the middle of the pack rank-wise, your reward for time played is actually better than those on either end of the ranks. After all, who among the vets is going to say, “oh, I played my hour for the day, or played my 10 hours for the week, so I think I’ll go play something else since I don’t need to be here anymore?”

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

This is what I’m pointing out, in theory i should have already doubled my cap this week. But since the cap is fixed I’m still only gaining as many tickets as a person who barely makes it.

Take my current 3,306 pips:

Lets say i never commanded -135
That’s 3,171 PiP’s

Lets say i was never outnumbered -150
Thats 3,021 PiP’s

Lets say i was only bronze rank -515
That’s 2,506 PiP’s

Lets even say that my server never got higher than 2nd place in a tick – 497
That’s 2,009

This cap requirement of 1,450 is not hard to reach for people who play the game mode. and it doesn’t matter if it takes you a week to get there, the cap stays the same even if you put 3X as many hours towards it.

Dude… seriously… How many hours have you spent in WvW over the course of just 3 days? 20? 30? 40? More? At an average gain of 8 pips per tick (probably where most people land), it’s somewhere around 35 I’m guessing. That’s not normal. In fact, that’s insane even by hardcore standards.

Either that or I grossly underestimated the dedication of people “who play the game mode”. Here I thought playing 6h on a free saturday was stretching it to “do I have a problem?” levels.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The should be rolled up into the other pip document eh. Just read through the entire thread and stop making new ones. @Dawdler 8 pips per tick is above average. The average player is around the bronze rank atm or 3pips per tick. The normal wvwer are way above that. https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank

The newer wvwers and casual players are the ones that have issues with the current reward system, its not balance. Even if you are maxing tickets every week it takes 2yrs to get enough tickets to complete the warbringer and all 3 prestige sets. Its a long term reward system, unlike the LS3 rewards which casual players are use to.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Reality is there was an expectation that new players would NOT max tickets. As they gain ranks, the pop acquisition becomes easier. THAT is how it was designed. Gain ranks. Pips go up.

And roll this into the other thread.

More posts about the same topic do not make them more correct.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Sometimes I am not clear because I get off topic lol. The point is there IS a fixed cap and the cap is GOOD because those who want the rewards or just learn to love WvW will stay and those who think “screw this” will leave.

So IF someone can cap out in 24 hours because they can play so much… get more PiPs than most for various reasons such as rank…outnumbered and such then the rewards are gotten fast…they leave and servers are dead again.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Has anyone considered that people with low pips were not meant to max out every week? The system is clearly setup to retroactively reward players for the past several years of supporting wvw. If those veterans had just started when rewards came out like the people who are complaining of low pips, then they would be in the same boat.

The “hard to reach” hard-cap isn’t meant to be reached every week through casual play. But for those who supported the game mode through thick and thin, gg here is a bonus to pip acquisition.

I’m sorry if people cannot comprehend/accept this now, but in 2-5 years I’m sure you can appreciate what I just said.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Has anyone considered that people with low pips were not meant to max out every week? The system is clearly setup to retroactively reward players for the past several years of supporting wvw. If those veterans had just started when rewards came out like the people who are complaining of low pips, then they would be in the same boat.

The “hard to reach” hard-cap isn’t meant to be reached every week through casual play. But for those who supported the game mode through thick and thin, gg here is a bonus to pip acquisition.

I’m sorry if people cannot comprehend/accept this now, but in 2-5 years I’m sure you can appreciate what I just said.

I agree, but the outnumbered buff to pips is making a mockery of that, I know a guy with rank 200 that completed diamond chest in 2 days just because of it.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Neutra.6857

Neutra.6857

I have. In fact I said I had no issue if I did not get diamond since I am low level. My problem is that for me getting even to silver takes a very long time. I am not complaining because I cannot get diamond.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

2. give +1 pip per rank and make it so that those who are not even bronze yet can gain at least that 1 extra pip.
no rank = 1 pip
bronze = 2 pips
silver = 3 pips
gold = 4 pips
plat = 5 pips etc.

3. Improve loyalty/commitment. Those who are more committed to the mode should get more.

DONE. This way even zero rank players on dead servers (rip sos) can still gain like 3 pips (5 if they play enough).

also it is actually annoying how people come here now only to cry about getting rewards slower than those who played for years without any rewards…

This

And real WvW veterans still get enough more rewards from their extra rank pips

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

While I mostly agree, most vets are arguing they are not in WvW for the rewards, but are quick to prevent anyone else from obtaining them, too. Kind of a double standard, no? Also, 2-5 years seems to be an unrealistic timeline. By then, we will either not be playing GW2 because GW3 is out, or the power creep in gear stats will have moved beyond Ascended, making the current rewards like getting a set of Exotic in today’s economy. I feel that some adjustment is in order to smooth out the graph I presented above to make it more linear. Should a new player have to struggle so much just t get the final wood chest? Should a committed Silver ranked player on BG be able to always easily get the last Diamond chest each week the same as a Mithril ranked player? See my chart above for how things go from exponentially difficult to very little difference beyond a certain point.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

While I mostly agree, most vets are arguing they are not in WvW for the rewards, but are quick to prevent anyone else from obtaining them, too. Kind of a double standard, no? Also, 2-5 years seems to be an unrealistic timeline. By then, we will either not be playing GW2 because GW3 is out, or the power creep in gear stats will have moved beyond Ascended, making the current rewards like getting a set of Exotic in today’s economy. I feel that some adjustment is in order to smooth out the graph I presented above to make it more linear. Should a new player have to struggle so much just t get the final wood chest? Should a committed Silver ranked player on BG be able to always easily get the last Diamond chest each week the same as a Mithril ranked player? See my chart above for how things go from exponentially difficult to very little difference beyond a certain point.

For me the pip speed really doesn’t matter, because as a WvW vet I should already have several sets of ascended armor, but as it is now I’ve gotten only one ascended armor piece with the pip system. It’s not because of tickets, it’s because of all the mats (750 silk scraps) I need but can’t get in WvW to make a single Grandmaster Tailor’s Mark. And you need 3 to 4 to get one piece of ascended armor, 20 for a full set. I’m going to have as many tickets as unused Badges of Honor by the time I get the 15000 silk scraps to make my first set of ascended armor.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Just an observation from this week in regards to new players. Since I have accts on both T2 and T4, I’ve actually noticed more lowby enemies on T2. The T2 servers that acct is fighting both belong in T2 and do not have a problem most times avoiding last place each skirmish.

Now I’m not going to claim there are no new players on the servers that get last place 9 times out of 10, but before we talk about what needs to be adjusted and the poor <150 players, perhaps we should get some server statistics and find out if the majority of those players are actually poor <150 players on bottom barrel servers or if they’re on a stacked server that wouldn’t miss them once they’ve gotten their rewards and moved on.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

For me, I now see the pip system as the worst form of grind, like Korean MMO’s.

Grind more, get ranks.

Grind more, get pips.

Spend 40-50 hours a week playing the game to get 175 tickets a week. (none of the calculations take into account waiting time for queues, or how long it can take to get to tier 3 once you get in). You need to grind at least to end of wood every week to maintain ‘participation’.

There is no carry over, so every week most lower ranks lose progression- so the thought is, either push for end of next box, or stop when you get finished one level as those other pips are gone.

As a dedicated wvw player that has a real life, I’m ignoring it now and just playing when I want. But it sits there in the back of my mind and puts me off playing.

End result, I play this game less and another one more.

As with everything wvw-related, the devs set the targets way too high (probably because the white knights they talk to say ’that’s easily achievable in a weekend’). Remember the original yak slapper target? For most players, this pip system feels like that achievement- unreachable.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well i usually got it done in Monday and i don’t even play much.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Lolwhat? Vets are not holding new players down… all the new players need to do is put some time into the game mode to get bronze in a month or 2 and silver in 6 months to a year.

We have been using ascended gear as max stat for 3-4 years, far longer than exotics were top stat.

The things to smooth out the gap already exist, win the skirmishes, get outnumbered buff, command and be “loyal” to a server. Charts with the difference between 1 and 7 pips are hilarious because they change radically when the other pips enter the picture.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Lolwhat? Vets are not holding new players down… all the new players need to do is put some time into the game mode to get bronze in a month or 2 and silver in 6 months to a year.

We have been using ascended gear as max stat for 3-4 years, far longer than exotics were top stat.

The things to smooth out the gap already exist, win the skirmishes, get outnumbered buff, command and be “loyal” to a server. Charts with the difference between 1 and 7 pips are hilarious because they change radically when the other pips enter the picture.

Well, people have to have the skins to play the mode so it’s not fair and cruel…

O wait.. it’s not required. That’s right.

It’s a pointless exercise.

This thread should be consolidated. It’s the same arguments over again.

Nothing to see here..

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

While I mostly agree, most vets are arguing they are not in WvW for the rewards, but are quick to prevent anyone else from obtaining them, too. Kind of a double standard, no?

No.

They aren’t there for rewards.
They don’t want people who are there for the rewards to be there.
Your motive for playing WvW should never be “i want the lootz”.

It’s not necessarily a good position but it is internally consistent.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

While I mostly agree, most vets are arguing they are not in WvW for the rewards, but are quick to prevent anyone else from obtaining them, too. Kind of a double standard, no?

No.

They aren’t there for rewards.
They don’t want people who are there for the rewards to be there.
Your motive for playing WvW should never be “i want the lootz”.

It’s not necessarily a good position but it is internally consistent.

Correction: There aren’t there only for rewards. But let’s be honest: rewards certainly brought some vets back as well.

There’s of course another reason for vets to come back: because more people are playing. Vets, or at least some of them, are glad cause there’s more people. So I really don’t get why some of them (not a lot actually) are that hostile with fixing base pip || timegate. It does not really impact you, or your previous years (you’re still high ranked) and it ensure that people don’t get too burnt out per week and do things at their own speed. Burning out is actually a legit reason for leaving a mode after playing for so long, so intensively every week.

Now, fix the base pip by adding pips where it matters, aka rewards your actual activity. Yeah sure It can lead to karma trains, but now you gotta make a choice, would you rather have players half afking or the potential of karma trains ?

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Now, fix the base pip by adding pips where it matters, aka rewards your actual activity. Yeah sure It can lead to karma trains, but now you gotta make a choice, would you rather have players half afking or the potential of karma trains ?

I would rather have players half afking. Rewards on tick is there for a reason. People “half afking” doesn’t actually hurt anyone. Rewards on event screws anyone who isn’t ktraining.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

We just need more ways to acquire tickets. I repeat Diamond tier 6 rewards multiple times a week. I think they should add diminished ticket amounts upon completion. I also think they need to stop resetting progress weekly on peoples chests.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Been trying to tell people this fact from the launch of the reward changes. Unfortunately there are “old guard” who want to punish people who don’t put in the same time they do, because they somehow feel entitled to other peoples time. Obviously those will also argue that isn’t the case because no one wants to admit to that kind of mindset.

A solution that is VERY simple (in concept)..

Pip track doesn’t reset weekly, but resets at the end of the week you finish the diamond chest.

100h done in 2 weeks or 100h done in a months isnt rewarded the same solves this problem.

This does make the loyalty commitment pip almost impossible for most to obtain and would need to be reworked to be what was originally advertised: 3 weeks on the same server, not “earn x pips in the previous week(s)” Though honestly, making outnumbered +4 (-1 compared to current) and making placement pips +2/3/4 ( +1 on current) would also help the bottom end of the pip range considerably.

edit:

Suffers from

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Most of you guys don’t know that up until about 1-1/2 – 2 years ago the “tic” was actually 15 mins long and there was no skirmish score. I’m wondering what the response to these rewards would’ve been had Anet given bronze players 3 pips per tic while changing the tic time back to 15 mins. I bet bronze people would’ve been more receptive to the pips even though it would’ve equated to the same amount per current tic.

Anyway, just abit of hostile nostalgia…but imo the fights and participation were better when the tic was longer.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Looking at you attached pictures and doing some math with your world score + seeing 5 days remaining in the match-up:
You played almost 19h within the first two days of the match-up. That’s not representative, even for a hard core WvW player and unhealthy (just my opinion).

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

according to reddits research:
How long does it take to get all 175 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets (1450 pips) in one Week?

0 pips: infinite
1 pip : 1450 ticks, it takes 5d 0h 50m (120h 50m) or around 17h 15m per day
2 pips: 725 ticks, it takes 2d 12h 25m (60h 25m) or around 8h 40m per day
3 pips: 484 ticks, it takes 1d 16h 20m (40h 20m) or around 5h 45m per day
4 pips: 363 ticks, it takes 1d 6h 15m (30h 15m) or around 4h 20m per day
5 pips: 290 ticks, it takes 1d 0h 10m (24h 10m) or around 3h 30m per day
6 pips: 242 ticks, it takes 20h 10m or around 2h 55m per day
7 pips: 208 ticks, it takes 17h 20m or around 2h 30m per day
8 pips: 182 ticks, it takes 15h 10m or around 2h 10m per day
9 pips: 162 ticks, it takes 13h 30m or around 1h 55m per day
10 pips: 145 ticks, it takes 12h 5m or around 1h 45m per day
11 pips: 132 ticks, it takes 11h 0m or around 1h 35m per day
12 pips: 121 ticks, it takes 10h 5m or around 1h 25m per day
13 pips: 112 ticks, it takes 9h 20m or around 1h 20m per day
14 pips: 104 ticks, it takes 8h 40m or around 1h 15m per day
15 pips: 97 ticks, it takes 8h 5m or around 1h 10m per day
16 pips: 91 ticks, it takes 7h 35m or around 1h 5m per day
17 pips: 86 ticks, it takes 7h 10m or around 1h per day

this, anyone over the 4ish pips per tick should be silent imho and stop robbing their easy mode tick counter in everyones faces

it is a bit wierd to come back and see everything be about getting Stats and rewards now when before it was all about just enjoying the gameplay and maybe get some cosmetics.
times change

ps: its funny they add a bunch of extra grind saying it is to give the hardcore players something more to do, then give the players who playes the most the fastest ticks, removing that grind time and just punishing the lower ranked players by doing it :/

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

sad panda. just had it reset the timer at the Very last chest of diamond… yer i don’t feel angry, annoyed and “pointless * design” right now

it’s sad it’s made so dumb, why even have a time limit when the limit is Different for the players? some reach it after only 7h’s and others misses the last box after spending 30h. absolutely not a fair reward Vs. Effort and it makes me feel really kitten crappy about wasting the extra time trying to reach diamond. big “fu” to me imho :/

this need to be Fixed ASAP

(edited by Nyx.6532)

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Posted by: Threepwood.6549

Threepwood.6549

no rank = 1 pip
bronze = 2 pips
silver = 3 pips
gold = 4 pips
plat = 5 pips etc.

Best suggestion I’ve seen. Even if they just did #1 and #3, that would be a good improvement.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Klipso.8653

OK, so I might have have a tiny bit more time to play this week than the average player, but I’m obviously here because I enjoy the mode because I’ve hit cap 4 times.

The problem is that this is not a ‘reward system’ its a contribution system. It does not exist to reward those of us who play enough to be able to hit cap 4 times in a week, it exists only to penalize the players who cant hit it once.

The best fix they can do is to make the tickets invisible in the background. keep the rewards on tick but do not allow the player to see how close they are to gaining tickets. Tally them up throughout the week and award all tickets for players on the Friday reset. They don’t even need to increase the cap, they can keep it at 175, but they need to stop showing the player how close they are based on a 5-min ladder.

Attachments:

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The problem is that this is not a ‘reward system’ its a contribution system. It does not exist to reward those of us who play enough to be able to hit cap 4 times in a week, it exists only to penalize the players who cant hit it once.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Loot is always loot, no matter how much it is. This is like arguing that PvE world bosses doesnt exist to reward those killing them multiple spawns, they only exist to penalize PvE players that cant kill them every spawn. That a minor part of the loot is capped tickets is meaningless.

PiP speed doesn't matter

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

OK, so I might have have a tiny bit more time to play this week than the average player, but I’m obviously here because I enjoy the mode because I’ve hit cap 4 times.

The best fix they can do is to make the tickets invisible in the background. keep the rewards on tick but do not allow the player to see how close they are to gaining tickets. Tally them up throughout the week and award all tickets for players on the Friday reset. They don’t even need to increase the cap, they can keep it at 175, but they need to stop showing the player how close they are based on a 5-min ladder.

And I thought my 4.1k pips were impressive

Jesus christ and you’re even silver compared to my plat.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)